Best times to use a PK 13/14

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot about how cannabis likes lower P levels in flower with occasional spikes to boost flowering and I was wondering how to best do this.

I am going to be trying out canna coco a&b with the pk 13/14 a couple times during flower. Theyre chart says to only use it once, but from what Ive seen it might be better to use multiple times during different flowering stages.

Im thinking of using it at week 3 and week 6 on a 9 week strain (8 weeks nutes w/ 1 week flush) for 3-4 days only.

If anyone else has tried using spikes of P instead of just increasing overall levels in flower I would love to know how you did it. Im trying to find the best way to try this before I start experimenting. Thanks everyone!

O

organicfreak

im using moab 1st week
hammer head 2-4
moab 5-6
gravity/snow storm 7
flush 8

also have myco's,fulvic/humic acid,carboload,carefree enzyme's, and canna coco a+b
ALL HOMEMADE SHIT... fuck the nute companies and there over priced salt water...

o

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

When I was running Canna products (still use the Boost and pk 13/14 in my program now) in Canna coco I ran the A&B @ 8ml wks 1-7, Boost @ 4ml wks 2-7 (9-10 week strain) and ran the pk 13/14 @ 2ml wks 2-4 bumped it up to 6ml wks 5-6 and back down to 2ml wk 7 (9-10 wk strain). GUARANTEED FROST!! I flush for 14-21 days with plain acclimated pH'd water.

Im in soil now and still run the Boost all the way thru flower but ONLY run the pk 13/14 in wks 5-6.

southstreets

southstreets

Yea I like to run my pk through the whole grow.. Wk 2-9 bumping up every couple wks.. Also Gunna use Moab wks 7-8 instead of the boost..

Rburdeaux

Rburdeaux

some people do it in the first week to trgger flowering and then will continue with it in the last weeks..

sdgrower

sdgrower

This run I used Moab/Cannaboost in week 2 and day 28 of flowering. I plan to hit them one more time with the Moab/Cannaboost combo around day 38-42. I have been reading desert squirrels threads and trying to see when he does his boosts.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I always thought it was desert squirrel as in squirrel from the desert, so it's dessert squirrel as in he's a squirrel that likes pies/cakes/cookies? lol

C

cctt

This is an interesting question. Canna recommends hitting them once in week 3, but almost every other manufacturer's schedule includes some form of PK boost throughout. I'd be very interested to see any kind of quantitative testing showing how much additional PK levels affect yields. Of course, the base flowering nutrient is full of both of these, as well, so there remains the question of which (base or boost) is best to elevate at the point they need it the most.

jyip

jyip

i pretty much run pk 13-14 from 2nd week till 2weeks from end of cycle @ lesser amounts usually 2.5 ml per gal

dankworth

dankworth

Google "myth of high P", really informative on the respective merits of P vs K for bloom boosts.

We are getting sold a bunch of P that we do not actually need.

K

kushtrees

Google "myth of high P", really informative on the respective merits of P vs K for bloom boosts.

We are getting sold a bunch of P that we do not actually need.

I remember reading an email from dyna bloom in a thread somewhere that was explaining their very high P nutes. It essentially said that while plants dont really need or even like extremely high P, the consumer (being growers who shop at hydro stores) wanted high P formulas so they were going to supply them. I thought it was funny

dankworth

dankworth

I remember reading an email from dyna bloom in a thread somewhere that was explaining their very high P nutes. It essentially said that while plants dont really need or even like extremely high P, the consumer (being growers who shop at hydro stores) wanted high P formulas so they were going to supply them. I thought it was funny
Dude you have turned into a nute snob huh.;)

jyip

jyip

this tray i did it like canna says to give it(day 20 in my case), from my best understanding you give it when the plants stop their stretch at 6ml a gal and overnight they pretty much triched/resined up and became alot more sticky and more aroma too,,,,i'm gonna runa res like that for 10-14days and then down to 2ml a gal till flush, im using all canna aqua, plus boost @ 12 ml a gal too, healthiest plants i have had in quite awhile,,,, i 12/12 on 5/13 and they are covered in trichs with thick bud development with ((this pic is on day 25))) cola development beginning to....yellowed leaf area are ruby red's, rest are millenium and a few bubblegums too
InspecstkrsFAMILYPETS 162

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

Just got their FIRST pk 13/14 spike (1 days before) when pics were taken... (pics are at day 30 in flower)

Blue Hash
DP grow week 5 day 30 BHbud
Blue Widow
DP grow week 5 day 30 BWbud

Same plants at 34 days in (after 2nd pk 13/14 spike) (first pic is Blue Widow 2nd is Blue Hash)

Blue widow
Blue hash

This week (week 6) I will back off the pk a little then weeks 7-9 will be a 21 day flush with water ONLY!

jyip

jyip

luckyleaf, didja notice the trich development right after the spike? like mine did

Top Bottom