Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ll bet you try to roll one of those big hooters up with the paper that came with the album! With a bunch of funky Colombian crap! Bunch of people going, what’s an album? Saw them live at a concert at Berkeley community theater way back in the day! Down on their hands and knees, sniffing each other’s asses doing the dog routine! L O L! The good old days! My nephew just sent me a pic of his Halloween costume! For tonight!
6A2ACB9D 6236 478A 8901 AC199099223F

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I’ll bet you try to roll one of those big hooters up with the paper that came with the album! With a bunch of funky Colombian crap! Bunch of people going, what’s an album? Saw them live at a concert at Berkeley community theater way back in the day! Down on their hands and knees, sniffing each other’s asses doing the dog routine! L O L! The good old days! My nephew just sent me a pic of his Halloween costume! For tonight!View attachment 2062194
Tell him he needs a can of Ajax from the store, and a pin roach 😂 he makes a fine Chong. A fine Chong indeed👊🏻

Lockebox

Lockebox

Hahaha those blueberries sound they’re atleast brining something in return! Allegedly!

I know what you mean “pics that lose a lot in the up load”. Fire buds come out looking like mids for me on the farm haha

cpurola

cpurola

Still chugging along minus a few partials!‘s letting a couple of them get almost black! But the trikes look good! Nice, hard bud!View attachment 2066196 View attachment 2066197View attachment 2066198View attachment 2066199View attachment 2066200View attachment 2066201View attachment 2066202
They loook Fabulous! Have you been taking their fan leaves right along? They don't have a ton of them.
And the partials, what did they look like? Were they done, or did you HAVE to take them?
And did you ever have to fight off bugs or disease?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
They are well within the window, but I want to keep pushing them and see what happens. Mostly harvested because of the full moon! Wanted to take advantage of that juju! But there’s still a lot left. Mostly cloudy! A little Amber! Kind of have to spread things out, since I am the only one trimming! And I like pushing them as long as possible, and drought, stressing them! The pictures really don’t show how frosty they are! Very happy with that! Only a few pests! A few caterpillars, but no significant damage. And one plant had a pretty good case of thrips. I tried to handle that with Water! I go to great links to avoid spraying anything on them! And water works pretty good. The bent plants just seem to be a lot sturdier and the buds on them are fat and hard! That’s the advantage of growing 12 plants you can play with them and take advantage of this weather, and push them to the limit, or may be over! I don’t know! Trim jail for the next three or four weeks! And yes, I started taking the shade leaves off a month ago! When I think they don’t have any use for them anymore and that they just start to cause problems.

cpurola

cpurola

They are well within the window, but I want to keep pushing them and see what happens. Mostly harvested because of the full moon! Wanted to take advantage of that juju! But there’s still a lot left. Mostly cloudy! A little Amber! Kind of have to spread things out, since I am the only one trimming! And I like pushing them as long as possible, and drought, stressing them! The pictures really don’t show how frosty they are! Very happy with that! Only a few pests! A few caterpillars, but no significant damage. And one plant had a pretty good case of thrips. I tried to handle that with Water! I go to great links to avoid spraying anything on them! And water works pretty good. The bent plants just seem to be a lot sturdier and the buds on them are fat and hard! That’s the advantage of growing 12 plants you can play with them and take advantage of this weather, and push them to the limit, or may be over! I don’t know! Trim jail for the next three or four weeks! And yes, I started taking the shade leaves off a month ago! When I think they don’t have any use for them anymore and that they just start to cause problems.
Yep, bent plants are a great idea. Have to admit tho' it would play havoc with my OCD. LOL
But I'm going to try that next year... and alot of other things too.
Just seems my first year was the best, second a few problems and all down hill since. Got to shake things up next year.

As far as trimming, I had a few offers of help, but they wouldn't do the same as me and I'm pretty persnickety.
I know what trim jail looks like too and you've just sentenced yourself to hard labor. LOL

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I hear you, sister! Bent plants are almost maintenance free with lots of big colas for easier trimming! The only YouTube video I’ve ever watched on growing was called, weed schooling! Old and dated, but I think you can still check them out. Some guy in southern Oregon! Name is Scott. Figure the rest out on the fly! he has a couple of videos on bending, and supporting if you have to. Keeps it simple! The basics! I need things very simple! L O L!

cpurola

cpurola

I hear you, sister! Bent plants are almost maintenance free with lots of big colas for easier trimming! The only YouTube video I’ve ever watched on growing was called, weed schooling! Old and dated, but I think you can still check them out. Some guy in southern Oregon! Name is Scott. Figure the rest out on the fly! he has a couple of videos on bending, and supporting if you have to. Keeps it simple! The basics! I need things very simple! L O L!
I found the youtube video you're talking about:
Question: Do you top your plants as well?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, that’s the series. No I don’t top mine. I want a little fewer but larger colas. but there is no reason you couldn’t. That’s where you have to tweak it for your environment. It’s hot and dry, with bud rot and mold is seldom a problem here. But that might be a good idea where you are. as with all things are growing, there is no one-size-fits-all formula! that’s where your good old fashion horse sense comes in. every climate is different. as you can see the potential for a huge plant is still there. Especially if you grow in the ground. I grow in small pots so my plants don’t get very big. that bamboo you see on my bent ones isn’t supporting anything. It’s there to spread the plant out a little bit. you are in veg heaven, and flower Hell! I am in veg, hell and flower heaven. LOL. I just employ a lot of his tactics, including the harvesting and drying, and have been very pleased with the results! You just have to tweak it for your environment. And your physical abilities! I ain’t no spring chicken anymore!

Last edited:
3cats

3cats

Yeah, that’s the series. No I don’t top mine. I want a little fewer but larger colas. but there is no reason you couldn’t. That’s where you have to tweak it for your environment. It’s hot and dry, with bud rot and mold is seldom a problem here. But that might be a good idea where you are. as with all things are growing, there is no one-size-fits-all formula! that’s where your good old fashion horse sense comes in. every climate is different. as you can see the potential for a huge plant is still there. Especially if you grow in the ground. I grow in small pots so my plants don’t get very big. that bamboo you see on my bent ones isn’t supporting anything. It’s there to spread the plant out a little bit. you are in veg heaven, and flower Hell! I am in veg, hell and flower heaven. LOL. I just employ a lot of his tactics, including the harvesting and drying, and have been very pleased with the results! You just have to tweak it for your environment. And your physical abilities! I ain’t no spring chicken anymore!
You guys with all your sunshine really piss me off, how can we compete? I get 10 days of sun through the summer with rain,fog, and cold weather the rest of the year. I see all your nice big plants and I think fk you and all your sun shine...lol showing off your big beautiful girls, how dare you flaunt your success?. gees man we got snow on our roof already. This is why we have wars, envy is a powerful motivator. Look out we might send our Geese to attack the northern border any day now with Moose following if we can round them up.

Ok I'm better now I just had to vent.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
LOL! I don’t blame you! Vent on! This is my first trip into November! What’s that real estate term? Location, location, location!😁

cpurola

cpurola

Thanks much for the info.
I'm going to space out the plants in the back 1/2 acre so I can spread out the branches and hopefully avoid some problems. I like misterhelix scrog but it seems like too much work, so bending and opening up the center seems do-able for me.
Will add that to my management duties next year. Along with spraying for leaf wilt, stink bugs, oh and stringing wire for electric fencing.
Have to discourage the ground hogs and deer. Man, this is looking like a full time job!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Anytime. You already know how to grow the plants! Now you’re venturing into the realm of making them grow the way you want them to. That’s using your noggin! L O L!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Took the greeny yesterday! Plant look like crap with the bud looked pretty good! Will take the other two today and tomorrow. I have high hopes for this bud. Looking for some coma weed! Still have a couple of big foot glue going, but I am not impressed with them! It’s kind of obvious that they were not impressed with me either! We’ll shoot a couple of pics of them later.
AE8A26AD 36D3 4E77 A25E EBFA309478FC
444D57C8 7A65 430A A8ED 7D86B771D4D2
F1E2B237 A513 445A 9759 553168671A1F

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Took the greeny yesterday! Plant look like crap with the bud looked pretty good! Will take the other two today and tomorrow. I have high hopes for this bud. Looking for some coma weed! Still have a couple of big foot glue going, but I am not impressed with them! It’s kind of obvious that they were not impressed with me either! We’ll shoot a couple of pics of them later.View attachment 2068845View attachment 2068847View attachment 2068849
Reminds me of sweet foot from a long time ago. Everything about it is similar. 👊🏻

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Not familiar with that. I just wanted to take them as long as possible within tricombs limitation. Mother nature smiled on me! For once! L O L. I’ve just found it’s always better to take them too long than to chop too early. Got a try different things. It just seems that you could keep pushing and pushing and the tricombs would stay clear. Just now clouding up! The pistols were gone a month or month and a half ago. The heat plays a part in burning them up I think. It’s all about wait for it, wait for it!

cpurola

cpurola

Not familiar with that. I just wanted to take them as long as possible within tricombs limitation. Mother nature smiled on me! For once! L O L. I’ve just found it’s always better to take them too long than to chop too early. Got a try different things. It just seems that you could keep pushing and pushing and the tricombs would stay clear. Just now clouding up! The pistols were gone a month or month and a half ago. The heat plays a part in burning them up I think. It’s all about wait for it, wait for it!
So, are you still trimming?

Top Bottom