Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Right on Beauregard! We need all the old farts we can get around here! A lot of people swear by Autos! Time to take the plunge! Get those beans popped. If you plan on growing outdoors, think up a corny title and start a thread under general outdoor growing. Or indoors same procedure. But it is up to you to make a vague plan and read up as much as possible on comparable grows. There are Some otherworldly growers on this site who have forgotten more than we will ever know. And most of them are more than happy to help and open minded grower get going and succeed. You are not alone in this endeavor and before long Will probably develop an unhealthy obsession with it! Lol. As far as hobbies go it’s still cheaper than crashing remote control planes! Will look for and follow your thread and you are always welcome to ask questions here if I can help. Get cracking, dog!
The obsession with it comes from getting those sun soaked buds! The smaller yield doesn’t always matter with the high heat bc sometimes less is more. Keep it up and get a move on cuz the summer is flyin!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
A little update.Three Jamaicans a.k.a. the Kingston Trio, 2 San Fernando valleys, and one old growth.
DCB78DCE 750B 40F4 82F4 54F8AF5CBD62
2 Frosted Altoids, 2 Humboldt dreams.
9DBB0FAF 85B5 47EA AFB3 59FD6CF29F18
Those from a distance. So much for stealth!
D7D86AC8 6CF9 4338 82F5 92E238BFB094
And one dream and one old growth.
A2E25598 43C8 433C 8C5E 696A5BF0743D
starting to warm up so I am nervous as a whore in church! See if I’ve learned anything in the last few years.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And this is for a pipe Carver in case he comes stumbling through! Some people complain about the heat but it sure feels good on tired Old bones, and aching old Joints. Takes about 15 years off! It must be the humidity! About 15%. L O L!
CF74E024 9A5D 4D5E B6AE DF07559D5E31

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
And this is for a pipe Carver in case he comes stumbling through! Some people complain about the heat but it sure feels good on tired Old bones, and aching old Joints. Takes about 15 years off! It must be the humidity! About 15%. L O L!View attachment 1260547
Weather update...lol...I saw the sun today, yesterday as well...Ah it must be summer with 2 days in a row. If we get 3 clear days folks here will be praying for rain. When you're used to doom & gloom, Sweater,Boots and Parka's 3 nice days in a row gets people panicking their wells are going to run dry....No fear so far this year.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
106°! Showing a little end of day stress but that is to be expected. Whether they can take multiple days of this is the question. That has been and always will be the crux Of the biscuit!
56147AC9 A4FB 4735 954C 8C5665A87A52
F43BB839 01B9 439A 93A8 E7CEB0667FDA
567411ED 2BF8 4D4C 889B DDBFA40B7B84

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
106°! Showing a little end of day stress but that is to be expected. Whether they can take multiple days of this is the question. That has been and always will be the crux Of the biscuit! View attachment 1260751View attachment 1260752View attachment 1260753
I don't know how you can keep them watered and not dry out to the point of crispy in those fabric pots. I have some1 -3 - 5 gal black fabric pots and I'm having trouble not letting them dry out....I used to get 3 - 5 days in plastic pots...fkin fabric its more like 2 & 3 days and I can check in the morning thinking ya they're good then by night they're hanging like dead....Cost me a bunch of leaves and growth on my babies this grow trying to get used to fabric.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That is a good point PC! Last year I found out that it is possible to over perlite your mix. The pots were drying out way too fast and I think once the soil dries it starts to heat up to the ambient temperature quickly. can’t allow that to happen in these conditions. So I didn’t add any Perlite this year and the soil is a dencer Thus slowing the drying out. Once a plant reaches a certain size I think you can eliminate overwatering from the equation. That’s what I tried to do this time. I think The interior of those Pots Stays pretty wet thus keeping the soil cooler probably through evaporation. When I go out this morning the plants will probably look perfect because the interior of the pot is still moist. But I will water the outer 2/3 of the pot heavily anyway hoping to encourage evaporation through the fabric. Also left the pots on the ground instead of raising them up to slow down the drying. Most of this I am just kind of trying to use a little horse sense. Kind of, uncharted territory for me and there’s a good chance It could all go south in a heartbeat. Only one way to find out! I like trying to buck The odds. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry! L O L! Take it easy.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Going back to grab the executioners sword! The pure Jamaican nutted up. Kind of a shame because that was the only one I had of that strain. But it was so much more vigorous and Studley I knew it was coming. Same thing will happen with the larger San Fernando Valley. Just hasn’t shown it yet. All part of the game with regs.
12E45D8D 2280 4B86 9203 6189E8B01C56

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I don't know how you can keep them watered and not dry out to the point of crispy in those fabric pots. I have some1 -3 - 5 gal black fabric pots and I'm having trouble not letting them dry out....I used to get 3 - 5 days in plastic pots...fkin fabric its more like 2 & 3 days and I can check in the morning thinking ya they're good then by night they're hanging like dead....Cost me a bunch of leaves and growth on my babies this grow trying to get used to fabric.

I have to water my 5gallon fabric pots every day, 2 days at most once things start heating up in flower. But that's the beauty of the fabric pots is that it's so much harder to over-water :)

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
108°, approximately 10% humidity. About 415. Number one is showing some canoeing. Not surprising as a lot of people around here are showing signs of canoeing also. Number two is showing a pretty good wilt on the side facing the sun whereas in number three the side facing away from the sun looks pretty good. I think she is intentionally fucking with me with some kind of riddle! I don’t like riddles! I may go back out in a few minutes and just lightly top water the wilter To see if it has any effect. They’ll recover overnight.
453B4F79 0F8D 4E5A 8B41 973C6834627B
E07D2499 86DE 4907 A9CC CE0CAEC1D44F
1E79F40E 00FB 4A6D A329 059AFC9ADB14

steamroller

steamroller

Just getting here. 🥴
Sorry about your loss.
I went from having 5 labs to none in 3 years.
Dogless for the first year in decades.. They are this man's best friend for sure. I still miss each one.

All my outdoor plants have to stay under the greenhouse so they see temps like yours often. Todays high was 105f..
You look like you got it all under control my friend. 👍

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
105, Makes you feel alive! Thanks brother. Dogless here also. And I don’t like it but you have to do things you don’t like when you get old. This grow is Never under control! Always right on the ragged edge! Wouldn’t have it any other way! It is kind of like a five month fishing trip. Have a good time fishing and if you catch something, well that is just a bonus!Might have a big time pay off at the end or might be a complete bust but having a hell of a good time along the way! Lol! Enjoy looking at your greenhouse plants they are looking good and I hope you Have it under control better than I do. But I doubt it! L O L! See you later.

Muttley

Muttley

A little update.Three Jamaicans a.k.a. the Kingston Trio, 2 San Fernando valleys, and one old growth.View attachment 1260541 2 Frosted Altoids, 2 Humboldt dreams.View attachment 1260542 Those from a distance. So much for stealth! View attachment 1260544 And one dream and one old growth.View attachment 1260543 starting to warm up so I am nervous as a whore in church! See if I’ve learned anything in the last few years.
Hell, I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
105, Makes you feel alive! Thanks brother. Dogless here also. And I don’t like it but you have to do things you don’t like when you get old. This grow is Never under control! Always right on the ragged edge! Wouldn’t have it any other way! It is kind of like a five month fishing trip. Have a good time fishing and if you catch something, well that is just a bonus!Might have a big time pay off at the end or might be a complete bust but having a hell of a good time along the way! Lol! Enjoy looking at your greenhouse plants they are looking good and I hope you Have it under control better than I do. But I doubt it! L O L! See you later.
Here we go again another weather report from the soggy north,
I'd like you to look at the bottom of the chart where it says" hrs of sun"..I'm thinking you get more sun in 1 week than we will all summer. In Aug the temp will rise 6-7* but same same for sunny days...humidity at 95% -100% here on in...suck for growing indoors or outside.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ha ha! That’s awful! Some places just aren’t suitable and you are in one of them I think. Being close to the ocean kind of locks you into one type of whether year Round. It’s a good thing you are very proficient at indoor growing now and doing some wonderful things! A classic example of an old dog can Learn new tricks! L O L enjoy watching your grow! And will shoot you a A report from here a little later. Have a good one!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Evening update. Looks like my welded wire budget needs to get triple or quadruple. Need to get these things spread out, starting to get cramped. Looks like I might have another problem. The ones that are beginning to show are all looking or leaning, female. When I put multiples in pots I was expecting at least half to be males. Didn’t really want to end up with more than one per pot. I know, I know, then You shouldn’t have put more than one per pot to start with, dumb fuck! L O L! Even the San Fernando that a towering over his mates, that I could’ve sworn would be a buck, is showing female. Proof again that I don’t know shit! I plan on bending them so we’ll have to figure something out with the multiples if they get that far. May just have to Cull A few females. I have to work out a plan. They aren’t growing fast but they look fairly healthy and I know a spurt will come in August. I’ve been There before. Bob and weave! Adapt!
43C3F622 6706 46DE 8169 6C6435798644
F779D055 2F53 4A64 A8B8 425EB5D8451A
BE826793 833A 4200 9473 8CB4BF8BAF38
157D19CC 8822 4B41 9955 08421516C75A

Latest posts

Top Bottom