Best sealing Hoods?

• Thread starter WalterWhiteFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Howdy farmers! I wanted to get some input on what you guys think is the best sealing hood. I run co2 and adjusta wings but want to start air cooling again to get my AC to run less and thus bring up my RH%. All the air cooled hoods I have experience with are not built to make an air tight seal. And i refuse to tape the edges of the glass: Raptor, xxl, Big Kahuna, Block buster, yeild master. Granted this was a couple years ago, im sure they have made improvements to these models but I found these all sucked. Literally sucked my co2 right out. SOOO what are you farmers who are air cooling and CO2 enriching getting the best results from?

symbiote420

symbiote420

Great thread to start up bro, would give you a like but its malfunctioning lol

Ladyv

Ladyv

We blow through our hoods and noticed positive pressure in our sealed room after turning the system on the first time, soooo....off to Lowes we went and bought the best quality weather stripping we could find (the denser stuff, not the foam crap). I removed all the cheesy stuff that came with the hoods, cleaned residue off with some alcohol and then we installed the thicker stuff. Turned everything back on and VOILA!! no more positive pressure making the room door hard to open. The hoods are harder to close now, you really need to squeeze them together to get the holes to line up for the thumb screws but it works and was cheap!!

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

best of luck on the no tape endeavors. fwiw i think raptors seal much better than magnums or blockbusters.

ladyv thanks for the tip. going to be trying that out this week.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
fwiw I like to push my air through the hoods to stop the CO2 loss and prevent odor links. That being said, I've had good luck putting my aaw on a cool tube. You just need to dremel a couple of new holes in the aaw to connect the cool tube. Here's a pic

DSC 3261
WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Cool idea LadyV way better option than taping the lens.
fwiw I like to push my air through the hoods to stop the CO2 loss and prevent odor links. That being said, I've had good luck putting my aaw on a cool tube. You just need to dremel a couple of new holes in the aaw to connect the cool tube. Here's a pic
Thats a cool custom hood! Thanks for the reply!

P

paulycali

New blockbusters are badass and for sure completely sealed. Diggin the new and improved design as well

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Blockbusters seem to seal decently could be a bit better and have an even and concentrated spread imo. I hate tape as well

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Ditto on this. Magnums all the way. The new ones are the best Ive tried..

Have you ever looked into the Raptors? Seems like most prefer the magnum over the raptor every time. Raptors are cheaper, larger and research shows the penetration is greater.

K

kushsmoker30

mags or block b's r good, i have block b's n some adjusta wings (wings suck imo) also i had Mag's sold em n want em back.:mad:

why not remove glass but hook up ducting to each hood. i've done it in the past cuz of leaky hoods snitching on me by letting the hood smell me, so i patched up the holes in the roof removed glass but left ducts intact.

it worked really good for removing heat like u wouldn't believe, my only prob was hoods where in a row of 2 so the hood closest to exhaust fan needed to have the glass on to create suction to farther hood. ima do it again but this time ima put a Y inbetween the hoods n hook up hoods to the Y N the Y to the fan sucking heat away, fan will blow into an elbow pointing down towards a dehumidifier in the same room.

this WILL cause the RH to go up when ur cold air gets sucked into the hot hood, keep the air moving n create a more all around even environment as ur air will be constantly moving making more easier to achieve an even room temp. u will be truly pleased, even surprised by how much heat is removed by doing this. peace

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

just blast a load in all the cracks.....done. lmao. You ever heard of tape? Does wonders!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
No co2 here but my radiant 6s have a decent seal.

outwest

K

kushsmoker30

that would take all the co2 out of the room......

if this was in response to my post, ur misstaken n didn't read it right.

if not then ignore this response.

each hood will have 1 duct leading to a Y (2 hoods per Y)witch will go to a fan thats sucking air, the fan will blow into an elbow blowing the air down back "INTO" the room toward a dehumidifier. the air will never get pushed out the room, this just keeps the air moving constantly not allowing heat to build up plus thats how u get a consistent temp N NO UR CO2 WILL NOT BE WAiSTED as it's only blowing around the room. only place co2's will be going is into my plants stomata's:).

the biggest bonus is how much lumens u gain by removal of the glass in a regular hood, chunkier heavier nugs is the out come if u can keep temps in check.

i've also used a shit load of a/c tape for ducts that's air tight or whatever on hoods, it's not as effective as i wish. it's better this way IMO

T

tedsprogz

Yes i was mistaken, that works fairly well if the ambient temps are low.

ttystikk

ttystikk

What you're really asking for is a way to cool the room without having to push air through it. I use a chiller, and it works well for this application; no air turnover, so no smell. fwiw...

As a bonus, the chiller heats my house all winter. As another bonus, it also cools my RDWC. Last bonus? Much more efficient than either AC or leaky hoods...

blazer

blazer

Melonhead hoods are sealed good, perfect for sealed room with c02!

Top Bottom