Beware Of H&G Magic Green

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I recently bought a bottle of House & Garden's Magic Green.. After reading the directions it called for 10ml. Per liter.. I gave my plants a light foliar feeding with what was recommended & it badly fucked up my plants.. I got a nute lock out & all plants turned yellow.. That issue caused lots of more issues cuz I didn't actually know what was wrong & I tried 2 fix the issue with more "N" then more CalMag & that lead 2 the Claw.. After over a month of this I finely found out threw another farmer (ODB) that my lable was wrong the real dosage should b 5ml. Per gal not 10ml per liter I tested the recommended dosage that was printed on my lable & it was way 2 hot at over 1700 ppm's.. I should of tested the ppm's 1st b4 I'm fead my plants it was my bad 2 trust H&G's directions.. So anybody out there that juss bought a newer bottle of Magic Green watch out cuz the directions r way off & could possibly kill ur crop.. All this info was posted in my grow diary (WiFi #1 Round 2) but I decided 2 post in this forum cuz not everybody reads my grow thread.. Be careful farmers sometimes the labels r not giving the rite info.. Magic Green is a good product if used at .5ml.-1ml. Per liter but at 10ml. Per liter as the new labels say will cause lots of horribly issues..:mad0233:

Aligee

Aligee

I recently bought a bottle of House & Garden's Magic Green.. After reading the directions it called for 10ml. Per liter.. I gave my plants a light foliar feeding with what was recommended & it badly fucked up my plants.. I got a nute lock out & all plants turned yellow.. That issue caused lots of more issues cuz I didn't actually know what was wrong & I tried 2 fix the issue with more "N" then more CalMag & that lead 2 the Claw.. After over a month of this I finely found out threw another farmer (ODB) that my lable was wrong the real dosage should b 5ml. Per gal not 10ml per liter I tested the recommended dosage that was printed on my lable & it was way 2 hot at over 1700 ppm's.. I should of tested the ppm's 1st b4 I'm fead my plants it was my bad 2 trust H&G's directions.. So anybody out there that juss bought a newer bottle of Magic Green watch out cuz the directions r way off & could possibly kill ur crop.. All this info was posted in my grow diary (WiFi #1 Round 2) but I decided 2 post in this forum cuz not everybody reads my grow thread.. Be careful farmers sometimes the labels r not giving the rite info.. Magic Green is a good product if used at .5ml.-1ml. Per liter but at 10ml. Per liter as the new labels say will cause lots of horribly issues..:mad0233:

That's some real BS there on House & Gardens' part looks like this is not a isolated issue more peeps is stating the same !!! Don't see how this would happen there quality control needs some attention ASAP !!! Glad you got them girls going back in the right >>> direction them weeds are tuff suckers !!!

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
That sucks Goo. I hope your girls snap back quick.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

That's some real BS there on House & Gardens' part looks like this is not a isolated issue more peeps is stating the same !!! Don't see how this would happen there quality control needs some attention ASAP !!! Glad you got them girls going back in the right >>> direction them weeds are tuff suckers !!!

Yea this is happening 2 lots of farmers.. That's y I posted this thread so this won't happen 2 more farmers..

K

kes5480

i just put 1- 2 drops in water in my small spray bottle...that shit is super concentrated.

so goo u sayin 5ml or .5ml???
and i hear wat ur sayin with the h&g feed chart. i got a soil chart and a coco chart one is in liters and one is in gallons...that really almost fucked me up big time one feeding, but good thing i noticed b4 i gave my girls there "liquid death". h&g should stick with one or the other and dont mix em up on there labels. u wud think a big company like that wud catch a mess up like that before shippin it around the world. bet a lot of plants were killed due to this.

well thanks goo for letting everyone kno..
peace
keS

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

On OBD's bottle it says 5ml per gal.. But I mix in a liter bottle so I use .5ml. I only mix a 1/2 ml. Per liter or quart... 1/2 ml. Magic green mixed with 32oz. Water with a drop of dish soap..

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

250 ppm is perfect for most strains IME. Definitely a major fukk up by H&G putting 20it ml/l.. I dont evan think i use 5ml a gallon. Usually a few drops in my sprayer is plenty.. ~ODB~

xrob415x

xrob415x

Be careful with house & Gardens online calculator also. Two weeks ago I was on it and it recomended 10mil/gallon of Bud XL. My dumb ass followed this without reading the bottle that recomends 3.8 ml/Gallon. I burned them. I then called H&G rep and they told me that some online dosages were mistakes and that there were trying to correct them.

ttystikk

ttystikk

This isn't even a new problem for them- it's been mislabeled for over a year now. I wonder how many customers it's cost them? For a fertilizer company, fucking up the dilution instructions is a lot like a car manufacturer recommending antifreeze in the oil filler!

On OBD's bottle it says 5ml per gal.. But I mix in a liter bottle so I use .5ml. I only mix a 1/2 ml. Per liter or quart... 1/2 ml. Magic green mixed with 32oz. Water with a drop of dish soap..

I use ONE ml/liter or quart as per the H&G rep I spoke to and get good results. A lil dishsoap is good. A non-ionic surfactant sticker/spreader may be better.

Be careful with house & Gardens online calculator also. Two weeks ago I was on it and it recomended 10mil/gallon of Bud XL. My dumb ass followed this without reading the bottle that recomends 3.8 ml/Gallon. I burned them. I then called H&G rep and they told me that some online dosages were mistakes and that there were trying to correct them.

Wow- so this isn't even an isolated incident?! I'd go BALLISTIC if I was running this company!

By the way, there are better, far simpler- and cheaper alternatives out there:

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

They r crazy

I juss got a email from HW this is what they said.. Here is the email:

The correct feed rate is 5- 10 ml per liter. We recommend you foliar at a rate of 5ml per liter if your plants are a less than a foot, and if they are over a foot we recommend using 10ml per liter. I personally use *7ml per liter every time I foliar with Magic Green with excellent results. *I would like to know more details of your grow, so I can diagnose the problem a little better.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Humboldt Wholesale

That's crazy that they said that.. But at least they got back 2 me super fast..

Aligee

Aligee

well G there's always other products to use I'm glad I'm only using there drip clean but honestly I can live without it I replaced the roots XL with rhizotonic which is just seaweed !!!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Rite on Ali I stopped using roots XL & I'm getting the same monster root growth with rapid start but my Lil $26 bottle is empty now so I'm using the free sample I got of roots xl.. Rhizotonic is great stuff I used that stuff 4 a few years b4 u turned me on 2 Roots XL.. The guys at HW r nuts telli g me that 10ml per liter is the rite mix at that mix the ppm's r well over 1700... I sent him pics if both labels mine that says 10ml per liter & ODB's lable that says 5ml per gal.. I told them witch is it cuz I'm getting conflicting doses here.. If u ask me there full of SHIT over there!!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Damn that sounds great but that much would last me a life time.. Does it ever go bad? I'm gunna need 2 try & get some of that stuff

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Where do u sell this stuff in Visalia? But this is not a good time 2 try & take a road trip cuz the fog is major thick over here in the valley this time of year..

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Goo maybe you should try contacting a H&G rep.. If you go to their site and click on addetives theres a place to post up questions for the rep.. Or theres an email for them..

GOD id love to try out your Roots Exploder and others if you are willing to ship.. Let me know bro. ~ODB~

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Word. Just let me know when everything ready to go homie. ~ODB~

Top Bottom