Beware Of H&G Magic Green

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

onegreenday

I know this thread is old but the bottles of Magic Green are still on the shelves & being sold with the 10ml per liter (no recall from H&G which is pure BS) dilution rate and it comes to 1500 PPM for foliar feeding and can mess with your plants bad. It is utter nonsense to tell people to go check the website. If a company can't get their labels and dilution rate correct, they have major manufacturing problems and buyer beware.
New bottles are now 1 ml per liter. I guess their customers have to tell them the correct dilution rates.

When Roots Organics had a bad batch of worm castings a couple years back, they gave me a full refund & some freebies.

I had a similar experience with this stuff the other day. Usually I research everything I feed beforehand, but got it from a friend and had good results on first use a few months ago. Need to check the label. I sprayed all my veggers, but esp heavy on one CVK clone about a foot tall that had just been trimmed to let light in. Compared to anything else in my room so far, CVK is a badass, super hearty, feed however, etc. All the other pants are fine. Well now it looks pickled, dry, and locked out.

I went through a similar routine as Goo, finally got frustrated and flushed it thoroughly. Gonna nurse a little more for academic purposes, but it's off the table for flowering (have others ready anyway).

Definitely agree the H&g calc is too hot, I made that mistake with their coco a/b when I got started. Wasn't too impressed once I got the ppm down either, so moved on. The MG smells kinda interesting so I've kept using it occasionally and it's always seemed really strong at the sugg mix.

[edit] verified, 2 bottles labeled @ 10ml/L

One Flip

One Flip

Lol. I just "liked" Goo's post cause I thought it was some breaking news!.. After I started scrolling down I was like WTF? 2011.. Well it's still some good info and a reminder to double check your dose before you feed.. Onegreenday thanks for the info.

3Dino

3Dino

I've been using magic green for several years it's always works well for me never had a problem with it 1 to 2 ml per liter or 4 to 8 ml per gallon depending on the maturity of the plant.. if y'all went to school and know how to read the label reads 1 to 2 milliliters per liter.

J.Terrible

J.Terrible

Wow just finding this thread, I loved Magic Green, I used it at 2.5ml to 3ml per gal and my girls loved it. Hopefully the label is fixed by now lol

3Dino

3Dino

I recently bought a bottle of House & Garden's Magic Green.. After reading the directions it called for 10ml. Per liter.. I gave my plants a light foliar feeding with what was recommended & it badly fucked up my plants.. I got a nute lock out & all plants turned yellow.. That issue caused lots of more issues cuz I didn't actually know what was wrong & I tried 2 fix the issue with more "N" then more CalMag & that lead 2 the Claw.. After over a month of this I finely found out threw another farmer (ODB) that my lable was wrong the real dosage should b 5ml. Per gal not 10ml per liter I tested the recommended dosage that was printed on my lable & it was way 2 hot at over 1700 ppm's.. I should of tested the ppm's 1st b4 I'm fead my plants it was my bad 2 trust H&G's directions.. So anybody out there that juss bought a newer bottle of Magic Green watch out cuz the directions r way off & could possibly kill ur crop.. All this info was posted in my grow diary (WiFi #1 Round 2) but I decided 2 post in this forum cuz not everybody reads my grow thread.. Be careful farmers sometimes the labels r not giving the rite info.. Magic Green is a good product if used at .5ml.-1ml. Per liter but at 10ml. Per liter as the new labels say will cause lots of horribly issues..:mad0233:
I think you need to apply some Optometry and basic math into your grow the bottle of magic green reads 1-2 ml per liter. Four liters is one Imperial gallon or 4,000 milliliters and you will use four to eight milliliters of magic green in one Imperial gallon and in a US gallon which is less use 4 to 7ml

3Dino

3Dino

I've been using magic green for several years it's always works well for me never had a problem with it 1 to 2 ml per liter or 4 to 8 ml per gallon depending on the maturity of the plant.. if y'all went to school and know how to read the label reads 1 to 2 milliliters per liter.
I guess some folks cant comprehend and apply at the same time

Top Bottom