Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Must have some Anasazi in you.😉 I am of the opinion that you start with silence. Than any noise that is added is pollution. Some good and some bad. But it is possible to get too much of a good thing like the constant drone of rapids. I would try to live where it is quiet and visit the noisier places. If it is quiet you can hear the birds chirping, the animals of the forest moving around doing their thing, and the meth heads can’t sneak up on you as easy, slit your throat, and take what is yours! Lol! As usual just my one cent. Whatever you decide you better get moving or you’re gonna have to bail and start again next spring.

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Must have some Anasazi in you.😉 I am of the opinion that you start with silence. Than any noise that is added is pollution. Some good and some bad. But it is possible to get too much of a good thing like the constant drone of rapids. I would try to live where it is quiet and visit the noisier places. If it is quiet you can hear the birds chirping, the animals of the forest moving around doing their thing, and the meth heads can’t sneak up on you as easy, slit your throat, and take what is yours! Lol! As usual just my one cent. Whatever you decide you better get moving or you’re gonna have to bail and start again next spring.
Nah I think I'm going to try and stay with it. The upper offers some seclusion and insulation.

It's an island into itself....

Need to figure out some rigging and make it happen. Stilts are a great 👍 idea cause of the wet and wetter rain melt.

It's quite up there. I couldn't hear it up there well but on the mic 🎤 it's louder

I bet you can certainly hear it during certain time of year but I suffer from headaches and constant ringing in my ears. So it's helpful for me to be around it. Some white noises in my head

I listen to music near constantly or sing for the same reason. They even did an MRI to rule out brain cancer ♋ but I was cleared. Eye and balance problems also but vastly improving the balance and neuropathy in my hands and feet

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Nah I think I'm going to try and stay with it. The upper offers some seclusion and insulation.

Need to figure out some rigging and make it happen. Stilts are a great 👍 idea cause of the wet and wetter rain melt.

It's quite up there. I couldn't hear it up there well but on the mic 🎤 it's louder

I bet you can certainly hear it during certain time of year but I suffer from headaches and constant ringing in my ears. So it's helpful for me to be around it. Some white noise
I hear you brother! I have tinnitus also. have always lamented the fact that I will never be able to experience true silence or quiet.A constant reminder of being too dumb to protect my hearing when I was younger!

sambapati

sambapati

I bet you can certainly hear it during certain time of year but I suffer from headaches and constant ringing in my ears. So it's helpful for me to be around it. Some white noises in my head

I listen to music near constantly or sing for the same reason. They even did an MRI to rule out brain cancer ♋ but I was cleared. Eye and balance problems also but vastly improving the balance and neuropathy in my hands and feet
Stilts will keep you safer, just need to get the old traveling joiner and planer a few nails and these concrete tubes. I don't think cutting trees and using stumps would work unless you chemically treat the stumps. I tend to both whistle and hum when I'm outside and here everyone says, "you're in a good mood." Makes the day go by easier IMHO. Cedar siding is so easy to work with, light and bugs stay away.... A skylight a few windows and paradise.

1825.jpg

8429_moisture_resistant.jpg

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Stilts will keep you safer, just need to get the old traveling joiner and planer a few nails and these concrete tubes. I don't think cutting trees and using stumps would work unless you chemically treat the stumps. I tend to both whistle and hum when I'm outside and here everyone says, "you're in a good mood." Makes the day go by easier IMHO. Cedar siding is so easy to work with, light and bugs stay away.... A skylight a few windows and paradise.

1825.jpg

8429_moisture_resistant.jpg
Yeah I think cedar placed in concrete five gallon bucket 🪣

Would like to see the tubes you speak of but probably can improvise it

Need to get a froe and a few other tools for splitting cedar on the ground. Build with it

sambapati

sambapati

Yeah I think cedar placed in concrete five gallon bucket 🪣

Would like to see the tubes you speak of but probably can improvise it

Need to get a froe and a few other tools for splitting cedar on the ground. Build with it
The buried depth of the tube gives you all the strength of concrete making it stable in any situation that would be optimal. However it would be way easier to bury the 5 gallon bucket -- the tube needs an auger bit and drill. Not sure about the site selection at the top of the hill, with the concern being how do you get potable H20, construction material and vehicles up there. I guess the other question to ask would be can you use scaffolding or existing trees as you build up....

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Yeah no vehicle possible but eventually maybe four wheeler. There's a possibility of putting in a wenching system for lifting in loads of stuff. Anchor to Big tree 🌲🌲 and across the way... It's not up or down but across the abyss.... 😆

An idea of the elevation of my property going to the top of the bottom ridge line....

You can see Three distinct 🎄🎄🎄🎄 lines.... The right side is much more steep area

PXL 20220909 014344952
PXL 20220909 014357699
sambapati

sambapati

Yeah no vehicle possible but eventually maybe four wheeler. There's a possibility of putting in a wenching system for lifting in loads of stuff. Anchor to Big tree 🌲🌲 and across the way... It's not up or down but across the abyss.... 😆

An idea of the elevation of my property going to the top of the bottom ridge line....

You can see Three distinct 🎄🎄🎄🎄 lines.... The right side is much more steep area
Your build site must be close to the river with truck access so if you must go get something in town you can. If you had a working funicular to take you up and down that site would work.....

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Your build site must be close to the river with truck access so if you must go get something in town you can. If you had a working funicular to take you up and down that site would work.....
Rich Canuck is got lawyers and a deep pocket widow.... Inheritance. So it's getting interesting. He's in the same boat but I told him Satan is still telling him what he thinks he wants to hear. So beware....

Many of those trees is 150 or more feet so do the math

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Certainly I think it's a sensitive area and needs some protection from the general public but land owner's should have access period. End of discussion

The Canadian said it looks like communism 😆. I say it's organized crime so the same thing basically

They want to steal the land

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Rich Canuck is got lawyers and a deep pocket widow.... Inheritance. So it's getting interesting. He's in the same boat but I told him Satan is still telling him what he thinks he wants to hear. So beware....

Many of those trees is 150 or more feet so do the math
Yes, would make sense to work with the other landowners on a solution for sure.
Difficult build site: Takes more time and more $$$$
Easy build site: @Oldchucky and I will come and help
We have a saying: this bud's 4 U

sambapati

sambapati

Looking Frosty 🥶
Check it out@cannabis festival Thailand. Honor and honor you R saying Out in the Mall? With scooters 2? Amazingly quit startups here with sour diesel and wedding cake. Peeps rocking up & paying cash$ One interesting farmer came down from Laos for the exhibition. He talked foliar feed milk solution on the outdoor grow. Another guy has 10 stores in Pattaya and suppliers of big water systems. Skincare products and brownies which were good. Can't ever underestimate the desire for the 'new' thing.

20220910 150642
20220910 152112
20220910 152257
20220910 152853
20220910 152857
20220910 163705
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Check it out@cannabis festival Thailand. Honor and honor you R saying Out in the Mall? With scooters 2? Amazingly quit startups here with sour diesel and wedding cake. Peeps rocking up & paying cash$ One interesting farmer came down from Laos for the exhibition. He talked foliar feed milk solution on the outdoor grow. Another guy has 10 stores in Pattaya and suppliers of big water systems. Skincare products and brownies which were good. Can't ever underestimate the desire for the 'new' thing.
How in the heck did you go from serious jail time for possesion of pot to wide open like that so fast? Our so called legalization is government owned and controlled, even seeds are grey area illegal unless you buy it from the Gov. All pot grown to be legal must come from Gov seeds. We can grow 4 plants at home if we buy our seeds from the Gov only.

sambapati

sambapati

How in the heck did you go from serious jail time for possesion of pot to wide open like that so fast? Our so called legalization is government owned and controlled, even seeds are grey area illegal unless you buy it from the Gov. All pot grown to be legal must come from Gov seeds. We can grow 4 plants at home if we buy our seeds from the Gov only.
1 rich pol with a giant farm kept driving the idea; he is the country's Health minister. Turns around and changes everything virtually overnight. This was like Disneyworld on acid Pipe Carver =) in a good way.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That’s great to see. Evidently a very opportunistic bunch over there! Finally got the green flag And the floodgates have opened! Looks like a lot of fun.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
1 rich pol with a giant farm kept driving the idea; he is the country's Health minister. Turns around and changes everything virtually overnight. This was like Disneyworld on acid Pipe Carver =) in a good way.
They didn't even consider legal weed until they put their cronies in charge of it all. The chief of Toronto police department was in Charge of the whole proccess & they put so many regulations in place you need a million bucks just to get your foot in the door. Health Canada regulations and every other Naysayer group had their input into how, where, why it can be smoked,produced,eaten, legal allowed %, a fking nightmare of regulations. Zero Mom and pop shops allowed & only Gov stores can sell weed.at least where I live in Canada...Not quite the home of the free...lol

Top Bottom