Blaze's 2013 Endeavor

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budhound420

yea ive been hearin neem is the shit but it almpst seems like they get attracted to it

Blaze

Blaze

If it doesn't seem to be working switch to something else. Generally the more used a product is, the less effective it will be as the pests will be more likely to have built a resistance to it. The fact that you are not finding anything on the plants makes me think it is probably slugs or snails or another similar pest. They hide during the day so you never find them when you look, you just find lost of munched on leaves. I have never had an issue with them on my cannabis plants but they have caused considerable damage to my veggie garden in past years.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Wow Blaze, love the professionalism! How big are you hoping/assuming for your full seasons? Is that blueberry pie a clone from "medicinal organics"?

Blaze

Blaze

Origin of the Blueberry Pie is me, I was the one who created it about 4years ago. It was an exceptional Original DJ Short Blueberry female crossed with a Kryptonite (Purps x Killer Queen) male. Only a few other people have the cut. It has similar smell, flavor, and coloration that the Original Blueberry had, but with much better potency, yield, and it finishes about 3 weeks earlier outside. If there is one floating around in the clubs it must be a different strain that someone gave the same name.

Hoping to get a pretty big yield of the full terms. Last year I averaged 10 #'s per bed in the 6 x 6's. Largest one weighed in at 15 #'s, which was the Lemon Jack. Last year was about the closest we have ever had to a perfect summer and fall weather wise though, so that helped a lot. Year before I hit a 7 # average at the same spot. At this point I the plants are larger and further ahead than ever before so I hope to get at least as much as last season per bed. To early the say for sure though, a lot can happen between now and October.

Blaze

Blaze

Here's a few shots of last year, this is what I am trying to top:

IMAG0738
IMAG0750
IMAG0738
IMAG0840
IMAG0856
IMAG0901
IMAG0903
IMAG0904

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:eek: Wow Blaze! I love your style! So inspiring!

I still have plants in 5gal buckets:bag: :( Those pics convinced me I'm blowing it!
I have to get more soil today!! :woot:

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

WOW!!!!!! I mean holy shit wow!!!! You are killing it bro, some of the biggest I have ever seen......and I have seen quite a few in my time. Like ken said, very inspiring!!!!

ncga

ncga

Oxidate is also just very concentrated H2O2, or as it is more commonly called hydrogen peroxide. I generally use it as a spot spray, rather than spraying an entire plant with it. When I do find bud rot, I spray the spot with Oxidate to kill the spores, remove the infected area with a pair of sterile fiskars, and then spray the newly cut area again with Oxidate.

Oxidate is H2O3

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oxidate is H2O3
I think they may have differing formulations. Do you recall a couple or three years ago when we looked it up while chatting one morning? What I came up with was H202 and PAA (paracetic acid, which is another peroxide). Back then it was for folks with operator ID only, now they have an OTC/ready-to-use spray. I haven't had to use any since then, too.

Blaze

Blaze

hard to top these fat beasts you were running last year bro... but you got an earlier start this grow right?

Yes but an early start does not mean bigger plants at the end of the season. In the past I have seen very little correlation between starting size and yield - those plants last year were only about 12" tall when they were planted. If I had to guess I doubt we will yield as much this year for several reasons. The weather so far this year has been crap, last year was near perfect. It has been very cold, and very windy. It's noon right now and only 60 degrees outside - normally it should be around 90-100. One of my beds has also been fully invaded my a neighboring Oak tree, so that one is probably a complete loss. Oaks are allelopathic - meaning the produce chemicals that inhibit the growth of other plants. The two Lemon Jacks in the problem bed have not grown so much as an inch, and are yellowed and unhealthy looking now.

Also my Moonlights look like they are wanting to flower. Some of the other clones are looking suspicious as well which makes me worried. Even if they snap out of wanting to flower it will hurt growth considerably. I suspect the extremely cold weather may have something to do with the problem. Luckily I always do about half seeds in my garden for this exact reason - they are more reliable and tolerant of bad weather and stress. I have a bunch of Sour Diesels lined up as back-ups in case I have to replant. Hopefully it won't come to that though. Luckily the light dep is looking great and two weeks into flower now.

Took a few pic this last week to share:

IMAG0313
IMAG0324
IMAG0325
IMAG0326
IMAG0328
IMAG0330
IMAG0331
IMAG0332
IMAG0333
IMAG0334

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Looking Good Blaze! :)

I have a few plants (in pots) that are looking like they want to flower too.:confused:
Strange..It's hasn't been cold here.. but maybe mine are stressed from being rootbound o_O
I just transplanted the biggest one..hope it helps..

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

I've had some early flowerers this year so far as well and it hasn't been all that cold this season in SoCal, just sort of mild weather for usual. Oh well though, it happens with clones all the time... You've got a pretty awesome setup going though regardless thats for sure! I need to build me some big old raised beds!

Mogrow

Mogrow

the place looks good Blaze. beds all nice and tidy, damnnnnnn. plants filling in nicely.. sweet..
eating anything good lately?
my peaches are coming along well, blackberries look good too. ate alot of lettuce and spinach we grew, tomatoes got the blight but giant pumpkins are rocking...
peace mogrow

Blaze

Blaze

the place looks good Blaze. beds all nice and tidy, damnnnnnn. plants filling in nicely.. sweet..
eating anything good lately?
my peaches are coming along well, blackberries look good too. ate alot of lettuce and spinach we grew, tomatoes got the blight but giant pumpkins are rocking...
peace mogrow

I just hope they keep filling in. If the clones start to flower, that will cause a lot of problems, they won't get much bigger than they are now. Sounds like you've got a great garden going this year. My veggie garden was pretty pathetic this year, just didn't have time for it. I planted 4 apple trees in the spring, but that has been it. Really hoping by next year all the repairs and needed improvements will be done on the property and I can finally put time in on a good garden and maybe even some landscaping. I really miss eating home grown food, it is so rewarding. Looks like we will just be eating figs and maybe a few pomegranates and persimmons this year.

Done a little cooking lately but I tend not to get too fancy when I'm busy with work. Made a North African inspired dinner the other night - roasted red potatoes in BarronA''s Moroccan spice blend (sooo freakin' good!), Harissa baked Tri Tip, and corn with cinnamon-paprika butter. Been getting some good beets lately so I've been making a lot of grilled goat cheese and beet sandwiches on 9 grain bread for lunch too.

IMAG0300

IMAG0305

Top Bottom