Bho honey oil or sap or syrup

• Thread starter Ianpemb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Well it depends... If i use my extraction tube i usually do a half oz, and i get about 3-4g back. If i have less than my tube can do and just want to do a quicky little gram extract i open air spray thru a cloth into a jar, about 1/2" then drop like 2-3g of grinder kief in for about 15-20min, swish it around once in while...
For filter i use 2x stainless steel 50nm screens.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
That pic of my last iso wash is isopropyl alcohol 99%from shoppers. And some killer jack herer..let it sit however long you want then filter and let sit in front of fan usually have 90%alcohol out in 24hours then let sit in your container with the lid off.

Alcohol will completely evaporate out of the oil with time or use heat to hasten the process but at the risk of losing terps again.

I always purge by sight. Not temps.

The terps being boiled off produce a different bubble, where tane creates all size bubbles that merge into bigger bubbles, the terps are small bubbles that are pretty much the same size and rarely merge with each other.

Ive got about a q of the jack that's been in the iso now for 2 or 3 weeks still in there I'll use it eventually

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Or like I said decarb your flower in the oven. Then it won't harden up as it does something to weaken the cell walls of the extract and prevents it from hardening up.

Also if decarbed you can eat it vape it bake with it. Or just add it to bbq sauce on a steak or add some to salad dressing and make a salad.

I love making soft caramels from scratch using decarbed bho is so much easier and cleaner then frying buds in butter..

Madbud

Madbud

Interesting note here, back in the “stone age” we got a light oil called essence that the Brotherhood of Eternal Love was bringing in from bho plants in asia. There was also a dark oil out of NY that must have been iso. Those were the days😎

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

How much butane does everyone use per ounce of product? Do you just wash once?

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

When is the best time to extract...is it better to do it shortly after harvest or after it has cured? What produces the best yields?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
When is the best time to extract...is it better to do it shortly after harvest or after it has cured? What produces the best yields?

Depends on what you want the end product to contain.

If you freeze fresh cut herb/trim and then immediately extract, you'll get "live resin" which contains FAR more terpenes but also less robust cannabinoids. If you allow it to cure before extraction you'll get slightly less terpenes but more cannabinoids.

Cheers!

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

If you freeze fresh cut herb/trim and then immediately extract, you'll get "live resin" which contains FAR more terpenes but also less robust cannabinoids. If you allow it to cure before extraction you'll get slightly less terpenes but more cannabinoids.

Cheers!
Well I don't have a lot of choice right now. I be havested late last October so everything I have right now is cured. I do have the shake or trim that was dried for a week then frozen since. I have seedlings getting ready for this summers grow and I'm just trying to find out what u should plan for this fall.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I like to concentrate the trim fresh or as fresh as possible but the bud I cure first. Just the way I do it not saying it's he right way tho.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Also I make the concentrate then when I'm ready to cook with it I take out what I need for my recipe and decarb the shatter. Add it to my warm butter while it's still hot with a tea spoon of non GMOs lichen (spelling is wrong). Then I just add the butter to the mix as recipe.

I find I get a more thorough decarb with concentrate then with flower.

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

Cheers!
Im panning on decarbing it to get oil so terpene loss goes with that territory. I have a small system so I am trying to find the sweet spot for yield.

Jeromeasich123

Jeromeasich123

Hi everyone, my name is Ian and I am from Ontario Canada. I recently purchased a passive closed loop extractor in the hopes of making that gooey honey oil that I remember from years ago. I have heard it called sap or syrup. I am looking for a thick viscous oil that I can put in a vial and spread onto a paper and roll a joint. My question is really about purging temps for different products as well as the oil I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers!
Will that work for lube

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
You never heard of the very rare KY strain. Problem it never dries out just rots and smells funny. Hahaha

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I meant that to make fun at Jerome the troll not you ianpemb.

I thought it was funny too lol

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

Ok I purchased a vacuum chamber when I bought the system. I did a small batch yesterday and figured I’d give the chamber a go. When I first started the vacuum pump I had both intake and vacuum valves open then started to close the intake until it started to muffin then played with the intake closing a little at a time while watching the muffin..long story short I played with it until the muffin subsided and seemed to stabilize. I have the chamber sitting on a digital heat pad at 100deg Fahrenheit. I did get it to a full vacuum. My question is do you have to run the pump continuously? Or just when I loose a bit of vacuum? my vacuum is holding but I run the pump every hour or so but the vac is holding.

0A356528 FCAA 4BF7 9BB0 2377D7187DF6
Top Bottom