bho/ethanol ratios for winterizing

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

what are yall doin? saw one YouTube saying 1/2 lb per 750. . most just say till it dissolves. just wondering because my last batch looked :/ and I think I didn't used enough alcohol cause there was a layer on the bottom of the jar and the product was off.

Graywolf

Graywolf

About 10:1 is what we use, but we just pour it in by eyeball. It needs to be enough alcohol to readily pass the oil through a coffee filter cold.

It should act like alcohol, not like thick oil.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

makes sense. it was for sure not enough I'm re winterizing Right now been 24 hrs tomorrow I will purge.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

how exactly do u dissolve the bho.​
mine is at 100f stirring. still I have oil at the bottom of my glass that hasn't dissolved? I try putting more and it doesn't help much

I guess my problem is I am not sure if its dissolved enough..

.this pic is about 3 cans run over trim from a fresh bubba round.
Tmp IMAG0462 1879681013

as u can see there's some leaf that snuck in probably stuck to my hand or something totally photobombing me lol

next is about a case or so run over bugs of ice. the strain.

Tmp IMAG0463895230485

so u guys winterizing does this look to be fully dissolved or should I add until no oil rests on the bottom. this is the stuff that will be difficult to get out once its cold like u say greywolf it will act like a stiff oil. but it still passes thru the filter fine. my worry is that I'm not removing all of the waxes in the freeze process.

is the only solution to add more alcohol? or am I doing something wrong...

germinator

germinator

Cliffs notes....
I dissolve the 1gm bho in 10 times in mls.190 proof ethenol like gw says.....shake well till I see it dissolved.......48 hours in the freezer.........strain thru coffee filters unto clean Pyrex plate........evaporate ethenol off on plate over double boiler or Bain Marie set up......watching my heat very closely ....100ish.......work with razor unto parchment when tacky....

germinator

germinator

Possibly.....I have seen darker extractions.
Mine is always a golden yellow pre freezer.
Freeze it for 48 and go....

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

k thanks we shall see how it comes out. ill post my results in a few days

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

well time to evaporate. gonna start with the smaller batch. but u see how its piled on the bottom? when I shake the jar this is what it looks like after.
Tmp IMAG0470 438852041

this is the small batch I'm going to purge today and thru the night..
Tmp IMAG0469300327381

germinator

germinator

Damn...coffee filter it again then it then evaporate clean liquid (no sediment)... have never seen sediment like that in a extraction...ever...really dark too.....we need to call greywolf ....howwwwlllllllllllllllll....
Forsure I think we need to tighten up your extraction filtering....that's alot of blow off trash in that new batch too.
I use 25 mil silk screen mesh and get no debris at all. Ill double it if I pack wet starting materials just for hold back strength, and I'm only blowing a zip or so.

jump

jump

how exactly do u dissolve the bho.​
mine is at 100f stirring. still I have oil at the bottom of my glass that hasn't dissolved? I try putting more and it doesn't help much

I guess my problem is I am not sure if its dissolved enough..
--------------
is the only solution to add more alcohol? or am I doing something wrong...

For complete dissolution, I recommend heat up ethanol to 117F by immersing the jar in hot water.

On the first picture is visible milky haze, it was not the 190 proof, or extraneous water got into the solution? It also slows down the dissolution of the resin.

germinator

germinator

Mr. jump to the rescue... Long time no hear..we are lucky to have you and greywolf for clearity.
Hope all is well.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

On the first picture is visible milky haze, it was not the 190 proof, or extraneous water got into the solution? It also slows down the dissolution of the resin.[/quote]

I was concerned aboout the milkyness too.it came out of the extraction tube like that for a bit then back to clear. I didnt grow those buds so idk what it could be from for sure. the stuff I grow never does that, as u can see in my other pic. but neither dissolve well. heating may likely be my problem

Top Bottom