Blazing Oaks 2016

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Well the concrete boom truck got here bright and early at 6 AM today, ready to rock and roll. I have never seen one in action before, it was a very impressive piece of machinery. The size and reach that it had was pretty incredible, and this was apparently the 'small' boom truck, since the larger one would not make it up our road. It ended up taking 61 yards of concrete to finish the entire slab. On Monday the forms will get knocked down, there will be little bit of clean up to do on the concrete work, and the metal frame for the greenhouse will start going up.

View attachment 625068

View attachment 625070

View attachment 625072
Hell year getting shot done. Whoever told you to put a boiler room is an idiot. Navien makes a tank less water heater specifically for radiant flooring. It has thermostats and recirculation pumps built in to keep your floors at a constant even temp.

This is a radiant floor system I was just working on a week ago that we installed. They didn't buy the Navien tank less ment for radiant floors so this is what you end up having to do.

The far right is the one dedicated to the radiant floor. It is on a closed loop system with a storage tank and 2 recirculation pumps (1 on the inlet 1 on the outlet) and a electric thermostat that kicks the tank less on automatically to keep even temp.

20160804 131628
20160804 131609
20160804 131733
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Would one Navien unit be able to heat the entire system? We have six zones total for heating the slab. Plus three zones for irrigation. Supposedly the tankless heaters are more efficient right?
You would have to check em out on there website to see how large of a system 1 can handle. I'm not positive on that.

Blaze

Blaze

Realized that I had not posted any pictures of the light dep harvest.

Archive OG:
Aog ld16

SFV OG Kush:
Sfv og ld16

Super Silver Haze:
Ssh ld16

OG Twist:
Twist og ld16

White Fire #43:
Wifi43 ld16

Watermelon Rancher:
Wr ld16

Urkle Wreck:
Uw ld16

Three Queens:
3q ld16

The three most potent strains this run were the OG Twist at 26.8% THC, Archive OG at 23.2% THC, and White Fire #43 at 22.5% THC.

Best smell and flavor was hands down the Watermelon Rancher, followed by the Urkle Wreck. Best bag appeal was definitely the Urkle Wreck as well, it came out incredibly dense and just coated in crystal. My personal favorites have been the Three Queens and the Watermelon Rancher

Everything passed all the microbiology and pesticide screenings, as always.

Interesting to note that all the same clones that I ran full season outdoors last year actually tested a little lower on THC in the light dep than they did in the outdoor. This surprises me as the light dep obviously has a lot more visible crystal. It was across the board though - everything was 2%-5% lower than it's outdoor counterpart. I have heard from others who have done similar tests that full season outdoor does indeed usually test higher on THC than other cultivation methods and these results would seem to confirm that.

Blaze

Blaze

We also had out first third-party inspection today, which went great. They came to check to make sure we were not over the plant count and had followed through on posting our permits and tagging all our plants, etc. The guy who we hired for our third party is actually a civil engineer and a surveyor, so I think he will be a good contact for us in the future. I have some big plans for future expansions and additional infrastructure, so next year we will have to start dealing with CEQA and other regulatory agencies, just like any other business. It will be important to have everything in place by 2018 when MMRSA takes effect, and we may have recreational use by then as well if prop 64 goes through in November. The inspector was very curious about the entire process so we had a good chat on all the different stages and processes we use, as well as the regulations at the state and local levels. He will be back again right before harvest to do our final sign off for the year.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Looking amazing @Blaze ....Really interesting that the light dep tests lower then the full term... I woulda bet money it was the other way around... The greenhouse looks super simple to build you should shoot down to sonoma and build me one when your done :) ... Just kidding...

Homesteader

Homesteader

@Blaze- What kind of difference did you all have this year in terms of weather? Do you have those clones from last year going full term as well?

Blaze

Blaze

This summer was fairly normal, not nearly as dry and hot as the last few. I have the same clones form last year in my full term outdoor and I just transplanted a bunch to go into the new greenhouse. So I will have two outdoor crops, a full season greenhouse crop, and a light dep crop of the same cuts to compare by the end of this year.

Blaze

Blaze

Looking amazing @Blaze ....Really interesting that the light dep tests lower then the full term... I woulda bet money it was the other way around... The greenhouse looks super simple to build you should shoot down to sonoma and build me one when your done :) ... Just kidding...

Sounds good, but I charge $300 per hour haha....

The irony is all the planning, prep, and permits took about 7 1/2 moths, the slab took about 3 weeks, and in less than a week almost the entire frame is up. Actually building it is proving to be the fastest part....

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Sounds good, but I charge $300 per hour haha....

The irony is all the planning, prep, and permits took about 7 1/2 moths, the slab took about 3 weeks, and in less than a week almost the entire frame is up. Actually building it is proving to be the fastest part....
Permits and blueprints are always what slow building up.

Blaze

Blaze

Everything in the full season outdoor is starting to cluster up nicely. We've been having some bug issues so I will be spraying with Azamax tonight and following up in two days with spinosad. I want to make sure we knock any pests back as much as possible before the plants get too far into flower.

Watermelon Rancher:
IMG 20160827 115734
IMG 20160827 114713213

Twist OG and Archive OG:
IMG 20160827 114407048

SFV OG Kush back-cross (Kush Cleaner crossed back to the original SFV clone) from Little Hill:

IMG 20160827 115626

Kush Cleaner from 707 Seedbank:
IMG 20160827 114437368

The smart pots have filled in very well considering that they were 5-6 weeks behind everything else. This whole row is different phenos of Sour Diesel x Watermelon Rancher and Mendo Pineapple x Watermelon Rancher:

IMG 20160827 114531229

Kush Cleaner behind the garden gate and posted cultivation permit:

IMG 20160827 115222236

Our own personal 'Avenue of the Giants" - OG Ringo on the right, Guava Kush x Kush Cleaner on the left. That's a 10' orchard ladder for scale:

IMG 20160827 122746770

More Kush Cleaner and Twist OG towering over the 6' fence:

IMG 20160827 123032952

Blaze

Blaze

Took most of last week off to go camping out in the Sinkyone Wilderness with some friends. We have been going every year since we were in high school, this was the 15th annual summer trip. It is one of the last undeveloped, unspoiled sections of coast line in the entire country and will remain that way due to the extremely rugged terrain. There is no cell service, no internet, no radio or TV reception, and no facilities of any kind except a few old outhouses.

This was looking south from the mile long black sands beach:
Usal1

Looking North:
Usal2

Looking East, back towards camp:
Usal4

This was the road into our campsite. We had our own little private valley with a creek that meanders through it:
Usal3

Our home for 4 days we stayed:
Usal5

My only complaint is that I wished we could have stayed longer. This has been one of the most hectic and busy summers ever, we all really needed a break.

Last edited:
Blaze

Blaze

End walls for the greenhouse are done (except for the cooling wall) and the plastic goes up tomorrow. We had our inspection with the county building and planning department today, and got everything we have done so far signed off. They will only have to come back one more time once the electrical is finished for a final inspection.
IMG 20160830 155128

IMG 20160830 155339397

The exhaust fans are freakin' ridiculous:
IMG 20160830 155314600

scoop

scoop

Mucho respect/thanks for the tip on Regalia, guys. I might be fighting the same stem rot issues here as a few of you others are seeing. Small/fuzzy growths on the stem of a few near the soil surface. Those (2) plants are wilting... so we will see if I'm too late or some sort of miracle appears and saves the day. Either way....shit happens...and I'm extremely glad now that I sat those extras out on the edge of the treeline as a backup for just this kind of "fun".

Again...for better or worse...thanks for the overall insight/education.

Blaze

Blaze

Mucho respect/thanks for the tip on Regalia, guys. I might be fighting the same stem rot issues here as a few of you others are seeing. Small/fuzzy growths on the stem of a few near the soil surface. Those (2) plants are wilting... so we will see if I'm too late or some sort of miracle appears and saves the day. Either way....shit happens...and I'm extremely glad now that I sat those extras out on the edge of the treeline as a backup for just this kind of "fun".

Again...for better or worse...thanks for the overall insight/education.
Stem rot is awful, especially when it takes out a plant this close to harvest. Preventative measures are usually your best bet in the future. If you are going to be reusing your soil planting a cover crop can definitely help keep your soil healthy and free of disease.

Top Bottom