BHO BUTANE

• Thread starter fukwitit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danksnax

Danksnax

If you are serious about not wanting butane in your product then you would be wise to winterize all of the BHO you produce. I will never go back to regular BHO that fucks up your lungs with its nasty waxes, terpenes, and undissolved solvent. The alcohol removes the butane very quickly from the product. The product will never sizzle or any of that bullshit (unless you take mondo-fat dabs). And the product should never leave residue on your nail.... you know your getting some healthy hits when you don't have any evidence on the nail after the hit.

The extra step can be a bitch because it increases the time spent with unfinished product by a couple of days. But you can easily mark up this product because it is way better then any BHO that is floating around.
IMG 20131122 110608 296

fukwitit

fukwitit

If you are serious about not wanting butane in your product then you would be wise to winterize all of the BHO you produce. I will never go back to regular BHO that fucks up your lungs with its nasty waxes, terpenes, and undissolved solvent. The alcohol removes the butane very quickly from the product. The product will never sizzle or any of that bullshit (unless you take mondo-fat dabs). And the product should never leave residue on your nail.... you know your getting some healthy hits when you don't have any evidence on the nail after the hit.

The extra step can be a bitch because it increases the time spent with unfinished product by a couple of days. But you can easily mark up this product because it is way better then any BHO that is floating around.View attachment 355222
I am interested.
If u can post ur process step by step
That would B cool

Danksnax

Danksnax

TOOLS & MATERIAL REQUIRED
BHO (flash purged in boiling water using a double boiler method works just fine)
Everclear
coffee filters
pyrex dish(es)
something to hold the coffee filters
mason jars!

STEPS:
1. Take your gnarly BHO and dissolve it in enough everclear to dissolve it (no aprox. measurments used) INSIDE OF A MASON JAR
PROTIP: some folks say to heat up the everclear but I have found this to be a potentially hazardous and completely useless step. If your dissolving BHO just use stainless-steel butter knives to break up the BHO until it's completely dissolved
2. Put lid on mason jar and stick in freezer for at least 12 hours, no more than 48 (although it doesn't matter if you keep it in longer)
3. Setup coffee filters and pyrex dish for filtration. For my setup I use a $9.99 spice ball that holds a coffee filter perfectly and hold it while I run my mixture through onto a pyrex dish.
4. Remove everclear-BHO mixture from freezer (DON'T AGITATE) you will see a layer of white shit at the bottom, that is the waxes and lipids and gnarly crap. Don't let the mixture get warm, the lipids will unthaw and get into your product.
5. Pour mixture through coffee filter onto pyrex dish. ONLY POUR A SMALL AMOUNT AND ONLY POUR OUT SMALL LAYERS. Once done pouring put whatever is left in the mason jar back in the freezer for later evaporation.
6. Stick pyrex dish in a well ventilated slightly heated place and let everclear evaporate off. (This can take up to three days.) You are going to want to wait until there is absolutely no tack to the product and you don't see your fingerprints when you touch it.
7. Scrape product and enjoy! The product is a bit more potent then BHO, and if made correct will not leave residue on your nails, and will be see-thru.
8. Mail me some!

fukwitit

fukwitit

TOOLS & MATERIAL REQUIRED
BHO (flash purged in boiling water using a double boiler method works just fine)
Everclear
coffee filters
pyrex dish(es)
something to hold the coffee filters
mason jars!

STEPS:
1. Take your gnarly BHO and dissolve it in enough everclear to dissolve it (no aprox. measurments used) INSIDE OF A MASON JAR
PROTIP: some folks say to heat up the everclear but I have found this to be a potentially hazardous and completely useless step. If your dissolving BHO just use stainless-steel butter knives to break up the BHO until it's completely dissolved
2. Put lid on mason jar and stick in freezer for at least 12 hours, no more than 48 (although it doesn't matter if you keep it in longer)
3. Setup coffee filters and pyrex dish for filtration. For my setup I use a $9.99 spice ball that holds a coffee filter perfectly and hold it while I run my mixture through onto a pyrex dish.
4. Remove everclear-BHO mixture from freezer (DON'T AGITATE) you will see a layer of white shit at the bottom, that is the waxes and lipids and gnarly crap. Don't let the mixture get warm, the lipids will unthaw and get into your product.
5. Pour mixture through coffee filter onto pyrex dish. ONLY POUR A SMALL AMOUNT AND ONLY POUR OUT SMALL LAYERS. Once done pouring put whatever is left in the mason jar back in the freezer for later evaporation.
6. Stick pyrex dish in a well ventilated slightly heated place and let everclear evaporate off. (This can take up to three days.) You are going to want to wait until there is absolutely no tack to the product and you don't see your fingerprints when you touch it.
7. Scrape product and enjoy! The product is a bit more potent then BHO, and if made correct will not leave residue on your nails, and will be see-thru.
8. Mail me some!
So the process is somthin like makin bubble hash as far as the filtering goes

Danksnax

Danksnax

I don't believe so, but I haven't made much bubble.
With bubble I believe there are screens that separate the purity of the hash. With this all the THC is absorbed into the ethanol and the undesirables remain solid and are separated out through a run through a coffee filter and then the ethanol is dried out. There is no passing the liquid through multiple different sized filters.

Also make sure your evaporating the product on 100% clean Pyrex or you will get a murky product.
Doublealso, the product should be very difficult to scrape if it has fully evaporated.

fukwitit

fukwitit

With bubble I believe there are screens that separate the purity of the hash. With this all the THC is absorbed into the ethanol and the undesirables remain solid and are separated out through a run through a coffee filter and then the ethanol is dried out. There is no passing the liquid through multiple different sized filters.

Also make sure your evaporating the product on 100% clean Pyrex or you will get a murky product.
Doublealso, the product should be very difficult to scrape if it has fully evaporated.
After i waterpurge it for bout an hour it will b hard as well to scrape off the pyrex expecially if it cools even a little bit..
My point being that how do u know this is a sure way u are not smoking any impurities? Gotta b some still left right? Wouldnt the process have to b done several times?

Danksnax

Danksnax

I'm looking to remove the major impurities, IF you did want absolutely nothing in your absolute, not even bacteria, you could do as GreyWolf has suggested over at Skunk Pharm Research LLC. and take syringes that have .2 micron filter attachments and suck up the everclear-bho mixture into those syringes then spray those onto a pyrex dish.

But you aren't looking for absolutely no impurities so stop lieing to your self.

The one time run through a coffee filter gives me some very clear concentrates. When you can see light pass right through your shatter, that's when you know the finished product is far superior to the BHO it was created with, and with far less impurities in it.

fukwitit

fukwitit

Bro lets b real.
I want my bho to b as pure as smokin a doob or takin a bong rip.
Im not really if at all trippn on bacteria n all that 'ish...
As long as it is free of all BUTANE impuritys im straight.
So is ur process needed in order to fit my standards or would it b to much?

Danksnax

Danksnax

I'm sure you can achieve your desired product with a vacuum. A vacuum would be great to use for my process as well. So my best advice would be invest in the vacuum first, and the ethanol second.
I only suggest my method because BHO always gave me respiratory problems and made me vulnerable to illness because of it. After my method I never get that bitch tickle in the throat that causes vets to keel over after a chubby dab.
Maybe a more scientific soul can come in and teach us both about how butane reacts when introduced to ethanol (Does it dissolve it away immediately?).
I've shared what I could. Best of luck on whatever decision you make, and DO NOT forget step eight!

fukwitit

fukwitit

I'm sure you can achieve your desired product with a vacuum. A vacuum would be great to use for my process as well. So my best advice would be invest in the vacuum first, and the ethanol second.
I only suggest my method because BHO always gave me respiratory problems and made me vulnerable to illness because of it. After my method I never get that bitch tickle in the throat that causes vets to keel over after a chubby dab.
Maybe a more scientific soul can come in and teach us both about how butane reacts when introduced to ethanol (Does it dissolve it away immediately?).
I've shared what I could. Best of luck on whatever decision you make, and DO NOT forget step eight!
Thx for the feedback man..
Imma invest in a vacume
Im stumped on how the whole recylcling Butane process goes.
Seems like u gotta b some kind of scientist or sum to make it.

A

AlterEgo860

can u even get enough pressure threw a extraction tube that size?

Top Bottom