bho vac oven

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Been eying these for a minute, the 9K price tag is a lil prohibitive tho

Too rich for my blood too bro, but believe that the end product will be what every commercial producer covets. We have both SPR and the Cascade TEK engineers who are working with NASA on instrumentation on it, so I have high expectations.

The Cascade TEK is intended for the commercial market, where such added features demonstrate a return on investment and assets that is attractive to investors.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Gray Wolf I followed you when I was an ICMAG sheep, and I love your Site, and the holy anointing oil, I hope you shared it here as well. I appreciate all the work you do, it changes the way I think about how I put my systems together.

I think collaboration rather than criticism is the key to the ultimate success, what 1971 said about you being wildly wrong was an answer direct from the ego.

I may not like someone but what works works and what I learned from your posts and from the farm is working for us.

Peace

Thank you CC!

I agree that we are just sharing and if anyone has something that works better for them, I hope that they will share it.

Old engineering proverb that if it is stupid, but it works, it isn't stupid, and Buddha noted that the fish trap exists only because of the fish. It is the fish, not the fish trap that is the goal.

It doesn't hurt my feelings for brothers and sisters to take my input and then do exactly the opposite. Sometimes that is how new discoveries are made.

What I don't salute, and encourage us as a group to rise above, is attacks on data bases with only hyperbole. Especially when the focus is personal, as opposed on the disputed data. If it isn't right, why isn't it right, as opposed to why anyone thinking that way is flawed?

C

chase R

So I'm having a few issues...I am trying to make honeycomb and am using good dehydrated material and am using the AI vacuum oven. However after blowing and scraping into parchment I put into the oven. I have tried 110, 120, and 130 degrees for 12-24 hrs and even more. But I feel the longer I purge the darker it seems to get. After scraping into parchment it looks nice and light and then after purging it's dark and almost shatter or sap like material based on the temp. When I whip it completely into buddar with no vacuum it comes out golden however. Is there a way to get nice honeycomb with the oven without having to whip it all the way? Any ideas on temps/purge techniques? Thanks a lot

Wavegem

Wavegem

So I'm having a few issues...I am trying to make honeycomb and am using good dehydrated material and am using the AI vacuum oven. However after blowing and scraping into parchment I put into the oven. I have tried 110, 120, and 130 degrees for 12-24 hrs and even more. But I feel the longer I purge the darker it seems to get. After scraping into parchment it looks nice and light and then after purging it's dark and almost shatter or sap like material based on the temp. When I whip it completely into buddar with no vacuum it comes out golden however. Is there a way to get nice honeycomb with the oven without having to whip it all the way? Any ideas on temps/purge techniques? Thanks a lot

Some material waxes easier than others. Sometimes you have to whip to get wax sometimes not. I purge normal in the oven at 110-120 till most of the bubbles are gone then i release the vac and crack the door turn up the heat 130 done. Like I said tho some are easier than others and some won't wax at all because there just isn't enough in the product.

Before I had my vac oven I was flash heating it in my regular oven, fastest wax I ever made

C

chase R

So you used the vacuum oven, then after u just kept it at 130 with no vacuum till it waxed up? Also is there a way to keep the golden color as it comes out in whipping or does it usually get darker when u go straight from blasting to oven.

Y

Young Bull

If you have the mechanical skills, the cheapest way I've found is to grab a used Napco off E-Bay and replace the heating system and its controls. Pretty much a major rebuild.

GW I have read over your guide on SPR, I know your moving onto bigger better ovens but would you consider a more detailed breakdown on the final recommended modifications and where to source the parts?

Durden why are you just an ass hole? Seems like you go on the internet to pick fights, not build a better oil community. Get with it. If you don't like GW fine, but like he says, Data Data Data. Back your self up.

B

Bakedjon

A friend of mine is having similar trouble. They can not seem to get honeycomb in the AI. Only one strain this purple pineapple kush, which is very similar to GDP, or PU is doing it for him. Do you guys seem to get a sugar wax instead of honeycomb more often. Also leaving stuff in for multiple days doesnt dry it out or wax it anymore. He is frustrated... He also seems to be getting more of a taffy consistency in the shatter. If in a colder room it will shatter, but with heat or when handled for more than a few seconds it starts to stick. Would this still be considered a shatter, or what would you cal lit? Do you think 16 hour pulls with one flip is....?

D

Damienp1

How do you get the robin air 5 cdm pump attached to it? I've been noticing almost all the AI ovens have the 3/8" hose built in, and that pump needs a 1/2" intake port. Did you purchase another piece to connect the two or can the hose be replaced?

Crum Bell

Crum Bell

Can anyone recommend a good pump for the AI 1.9 cubic foot Vacuum oven? Debating between the standard pump that AI sells 2.5 CFM single phase; or a dual phase Robinarre 15800 8CFM pump. going to be doing alot of large runs
My 3cfm won't even pull a full vac on my 1.9. Gets it to about 25 and almost completely stops. I believe you will need a 7 or better to accurately get it to 29hg

Top Bottom