big quesos grows

• Thread starter bigcheese510
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigcheese510

bigcheese510

AWESOME! Air layering should work no problem, especially if you wrap that rockwool up with some plastic and twist tie both sides like a piece of hard candy. I have thought about doing this to some of my WiFi moms but I am also considering just doing a mound layer and keeping the main stock going! Did you wound at the side of the layering? if so, was it a knick in the flesh of the stem, or did you attempt to girdle it? Keep us updated, and thanks for sharing while trying new things!

-Meeks:)

i havent been wrapping the rockwool block but i have been keeping moist but also letting it slightly dry up but never bone dry. i just lighty skinned the stem all the way around with a razor blade coated in clonex. i then put a generous amount of clonex in the block and wrapped it around the skinned stem and keeping it tight with the twist tie. today is day 5, im hoping to be popping roots by next friday or by the weekend. next time i do it i will try to put little knicks in the stem as well a lightly skinning it. whats a mound layering? its a pleasure to share my experiences especially if someone learns or becomes inspired. thanks for dropping in MEEKS, you the man!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Right on bro glad to see yah got some new clones and they are some kick ass ones for sure....that Chemdog #4 is very nice my buddy just ran it and it was some strong ass smoke....really want to try that GSC and see what all the hype is but haven't seen or heard of it around my parts!

keep the pics coming bro!

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Pulling up a seat... Just read through the entire thread and it's a bummer, but you'll be back on top in no time bigcheese... BTW, your last harvest looked dank!
thanks for stoppin in shady.. yeah it sucks but im toughin thru it and keepin my head up. not to blow my own whistle but my last harvest was some pretty damn good smoke. cant wait to get this blunder out of the tent and get some fresh babies in there.

Right on bro glad to see yah got some new clones and they are some kick ass ones for sure....that Chemdog #4 is very nice my buddy just ran it and it was some strong ass smoke....really want to try that GSC and see what all the hype is but haven't seen or heard of it around my parts!

keep the pics coming bro!
thanks mitchy.. had to pull out some heavy hitters for next run. chem definantly packs a nice punch with some great flavor. the GSC is great, she gets super coated in triches and tastes like thin mint cookies with an og undertone. hopefully next round ill show some great examples of it in perfect health.

hi, cant wait to see tha Chemdog #4 in fulll swing. nice 420
thanks 420. i have a few chems that werent affected in the ph pen malfuntion so i haope i can show you some real nice nuggets

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

out of curiosity i pulled the rockwool block back to check for any progress and nothing at all just minor discoloration of the stem so i decided to dunk the razor in some clone gel and give it a rougher scraping. hopefully that will do the trick.

flowamasta

flowamasta

you're a legend cheese :) great attitude, sorry to hear bout all the shit issues with the over feeding :( we all do it at some point, i have destroyed outdoor plants in the past :o
soorry i haven't showed myself here that often, i'm such a stoner, but when i get time, i flick through as many threads as i can ;) you are an awesome grower man, my positive vibes to you

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

you're a legend cheese :) great attitude, sorry to hear bout all the shit issues with the over feeding :( we all do it at some point, i have destroyed outdoor plants in the past :eek:
soorry i haven't showed myself here that often, i'm such a stoner, but when i get time, i flick through as many threads as i can ;) you are an awesome grower man, my positive vibes to you

haha just meirly a man flow but thank you for the kind words. i had stated that i thought i had over fed but after some testing i found my ph pen was out of calibration and i fried the plants by giving them a very acidic feeding. i saw the problem fast and begun to flush but the pen was still out of calibration. did it 2 more times and it kept getting worse then i found out my problem. after that the plants stopped getting fried and are now just chilln. wish i wouldve found it earlier but like you ima fuckin stoner haha. live and learn. thanks for the great vibes and come back anytime youre always welcome round these parts

619ster

619ster

Wow man you went through it! But I'm sure we've all done something similar, if not worse lol. Keep it pushing though right? Love your style though! Gotta catch up from the beginning, but looks like things will be getting exciting. Very nice strains you have access to as well. I'm sure that always helps! Keep up the GREEN work my brotha!!

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Wow man you went through it! But I'm sure we've all done something similar, if not worse lol. Keep it pushing though right? Love your style though! Gotta catch up from the beginning, but looks like things will be getting exciting. Very nice strains you have access to as well. I'm sure that always helps! Keep up the GREEN work my brotha!!

right on 619.. trials and tribulations bro, i tell ya this game aint for the weak haha. thanks bro. in the start of the thread it has my previous grow, it came out fairly nice. thanks for stopping in bro i appreciate the support.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

THOSE DAMN PH PENS!!! how many people aren't calibrating theirs !? i only found out mine was out around 1 month ago, instead of reading 7 neutral it was reading just over 6.00, lucky me it wasn't too bad, all good now, but live and learn as we say
im calibrating before every water now. also have ph dropper test from gh coming to. time to double check everything. atleast next round will be soil which is more forgiving the 7.0 in coco... ouch!

it happens to the best of us at some time boss. No worries, it makes it even better when you grow danker, and bigger yielding colas....bring on the dank
words from a wise man. thanks blaze!

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Hell Yeah!!!... that Chemdog #4 should be awesome..the "Chemmy" goodness is golden.... it will be interesting to see it bloom for sure.

yeah dodge the chem is always a pleasure in the smoke department. the flavor and taste so intoxicating. i really like this girl. glad she is always around. thanks for stopping in bro.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey Cheese, don't get worried by the discolored, or potentially slightly swollen tissue at the wound site. The discolored tissue forming is called a 'callus', and it is the first step to adventitious root formation (new root formation) in cloning or air layering! The roots themselves won't form from that tissue, but they will form from directly behind it, and then have an easy time pushing through the soft undifferentiated callus tissue. It may take longer than normal cuttings, but its a very effective technique once you have it down. good luck and stick with it!

-Meeks

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

so heres a couple quick pics of the pregnant kens kush that i have outside. she was knocked up by a sour og male. their off spring will be named KENNY SOURS OG. these still have a couple weeks for the seeds to ripen. im very excited about this cross.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Hey Cheese, don't get worried by the discolored, or potentially slightly swollen tissue at the wound site. The discolored tissue forming is called a 'callus', and it is the first step to adventitious root formation (new root formation) in cloning or air layering! The roots themselves won't form from that tissue, but they will form from directly behind it, and then have an easy time pushing through the soft undifferentiated callus tissue. It may take longer than normal cuttings, but its a very effective technique once you have it down. good luck and stick with it!

-Meeks
right on meeks. i had skinned the stock extremly light so i was a little worried from the gate that i didnt go deep enough ( thats what she said) . this time im sure i got it right. i definantly appreciate your input and knowledge cuz i know you have forgetten more then i will ever know about plants. thank you brother, you the man!

Top Bottom