Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Three years ago it was nothing but an orange ball in the sky from the beginning of August till halfway through September. I had a terrible year growing. I don’t think it does the flowering part any good. Course I like to think it wasn’t my own ineptitude! Lol! Not much they can do about those fires, except try and contain them and pray for rain! Hang in there! You know how those Canadians are! Fuck it! The wind is blowing it south! Let it burn!😂

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Three years ago it was nothing but an orange ball in the sky from the beginning of August till halfway through September. I had a terrible year growing. I don’t think it does the flowering part any good. Course I like to think it wasn’t my own ineptitude! Lol! Not much they can do about those fires, except try and contain them and pray for rain! Hang in there! You know how those Canadians are! Fuck it! The wind is blowing it south! Let it burn!😂
Yep 100% haha the upside of indoors, filtered air, un-impeded light, only downside, the cost of un-Inpeded light and filtered air 😂

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ironically, this far up north in NY hasn't been so bad from the fires......yet, but NYC has had some awful days. It might be because up here we're on the Northeast rim of the Adirondacks which might block some of it, depending on how the air goes.....

Speaking of Canada.....and I love Canada, love Canadians, they're great.....depending on how some things go we might even join them, but what the heck with the Amtrak train?? The Adirondacks line has just finally started running again after like 3 years.....from Penn station NY, through Albany, Plattsburgh, ending in Montreal. Well, no sooner do we finally start taking it (the drive wears thin) and suddenly they start cancelling trains......and cancelling.....now it looks like they're all cancelled....

It's hard to get an exact reason why. Apparently, Canada has imposed a 10mph speed limit for trains in hot weather. Really? It's a train. And how hot is hot? It seems as if it's 86 degrees. Really? 86 is too hot for a train? In 2023?? Something about the tracks bending and it could br dangerous.......??

Ok.......so what do other trains do when it's hot? All over the southern US......is everyone in danger all summer??

And.......it had barely BEEN 86 degrees over the last month, certainly not in Canada, and what does that have to do wity the 95% of the trip that's in the US, from NYC up to Plattsburgh?? What planet am I on here? I have never heard of such a thing. Maybe if it got above 95 or 100......but 86? Or just because it might touch 86 as a high for the day?? What is this all about?

Nuts

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
being an avid hockey fan, I feel a certain kinship with our brothers and sisters north of the border! They are good people! But it ain’t right to pass up the opportunity to take a shot at them once a while! They don’t hesitate to take a crack at, us, fucking arrogant Yanks! But if I needed someone at my back, a Canadian or an Aussie would do just fine! And they will win another cup someday!😂

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
109° in a few hours. Feels good, doesn’t it girls? Bath day tomorrow morning.
6DF0BAF8 1778 47DD A938 E478976C396A

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Start with two. See what they look like Mañana. Might even be standing up by this evening. Will gradually work them down. In a week or two will have them spread out with some welded wire around the pots. If all goes according to plan! Ha, ha ha! What are the chances of that happening!
DC66B2B1 C298 4D45 A8EC 095EAC509E7B

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Don’t anticipate any problems with he she’s. But you never know. I promised to grow the blueberries. But I didn’t promise to keep them inside the playpen! They aren’t even sexed. but on the bright side, I don’t think they have that male physique. Still might amount to something. It’s a long season around here and just getting started.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Don’t anticipate any problems with he she’s. But you never know. I promised to grow the blueberries. But I didn’t promise to keep them inside the playpen! They aren’t even sexed. but on the bright side, I don’t think they have that male physique. Still might amount to something. It’s a long season around here and just getting started.
Best of luck on your blueberries good sir! 😎👊🏻

Top Bottom