Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I am with you! Miss a lot of that old bunch! Look forward to when you become a pop! I keep in touch with sambapati via email! I’ll have him pass your message along! I have to go down to the store, but I will post an update a little later that you can check out! Take it easy, brother! Oops, I should say grandpa! L O L!
I don’t think I’m gunna get used to grandpa I’m only 41 ffs 😂 tell our little Thai mate I said Gday aswell OC yea be nice to get hold of Frank again hope the mountain man doin alright👍

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That doesn’t surprise me, LB! Got a pretty off-the-wall sense of humor! And he bust his ass for three months to grow about an ounce of weed! Lol! It’s not in his DNA time tested way! He lives, and grows to a beat of a different drummer! How else would you wind up living in Thailand? He’s a good dude and fun to shuck and jive with! And I’ll tell him!😄 just to add, he is taking care of his 91-year-old one legged mom with dementia over there! Lol! That takes a special kind of person! And wife and family to help him!

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

That doesn’t surprise me, LB! Got a pretty off-the-wall sense of humor! And he bust his ass for three months to grow about an ounce of weed! Lol! It’s not in his DNA time tested way! He lives, and grows to a beat of a different drummer! How else would you wind up living in Thailand? He’s a good dude and fun to shuck and jive with! And I’ll tell him!😄 just to add, he is taking care of his 91-year-old one legged mom with dementia over there! Lol! That takes a special kind of person! And wife and family to help him!
Yea he really did struggle on with his grows for sure 😂😂😂 funny dude and top bloke to boot good on him lookin after his Ma ya only get 1👍

simonkay

simonkay

Just this one plant, the first two flower and has a nice well developed hard buds but the resin and frost production on it isn’t up to par with all the rest of the girls. Could just be a Weaker Pheno in the resin aspect. I don’t really expect A big change but figured it was worth a try. Nothing really to lose by trying. I remember reading about girdling Partially around the base of some branches to encourage resin production so I may give that a try on a few branches just in the interest of experimentation. Will post the results.
Curious to know did you manage to girdle, and how did it turn out (sorry it's if it's already in the thread but I don't know how to search for it specifically)

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No, I never worked up the guts to try it! Lol! It’s kind of in extreme measure! Tried splitting and driving lag bolts through the stock, but didn’t notice any big difference. I in my opinion girdling would require a lot of research before I tried it! I remember reading about people saying at work, but all anecdotal! Back when growing out in the hills, I lost a lot of plants to rats girdling my stalks. So I am a little gun, shy about it! You have to be careful!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And frankster managed to get himself a sort of cabin cobble together! At least he’s got a roof over his head up there now! He is in a hell of a lot better shape this year than he was last year! Crazy fucker! But still pretty rough going! Heard he had some plants going, but had to harvest because he lost all of his daylight! I can see that happening up in the mountains! But seems to be enjoying the Jeremiah Johnson life!

simonkay

simonkay

@Oldchucky from what I understand it's better to do branches instead of main stem on marijuana so maybe I can sacrifice one branch and document it to just to start off.
I asked twitter but that's like asking a communist for an opinion on money.

What I have found is a scientific paper showing it works in several areas Inc avocados, apples and lychees etc so maybe it's a case of finding the right technique and timing for Mary Jane haven't read it all yet but I get the feeling most the naysayers are speaking out of cynacism not experience

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t doubt that there is something to it! Don’t you just girdle like 3/4 of the way around the branch? I agree! When I saw they were doing it on branches also. Not the stocks. I think you might have to leave just a little bit of a connection! But I’m not that positive!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Burned the fuck out of the orange Creamsicle by getting cute with fertilizer! The blueberry muffins have been a pain in the ass! Should have stayed away from the FuFu! But the rest are looking great! Still alive and well!
B584A279 B191 48A8 9B72 C723129A0F2D

cpurola

cpurola

Burned the fuck out of the orange Creamsicle by getting cute with fertilizer! The blueberry muffins have been a pain in the ass! Should have stayed away from the FuFu! But the rest are looking great! Still alive and well!View attachment 2057759
They all look amazing! Wish I could have left mine longer.
BTW, you were right... the sun came out today and I had every intention to cut the plants down. Even took the loppers with me and then I couldn't do it. Had to paw through the last big buds and trim, trim, trim. 😉
Figure I can always head out back and chop'em later, even if it snows.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
They all look amazing! Wish I could have left mine longer.
BTW, you were right... the sun came out today and I had every intention to cut the plants down. Even took the loppers with me and then I couldn't do it. Had to paw through the last big buds and trim, trim, trim. 😉
Figure I can always head out back and chop'em later, even if it snows.
LOL! Just something about it! The sirens song of the marijuana plant is almost irresistible! You go, sister!

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

And frankster managed to get himself a sort of cabin cobble together! At least he’s got a roof over his head up there now! He is in a hell of a lot better shape this year than he was last year! Crazy fucker! But still pretty rough going! Heard he had some plants going, but had to harvest because he lost all of his daylight! I can see that happening up in the mountains! But seems to be enjoying the Jeremiah Johnson life!
His a mad bastard got all the time in the world for him like he sent a stranger(me) seeds from all the way across the world we trusted each other from the get go he was doin it hard last year that’s for sure I’ve sent him several emails haven’t heard from him so im stoked his doin alright and not living in the tent no more his poor wife passed away last year bless her❤️ I just miss the old crew man they were good fellas/gals👍

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Getting close to showtime! Going to take some partials here and there and try and get the majority through till the next full moon. Have some that will go into November! Not bad so far! The , waste of space, blueberries, allegedly, that went in about July 15 will probably yield 1.5 LB‘s! So it’s never too late! Oh well, some pics that lose a lot in the uploading!
27309FD7 25D1 42D6 88CD E35AAF5DD636
62E11FCA D5B8 44F3 9D8B C5CC72D75949
3E681709 9234 43C4 98BE E12A70C1E856
98E024E4 7591 4218 AAE8 CAD4DB1D1E07
AB94EB05 619B 4D33 AF20 3E8CF843C985
58D1A3D5 F657 4529 8600 1ED6D9F2634B
3D722752 CE22 475A B5D4 1C03BFA8C05F

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom