Blaze's 2012 Adventure

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Buds are starting to stack up nicely and getting stiiiinky!. First plants will be ready in probably about 3-4 weeks, most are still about 5-6 weeks out, and the real late ones like the diesel are probably not going to be done for another 7 weeks or so. Had a very brief freak rain storm earlier in the week, luckily we had been on top of the horta nova supports and spraying the Stylet Oil and Sonota for fungus so no damage was done. Snapped a few up close shots today of the Guava Kush, Blueberry Pie, Kryptonite x Grape Krush, and Blueberry x Northern Lights #5. Also included two shots of some honey oil I made from with the shake from the dep harvest earlier in the season. Diesel makes some might fine oil, probably one of my better batches. Got some diesel bubble hash curing up right now as well, I'll post pics of that later...

IMAG0692
IMAG0695
IMAG0738
IMAG0743
IMAG0744
IMAG0745
IMAG0748
IMAG0749
IMAG0750
IMAG0751
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

The buds with the intense pink hairs is the Guava Kush, it has a very unique look to it. It's the plant on the right in pic #9.

these are some insane looking buds man... i think i saw thousands of pictures of buds @ that development stage but yours have a real distinct look to them;)great looking product dude... i'm positive id be able to push it (if i had to...:)) for twice it's value just cause of its looks... depending on how it drys up...:D which strains should i be looking for to get that look?

Blaze

Blaze

these are some insane looking buds man... i think i saw thousands of pictures of buds @ that development stage but yours have a real distinct look to them;)great looking product dude... i'm positive id be able to push it (if i had to...:)) for twice it's value just cause of its looks... depending on how it drys up...:D which strains should i be looking for to get that look?

Some of the color gets retained when it dries but unfortunately much of the intensity gets lost. However to me by far the most unique thing about this strain is the intense guava-like smell - I really wish there was some way to do a scratch-n-sniff over the forums lol. Almost nothing else I have encountered has such a pungent, overpowering and unique smell to it; the crazy look is just an added bonus. Not all the phenos are like this one though, about 25% of the F1 generation and 50% of the F2 generation have normal white looking hairs.

To get that sort of look outside just takes time and lots of trial and error IMO. You have to find what strains really thrive in your micro-climate and that takes usually at least a couple of season. So far most of the best ones I have found have been either sourced locally, or came from my own breeding experiments. There have been exceptions to that though - like the Sour Diesel and the Blueberry x Northern Lights. Another thing I've noticed is that often strains that do really well inside won't do so great outdoors. There have been a few times I've tried strains that looked and smoked AMAZING when done inside but looked like shit when you did the same cut outside. I've seen it go the other way too - that Mendo Pineapple is one of my all time favorite strains ever, but indoors, it comes out very sub par. Pretty much anything in my garden has that look though, it's an important factor.

How you process it really makes a big difference as well. Most outdoor growers are super rough on their buds when they harvest it. Tossing it in huge piles on tarps on the ground, lugging it around in giant sacks, running it through a twister trimmer, that sort of stuff... By the time it's all finished being handled like that, you've knocked off damn near half the trichomes. I always try to be very gentle when I harvest and dry, and IMO it definitely makes a big difference in the end.

hey blaze, looking stellar !congrats on the hard work man.

Thx dude! We still aren't done yet though, the hardest part is still to come.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Amazing plants you've got there my friend, that oil looked pretty tasty as well. It still intrigues me that you've got no air conditioning, what do you do when its 100* outside LOL. It always makes my mouth water when I look at your pictures, I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Some of the color gets retained when it dries but unfortunately much of the intensity gets lost. However to me by far the most unique thing about this strain is the intense guava-like smell - I really wish there was some way to do a scratch-n-sniff over the forums lol. Almost nothing else I have encountered has such a pungent, overpowering and unique smell to it; the crazy look is just an added bonus. Not all the phenos are like this one though, about 25% of the F1 generation and 50% of the F2 generation have normal white looking hairs.

To get that sort of look outside just takes time and lots of trial and error IMO. You have to find what strains really thrive in your micro-climate and that takes usually at least a couple of season. So far most of the best ones I have found have been either sourced locally, or came from my own breeding experiments. There have been exceptions to that though - like the Sour Diesel and the Blueberry x Northern Lights. Another thing I've noticed is that often strains that do really well inside won't do so great outdoors. There have been a few times I've tried strains that looked and smoked AMAZING when done inside but looked like shit when you did the same cut outside. I've seen it go the other way too - that Mendo Pineapple is one of my all time favorite strains ever, but indoors, it comes out very sub par. Pretty much anything in my garden has that look though, it's an important factor.

How you process it really makes a big difference as well. Most outdoor growers are super rough on their buds when they harvest it. Tossing it in huge piles on tarps on the ground, lugging it around in giant sacks, running it through a twister trimmer, that sort of stuff... By the time it's all finished being handled like that, you've knocked off damn near half the trichomes. I always try to be very gentle when I harvest and dry, and IMO it definitely makes a big difference in the end.

Thx dude! We still aren't done yet though, the hardest part is still to come.

good answer man. thnx;)

Blaze

Blaze

It still intrigues me that you've got no air conditioning, what do you do when its 100* outside LOL.

mal

SUFFER, LoL. Actually our house was built using a passive solar design so it cools and heats itself (somewhat) automatically. Works well most of the time but the cooling is a lot trickier than the heating. 90% of the time an A/C would not be needed, but once it starts hitting 100+ for a week straight it can start getting up into the mid 80's inside. For additional heating we have in-floor radiant heating and a fireplace that almost never has to get used. Really the biggest problem I've found with it is the fact that the stove in the kitchen throws out so much heat it warms up the whole house and then there is no way to cool it down again. So for next summer a better set-up outdoor kitchen, and an A/C for when we really need it, is in the plans. Also going to be installing some thermal blinds on all the windows and planting some climbing vines around the outside of the house to help cool things off as well.

Blaze

Blaze

Ok, sort of fell off the face of the planet for a while there. Been busy with harvest and other projects, plus I have been without internet for the last month or so. Harvest is wrapping up but I did remember to snap a few pics here and there as the plants came in. More bud shots to follow once they are trimmed and cured.

Overall things went very smoothly this year other than a few employee issues, and the weather we have had during fall was the best in five or six years. We had very little rain and mold and mildew were minimal, a nice change from last years insanely wet fungus ridden fall.

Pictures:

1) Guava Kush.

2) Kryptonite x Grape Krush.

3) Blueberry Pie.

4) Purple Zebra.

5) Moonlight.

6) More Blueberry Pie.

7) Guava Kush and Mendo Pineapple ready to be harvested.

8) One of the Lemon Jack beds, one week before harvest.

9) Mendo Pineapple again.

10) My partner holding up one of the Kryptonite x Grape Krush buds as we were harvesting it.

IMAG0834
IMAG0837
IMAG0838
IMAG0840
IMAG0852
IMAG0856
IMAG0890
IMAG0901
IMAG0903
IMAG0904
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Awesome Colors, Huge Colas!
Excellent work Blaze!...:)

I think this year, was an outstanding year, for outdoor
Great weather
I cant wait for next spring already ;)

Peace

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Well deserved Dank Blaze, congrats on your harvest, Agreed, Late summer weather was better than I can remember, Peace Shiva

Mogrow

Mogrow

mendo pineapple// hell yeah... bet that was tasty.. i grew couple mendo/mango , very tasty.
thanks for the updates.
peace mogrow

Blaze

Blaze

Hey thanks for stopping by guys. The weather this year was great for outdoor in Cali, almost everyone I know had a bumper crop. All the vineyards are reporting record harvests as well. I just hope we get some rain again here and don't have a repeat of last years dry hot winter!

Mo - where did you get your Mango from? I came across an amazing cut of it the very first year I grew - some of the best tasting bud EVER. Sadly I have never been able to find it since. I did get two cuts of what was supposed to be the same thign this year but they were so badly mite infested, and showing signs of pre-flowering, so they ended up in the compost pile. I have seen quite a few other 'mango' strains like the ones from KC, but none of them were like that first one. It tasted almost exactly like fresh mango, amazing stuff!

Mogrow

Mogrow

Hey thanks for stopping by guys. The weather this year was great for outdoor in Cali, almost everyone I know had a bumper crop. All the vineyards are reporting record harvests as well. I just hope we get some rain again here and don't have a repeat of last years dry hot winter!

Mo - where did you get your Mango from? I came across an amazing cut of it the very first year I grew - some of the best tasting bud EVER. Sadly I have never been able to find it since. I did get two cuts of what was supposed to be the same thign this year but they were so badly mite infested, and showing signs of pre-flowering, so they ended up in the compost pile. I have seen quite a few other 'mango' strains like the ones from KC, but none of them were like that first one. It tasted almost exactly like fresh mango, amazing stuff!
Blaze, got them from delae, he put them in an auction here on the farm to help Logic out after he got jacked. they performed very well in a very hostile enviroment which was the ozarks this year. i had given them up for dead cause of lack of water but they pulled through just fine.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ok, sort of fell off the face of the planet for a while there. Been busy with harvest and other projects, plus I have been without internet for the last month or so. Harvest is wrapping up but I did remember to snap a few pics here and there as the plants came in. More bud shots to follow once they are trimmed and cured.

Overall things went very smoothly this year other than a few employee issues, and the weather we have had during fall was the best in five or six years. We had very little rain and mold and mildew were minimal, a nice change from last years insanely wet fungus ridden fall.

Pictures:

1) Guava Kush.

2) Kryptonite x Grape Krush.

3) Blueberry Pie.

4) Purple Zebra.

5) Moonlight.

6) More Blueberry Pie.

7) Guava Kush and Mendo Pineapple ready to be harvested.

8) One of the Lemon Jack beds, one week before harvest.

9) Mendo Pineapple again.

10) My partner holding up one of the Kryptonite x Grape Krush buds as we were harvesting it.

those plants are tiny. I guess the color makes up for it. ;)

Top Bottom