Beware Of H&G Magic Green

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phenotyper

phenotyper

I'd like to get a gallon of it as well. Can I pick it up at Avalon?

C

chrisloc

well, I understand the labels on H&G were Wrong but if your a H&G grower. you would know thats wrong, but i do see where your coming from and will be on here for H&G Customers now on. Always go to House-garden.us and read their scheduals if your not familiar with the products...

peace, and magic green is 5ml per gallon with RO water, using tap wate with it kills the beneficals, and h202 or Chloramines/Chlorine kills beneficial bacteria the plants love....

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'm not A H&G grower I've only tried there Drip clean & Roots XL & both worked so good I decided 2 try there Magic Green & my dumb ass trusted the directions on there lable.. Big mistake on my part 2 trust a nute companies lable..
Yea ur rite about 5ml per gal that's a way better mix but I got a email from them that still said my 10ml per liter lable was correct.. That mix is way 2 hot I'm thinking they don't know what the hell there talking about over there..

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

This is not the first time this happened to H&G. The Algen Extract product they sell for the longest time had the wrong dosage both on the product label AND in the feeding charts and hand outs. Then they have the misprint of not being able to use air stones which if you call the company they will tell you it is just fine to use air stones.

We tested H&G Aqua Flakes extensively over a 2 year period. The only 3 products we did not really like or find compatible with the UC system was the Algen Extract, Shooting Powder and the Magic Green product. Algen Extract caused a big mess and bio slime growth that could not be controlled without very drastic measures.

Shooting powder caused the plants to go into a never ending flowering burst which really messed up the plants BAD! They would never fully mature!

And then there is Magic Green which we found to be just to damn harsh even at lower dosages. It also tends to make the plant want to feed from the foliage as opposed to from the roots which can actually change the metabolism of the plant over time.

Other than that H&G is not bad. The Roots products they sell we found to have no bacteria in it at all and only hormones and B1 vitamins basically which you can duplicate easily and for more than half the cost by using Superthrive and a rooting product like KLN from Dynagro or anything containing the active growth hormone.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I rock the drip clean, roots xl, and multizen. The bud xl, shooting powder, algen extract, magic green are all overkill and there are many products just as good for half the cost. I use them b/c my boy threw me some huge jugs when he shut down. I will not use them again due to cost. Ill probably still rock the drip clean though.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

This is not the first time this happened to H&G. The Algen Extract product they sell for the longest time had the wrong dosage both on the product label AND in the feeding charts and hand outs. Then they have the misprint of not being able to use air stones which if you call the company they will tell you it is just fine to use air stones.

We tested H&G Aqua Flakes extensively over a 2 year period. The only 3 products we did not really like or find compatible with the UC system was the Algen Extract, Shooting Powder and the Magic Green product. Algen Extract caused a big mess and bio slime growth that could not be controlled without very drastic measures.

Shooting powder caused the plants to go into a never ending flowering burst which really messed up the plants BAD! They would never fully mature!

And then there is Magic Green which we found to be just to damn harsh even at lower dosages. It also tends to make the plant want to feed from the foliage as opposed to from the roots which can actually change the metabolism of the plant over time.

Other than that H&G is not bad. The Roots products they sell we found to have no bacteria in it at all and only hormones and B1 vitamins basically which you can duplicate easily and for more than half the cost by using Superthrive and a rooting product like KLN from Dynagro or anything containing the active growth hormone.

Damn they got everything all twisted.. They should really get there shit together..

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks 4 the heads up I was gunna try that Algen stuff.. Great info

Its a good product dont get me wrong. If you want to try it out by all means do. There is probably a cheaper alternative out there though. I wonder if G.O.D. makes anything comparable?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Its a good product dont get me wrong. If you want to try it out by all means do. There is probably a cheaper alternative out there though. I wonder if G.O.D. makes anything comparable?

I bet he does

S

StringSinger

I just did a run with H&G, I used magic green at 10ml per gal and never got burn, or any problems, but I didnt use it nearly as much as the feed schedule recommends. Thaat was about the only nutrient that I did run the recommended dosage though, even their normal feed schedule is too hot IMO, forget about their 'aggressive' chart. You will see some nitrogen toxicity if you dont cut down the 'A' later in flower.
They also recently redid their feed chart on their site, again, supposedly it is right this time...
The end product is great I must admit, super clean(drip clean is awesome) herb, but it is real pricey.

S

StringSinger

oh yea substituted algen for florolicious+ just because I didnt get the algen in my sample pack. Also subbed shooting powder with kool bloom because heard too many bad things about it.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

^^so that would break down to 2.5ml per liter that sounds pretty good but them bastards told me 2 use 10ml per liter with that mix it was way 2 hot 4 my plants.. Now I use 1/2ml per liter & my plants r happy

I

IVIars

DM Liquid Light is the same way. Only use at half or 1/4 strength

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ive used magic green at 10ml per L for years and never had a problem. Mostly under
t5s in veg, I even use it on clones that are barley rooting. If i use it under the hps they get hit when the lights go out, or the lights get moved up, and dimed down.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

When I spray mine I take them out of the tent & don't place them back 4 a few hours later after they dry.. I also checked the ppm of the mix that was recommended & it was over 1700 ppm now that's way 2 hot.. This issue happened 2 many farmers it wasn't juss me.. The mix seems 2 work 4 some people but not me

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Never new people were running their MG so high before this thread. Ive always used less than 5ml/gal and have had great results... Usually only a couple drops in my little spray bottle does the trick.. ~ODB~

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I had a similar experience with this stuff the other day. Usually I research everything I feed beforehand, but got it from a friend and had good results on first use a few months ago. Need to check the label. I sprayed all my veggers, but esp heavy on one CVK clone about a foot tall that had just been trimmed to let light in. Compared to anything else in my room so far, CVK is a badass, super hearty, feed however, etc. All the other pants are fine. Well now it looks pickled, dry, and locked out.

I went through a similar routine as Goo, finally got frustrated and flushed it thoroughly. Gonna nurse a little more for academic purposes, but it's off the table for flowering (have others ready anyway).

Definitely agree the H&g calc is too hot, I made that mistake with their coco a/b when I got started. Wasn't too impressed once I got the ppm down either, so moved on. The MG smells kinda interesting so I've kept using it occasionally and it's always seemed really strong at the sugg mix.

[edit] verified, 2 bottles labeled @ 10ml/L

Latest posts

Top Bottom