BloomBox Grow #2 - Arjan's Strawberry Haze (Green House Feminized)

• Thread starter RickyRicardo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RickyRicardo

Hello fellow farmers,

Here we go, I unsuccessfully attempted the first grow with a White Widow seed, but that seed did not sprout.

So I decided to undertake my next grow using three mother seeds at the same time. So far two have shown signs of life.

So I am starting my second grow report with my BloomBox.

So I decided to now give it a try with three cultivars I had one feminized seed for: Arjan's Strawberry Haze, Hawaiian Snow and Northern Lights I ordered a dozen seeds of another cultivar but it never made it as I think it was confiscated somewhere.

This means quite a bit of delay as I only have one seed of each, I will have to grow mothers (if it hopefully successfully roots etc...) and make cuttings.

Good first time experience I think!

I attach my feeding schedule, the Bloombox has a suggested feeding schedule of 8 weeks and I adjusted to 11 to accommodate this cultivar.

Constructive comments are welcomed.

So far I soaked the seed in pH 5.65 water until signs of life and planted it in a 1 inch rockwool block. It is the humidome coming with the BloomBox right now in high humidity and I will report as soon as there is something coming up!

Cheers

View attachment Grow #2-Arjan's Strawberry Haze.pdf
R

RickyRicardo

Tomorrow should be the Day!

Well by the looks of it, tomorrow will be the day, the sister seed from Grow #3 germinated today, and I can see something pointing up of the cube in this one.

Things are looking good!

Humi Dome in the Bloombox:
DSCF0001.JPG

R

RickyRicardo

Stocky Seedling?

Well, now at Day 8 and got new leaves showing on the seedling, but oh my god is that thing stocky!

See for yourself:
DSCF00031.JPG

Also attaching my grow report, now in week 2 of seedling, and things are looking up!

View attachment Grow Report 2.pdf
R

RickyRicardo

Phase 2 has begun

So I decided the girls were ready to move to the veg phase and moved everyone tonight and did my first nute mix.

Since I only had two seeds, I decided to grow cherry tomatoes with my girls. I plan to take a few cuttings to start some mothers before I move to the flowering cycle.

Here are a few pics:
DSCF00012.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF00041.JPG

View attachment Strawberry Haze Veg Week 1.pdf
R

RickyRicardo

Update Day 31

Hey guys, here are a few pics of my grow, I am welcoming comments.

Particularly since I have a few yellow blotches, which I am unsure if they are the results of a dormant oil treatment I did (had some mealybugs on house plants not far from my setup so treated everything in the house), or the fact that I initially sprayed with nutes in the morning (I stopped that misleaded attempt at being zealous) or the fact I was not checking my PH often enough and ended up with a 7.6 PH Swing....

Yellow Blotches:
DSCF00061.JPG

Plant Structure shot:
DSCF00043.JPG

Check how compact this is, How am I supposed to make a cutting on this to do a clone?:
DSCF0007.JPG

Root structure Emerging:
DSCF00053.JPG

R

RickyRicardo

Move to Flowering

Hey Guys, moved my gals to flowering, after taking one cuting on each to start new clones in the hope to get some mothers started.

Hope the clones will take!

Photos soon, they look a bit sad now that I toped them off...

D

deadzombies420

Pulling up a chair.I love arjan's haze plants.

J-uana
:afroweed:

R

RickyRicardo

Smoke Report?

Hey, can you give me a smoke report for that strain man?

B

BillPlimpton

arjan is a bullshit artist who steals from people, namely Mr.Nice (shantibaba)

The strawberry your growing is unfortunatly strawberry HAY at best, ive grown it 6 ways to sunday trying to get someting out of it, but its total shit, has a slight berry smell to it but it crap for a high, sorry to burst your bubb Ricky.......take care be safe

R

RickyRicardo

Smoke Report?

No bubble bursted man, I am just starting growing so decided to try a few things and experiment. Looking for positive minded people to guide me along the way.

I wanted different buzz and strengths of smoke, so I got a few different feminized seeds to experiment.

Unfortunately my White widow and my Northern Light did not germinate. After these two I still have Big Bud and Blueberry to give a try.

So what would you recommend I grow next? Whats your favourite smoke and why?

RickyRicardo

arjan is a bullshit artist who steals from people, namely Mr.Nice (shantibaba)

The strawberry your growing is unfortunatly strawberry HAY at best, ive grown it 6 ways to sunday trying to get someting out of it, but its total shit, has a slight berry smell to it but it crap for a high, sorry to burst your bubb Ricky.......take care be safe

N

NeonBlackFlag

I used to have an Arjan's Strawberry Haze bean, but I gave it up to one of my friends from NY a while ago. I never had the chance to grow it out, and I'm not sure if he ever did or not either. I always wanted to see how it would do, since I have a huge haze fan, and well, strawberry haze sounds mighty tasty! hehe.

I'll pull up a chair and see how this one turns out. Good luck, bro!

R

RickyRicardo

Pulling up a chair...

LOL what a funny expression, I love it.

French speaking here (but not French) so not familiar with the expression "pulling up a chair" but I love it.

Well my two plants are doing well and ben able to manage the pH quite well so far. Before I moved my two plants to Flower, I took cuttings to have some mothers I can clone if I like the strains. Well there are roots showing already, these things are like weeds really!

Well I guess I understand why its called weed around here now duh!

Will take some photos as soon as I get a new camera as my house was broken into this week end and it was stolen....

D

deadzombies420

No i can not give u a smoke report on Arjans Strawberry Haze.I am justifying Arjans haze plants.(Greenhouse Seeds)I am not in the fight between Arjan and (greenhouse seeds) or Howard Marks (Mr nice seed).I whould pre-grow my plants take cutting and then flower away.But all that is up to u.Good luck.I'll be around.

J-uana
:animbong:

R

RickyRicardo

Clones and bubble baths

I am happy to report that the clones are looking healthy and vigorous, another good step in the good direction.

However I have a question, this morning when I checked the PH, it had gone up to 6.4 (from 5.6 the night before) and the solution has gone all bubbly, best word to describe it would be it looks like a cross between sugar syrup and a bubble bath.

I adjusted the PH this morning to 5.4 and it is now at 5.6.

I attached my nute line up. Anybody can explain what's up with all the bubbles?

Oh and if you just want to rant on how AN sucks, please refrain, looking for a positive and constructive explanation, not a rant.

Thanks!

Grow Report 2   Strawberry Haze
N

NeonBlackFlag

Wow, thats quite a nutrient regimen that you've got those babies on. Not sure what the bubbling is from, because I've never really tapped into hydro. Sucks to hear about your place being broken into. Surprised that they didn't take your plants and set up too.

R

RickyRicardo

Broken into

Unless you know what is the BloomBox, it is quite stealthy :)

Wow, thats quite a nutrient regimen that you've got those babies on. Not sure what the bubbling is from, because I've never really tapped into hydro. Sucks to hear about your place being broken into. Surprised that they didn't take your plants and set up too.

W

Weedseed

I'v always wanted to see a full grow in one of those Bloom Boxes..Lucky you.Can't wait to see how you like it.

R

RickyRicardo

Week 1 of Flowering Completed

Hey,

A little update, Just changed my water for Week 2 of Flowering and took some pictures. Was broken into last week end so could not get pictures throughout the week.

At least insurances were nice enough to get me a Fuji S200EXR as a replacement. Great camera, huge file sizes so unable to upload LOL

Will take smaller pictures tomorrow.

R

RickyRicardo

Day 10 of flowering

Hey guys, ok had to set the camera to the lowest resolution for this site to accept the pictures, sight...

So I had to cannibalize my plant as the cutting I had taken failed miserably. Took two to get luck on my side which left not much on the plant in flowering...

Anyway, hope it recovers and I do get some buds anyway.

Some pics:
DSCF0072.JPG
DSCF0075.JPG

R

RickyRicardo

Failing cuttings...

Seems I keep having set backs with my cuttings. The first ones just dried up, the second rotted...

Had to take two more cuts at the poor plant I put in flower, at this rate I will not harvest anything with that one.

I followed the instructions to the letter, any suggestions to help me? What am I doing wrong?

DSCF0123.JPG

Top Bottom