Best Weed You Ever Had

• Thread starter GrowAholiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
starr

starr

Your totally right I moved to the states after leaving libya around 86-87. I can't compare anything too Thai stick although hand rubbed charas sticks not balls was beyond widely availible in libya same with opium. It was openly available in little stands in public. But honestly I can very distinctly remember more Adulterated shoe polish hash and gross bricks of moldy flowers almost all was from the kush region and Asia then anything else, when we moved from there too Seattle too say I was blown away by the level of cannabis grown here is an uunderstatement by the late 90s cannabis here in the states was starting its take over. Present day cannabis im going too garuntee would run over anything from the past like mike Tyson through peppermint patty. Or just take some dabs drink some tincture. I just seriously cant believe that with tinctures with 80% the content or shatter couldn't surpass the potencanard buzz of yester year. I agree with Lot in here i think its tolerance.

alaskind

alaskind

Me thinks tolerance is as much a factor in herbal enjoyment as thc profile..... good thing too cause,a break.from herbis cheaper than the next designer strain..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
#1 for me would be the stash my uncle Bill an ironworker brought home from Jamaica in 72. He was working for a company on some new resorts on the island for 2 years and made friends with several Rasta's during his stay. You all know of it, he called it Lambsbread/Breath. I know there much controversy on the correct name. But I do no for a fact that he called it Lambsbread in 72 .......An interesting point was raised earlier about tolerance, that makes sense as I was a wee lad in those days so I would like to be able to compare with some today and see if it was all that. But according to my level of knowledge the cuts we see in the US today arent the same line that was running and available in the early 70's so I don't think I will get my wish to try to relive my youth...... What I do remember was it wiped me the %%%% out. Uncle Bill was a cool dude.

#2 would be the Thai Stick my cousin was bringing home from Nam round 73. There seems to be some legend surrounding it as urban legends go. Some say it was dipped in opium and this and that. Not sure what the truth really is but it was a stash that I still smile when I think of it to this day. :D

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

First of all thank you for everybody's input. I am now aware that my exposure to good weed/good genetics is next to none. I grew up in an area where Mexican bunk weed was of abundance and Kind Bud (that's all it was ever called in my area) came around here and there depending on who you knew. I have to admit I am to young to relate with all the Thai Stick stories that have been told. I feel nothing but pure jealousy when reading all your account's of the best weed you ever had. It lets me know that as much as I have a passion for cannabis that there's something missing in my life because I have simply not had the chance to try most of all these fire flame strains, and varieties you guys and gals are discussing (mostly because of my location and no good connections). Maybe one day I'll meet "the guy" that takes me to a boat full of weed or maybe a field of glory where I can have one of these never to forget stories all of you are telling.

@therrock Sounds like I need to be in your circle with that Chiquita Banana.

@SHIRDABZALOT Always heard of ATF but like many other's for me... Never seen or smoked it. Sounds amazing btw.

@chickenman $20 a stick? What I would give to be alive in those days.

@Quagmire It looks like I could fall in love with that Elephant Bud.

@motherlode That White D is making my mouth water. Spectacular sir.

@Seamaiden I feel like such a pup with all these legend's chiming in on how bad ass the weed was back in the day (when I wasn't even born yet) and then to say weed today is generally more potent. Where have I been!?!?!? I feel like a complete novice because I've never been in a location where all these elite genetics are grown and produced.

Again thank you everybody for sharing your stories. Its awesome to hear all walks of life having similar experiences because of this fine herb we all love.

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

I know this is older but.

The best I ever personally had was the original White Widow. At the time, I was selling drugs to support my habit, & I had things shipped from Amsterdam. One time I asked the guy to throw the three craziest strains they had in. White Widow, Purple Haze, & for the life of me, I cannot remember what the third one was. I don't do that anymore, but...

The WW, rocketed you to another dimension. The PH was typical of Dam weed, smelly, tasty, but I'm not a haze fan.
Two other people I know's best ever was White Grapes, & Goji. I've had the Goji in question, & it's pretty good. Very happy high. But I will be forever searching for that WW.

In the last 18 months or so, I haven't come across anything special. The goji was probably the best I've had in recent time but it wasn't like the stuff from the Dam.

I'm just now getting turned on to these other genetics though. Been using seeds from the big name guys, & it's, well, it's mj. I can't wait to try some of the things I've found on this forum...but never even hear mentioned any place else.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
must have been my visit to the northern region of Sumatra they had sticks similar to thai.about 35 years ago. They also had mushrooms that were insane. Dime for a 6 inch long stick gooey with opium I reckon or just plain gooey..

StickyBiz

StickyBiz

I got some sativa seeds from the Malana area, crossed one with Orient Express and got a girl that took 17 weeks to finish. That weed was all psycho pink Cadillac and my hippie pals all swore I had dribbled some acid on it...they knew I didn't but that stuff was an eight hour plus trip.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I used to unload fishing boats full of Thai stick back in the 70`s , got a pound for every 4 hours work. Strong ass stuff. Had no seeds ever but was able to acquire a few seeds after agreeing to load fishing boats from a ship out at sea. That was about the end of it back in 79. I`ve grown it out but it turns out a vine because the main stem never gets stiff. Whiffy buds kind of like what falls from fruitless mulberry trees and the trecs never cloud up but stay clear. It would take a cubic foot of bud tied to a stick to make 1/3 oz. This stuff only dies when it freezes hard and can take flooding or drought , bug proof and mold proof ! Grows in a hedge with rooting anywhere the stem touches the ground. Drop even a small dried up stem and it re-grows like Johnson grass. From the looks of the plant I`d guess it grows year round in Thailand. Very pine like smell. I`m thinking of crossing it to ether/and pre ww2 Sierra Leon IBL or some old Dutch Flowers Lemon Thai once I get my farm up and running and can do breeding again. If I can get the bud to bulk up a little it would be a super strain!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I used to unload fishing boats full of Thai stick back in the 70`s , got a pound for every 4 hours work. Strong ass stuff. Had no seeds ever but was able to acquire a few seeds after agreeing to load fishing boats from a ship out at sea. That was about the end of it back in 79. I`ve grown it out but it turns out a vine because the main stem never gets stiff. Whiffy buds kind of like what falls from fruitless mulberry trees and the trecs never cloud up but stay clear. It would take a cubic foot of bud tied to a stick to make 1/3 oz. This stuff only dies when it freezes hard and can take flooding or drought , bug proof and mold proof ! Grows in a hedge with rooting anywhere the stem touches the ground. Drop even a small dried up stem and it re-grows like Johnson grass. From the looks of the plant I`d guess it grows year round in Thailand. Very pine like smell. I`m thinking of crossing it to ether/and pre ww2 Sierra Leon IBL or some old Dutch Flowers Lemon Thai once I get my farm up and running and can do breeding again. If I can get the bud to bulk up a little it would be a super strain!

I would love to see some pics of this!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Ha Ha I got some old negatives of off loading fishing boats. I used to have some pictures of the plants but the laptop bit the dust and I lost those pics. I think I sent a few of the pics to orgkid but sure he lost those as well. I also think `J `from Elite Genetics took a few pics of it growing when he rented from me. Again sure those pics were lost as well. Sorry! There is one other person that might have them Heath Robertson or maybe his friend Buddha Bud in the UK. Haven`t talked to ether in many years. Only other person who I knew ever had these seeds were one of the Haze Bros crew . I never heard that they even grew them out. One of their cousins was on my unloading crew because Jerry Garcia vouched for him. I figured he would be cool as it was Jerry who vouched for me years before.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Haha man, seeing some of you old schoolers drop that name tickles me. It's shit like that, that makes me wish I were born 30 years earlier. Very cool though, I'll hit google and see if I can track down some pics of that particular plant. A cannabis plant that grows like a vine. To make something like that produce quantity would surely appeal to the guerilla farmers.

doublejj

doublejj

what kind of sativa do you think that was Double JJ you think its still growing in rural in Vietnam?
I think Marks description is not too far off. I have tried for years to reconcile what I think I saw in Vietnam with my growing experience & I just can't.
Your gonna think I was just crazy with jungle fever & high on pot, which I cannot deny, but I swear I saw marijuana plants that were growing a vine like hopps & had huge old looking stocks & both old drying buds & new flowers at the same time...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I almost didn`t post that because I`m sure it sparks visions of al old guy with a white beard and thinning long hair. Well that`s me! Yep the little kid who was nicknamed the `little wizard` by Steve from Sacred Seeds is now a full blown old raisin , LOL! I really need to take an other toke and think about this some more!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@doublejj I saw on another forum a few years back about a guy trying to graft cannabis to a hops plant. Apparently they're from the same genus (sp?). May have tried grafting hops to a cannabis root stalk, I don't recall the specifics. But considering they are essentially close cousins if not essential genetic siblings, I don't see a reason why this would seem crazy. Just a different area and this very versatile plant adapting accordingly. Or them Viet Cong had tricks up their sleeves. One of the two, damn fox hole dwelling heathens.

@markscastle don't take my comment offensively, by any means. I have mad respect for you older cats. I'm grateful to even be here to type this to you today in my young age of almost three decades. I'll be even more grateful when I get up there and am telling some other younger punks my stories of yester year.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I think Marks description is not too far off. I have tried for years to reconcile what I think I saw in Vietnam with my growing experience & I just can't.
Your gonna think I was just crazy with jungle fever & high on pot, which I cannot deny, but I swear I saw marijuana plants that were growing a vine like hopps & had huge old looking stocks & both old drying buds & new flowers at the same time...

@doublejj I saw on another forum a few years back about a guy trying to graft cannabis to a hops plant. Apparently they're from the same genus (sp?). May have tried grafting hops to a cannabis root stalk, I don't recall the specifics. But considering they are essentially close cousins if not essential genetic siblings, I don't see a reason why this would seem crazy. Just a different area and this very versatile plant adapting accordingly. Or them Viet Cong had tricks up their sleeves. One of the two, damn fox hole dwelling heathens.

@markscastle don't take my comment offensively, by any means. I have mad respect for you older cats. I'm grateful to even be here to type this to you today in my young age of almost three decades. I'll be even more grateful when I get up there and am telling some other younger punks my stories of yester year.

Top Bottom