BloomBox Grow #3 - Hawaiian Snow (Green House Feminized)

• Thread starter RickyRicardo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RickyRicardo

Hello fellow farmers,

Here we go, I unsuccessfully attempted the first grow with a White Widow seed, but that seed did not sprout.

So I decided to undertake my next grow using three mother seeds at the same time. So far two have shown signs of life.

So I am starting my second grow report with my BloomBox.

So I decided to now give it a try with three cultivars I had one feminized seed for: Arjan's Strawberry Haze, Hawaiian Snow and Northern Lights I ordered a dozen seeds of another cultivar but it never made it as I think it was confiscated somewhere.

This means quite a bit of delay as I only have one seed of each, I will have to grow mothers (if it hopefully successfully roots etc...) and make cuttings.

Good first time experience I think!

I attach my feeding schedule, the Bloombox has a suggested feeding schedule of 8 weeks and I adjusted to 11 to accommodate this cultivar.

Constructive comments are welcomed.

So far I soaked the seed in pH 5.65 water until signs of life and planted it in a 1 inch rockwool block. It is the humidome coming with the BloomBox right now in high humidity and I will report as soon as there is something coming up!

Cheers

View attachment Grow #3-Hawaiian Snow.pdf
O

Oregonic

Gonna be watchin this one, sprouted the same beans a few weeks ago and things are great so far. :rasta2:

Happy growin!

R

RickyRicardo

Great Oregonic, Lkg forward to exchange on your own progress, did you start a Grow report?

D

dailychronic

this is some really good smoke. I smoked a pheno that had a tropical subtle pineapple taste and the high was great, str8 up and up and up.

O

Oregonic

Not yet, I have a journal going for my AK47 and Chemo but the snow is getting prep'ed for motherhood for the next round of 3x3 tent jungle adventure! :icon_animal26:

I would love to do an outdoor snow, the yield would be insane!

J

Joe Blow

I just killed mine at 6 weeks flower. Throwing nanners all over the place.

R

RickyRicardo

At last!

My first seed has showed sign of vitality, have the first set of leave coming out, can even see some hair on the stalk.

Very excited I am :cool0044:, seems her sister from my Grow #2 will follow suit tomorrow.

A few pictures:

Hawaiian Snow seedling:
DSCF0005.JPG

Inside the Bloombox:
DSCF0006.JPG

R

RickyRicardo

Strong Seedling Moving Along

Well things are moving along, took a few new pics and prepared my solution for Week 2.

DSCF00051.JPG

I attach my grow report as well.

Things all seem to be going well, although I found a fly small fruit fly today (squashed it) and now wondering if I am going to be fighting some pest in the next few days...

Any recommendations?

View attachment Grow Report 3.pdf
B

bummer

Hawaiian Snow just started flowing yesterday. Jumped under the 12 hour bell earlier in cycle (plant a mere 6inches)because of fear of plant height.
Have harvested AK48 (good producer 4 oz dried and cured)
A Black Jack (Big plant small buds and not as good as the AK. (2 oz cured)
Full Moon (Pure Sativia)(2 oz cured) and again AK was better.
Have a GOD less than 2 weeks til harvest...WOW I am in love! The colas the smell WOW. Sampled a small bud and was impressed knowing that it still has a period of time yet to go.
OK back to Hawaiian Snow, has anyone also attempted to prevent height issue by inducing 12 hour period sooner?
Bummer

R

RickyRicardo

Controlling height

Do let me know what is your experience as it does look like this is more of an airy structure than the other cultivar I am growing too (Strawberry Haze).

Its already twice as tall at 3 weeks in the vegetative state. It might prove a bad candidate for the Bloombox in the long run.

Anyone knows how much it stretches once you put it through flowering?

R

RickyRicardo

PH Swing?

Hey guys, hope someone can advice me on how best to manage this.

Made my water change to Veg Week 3 yesterday.

I balanced my water and my Nutes right before transferring the water solution to the Bloombox (see attached Nute schedule for Veg week 3).

PH was 5.32, and PPM 764.

Checked the PH this afternoon, 24h later and PH is now 7.30. Why such a swing?

I just re-calibrated the PH with PH down solution, was this the right thing to do? And is this typical. The last few weeks I had just checked PH when I changed the solution which I assume was a beginner's mistake..

Advice?

E

EnchanterTim

Hi there RickyR.

Nice grow you got goin non there mate. Wishing you all the luck with it.

I too am growing HS [my first grow} so il be following your thread closely mate. Hopefully maybe be able to help me out a little along the way with this strain.

btw your seedlings look much healthier and bigger than mine. Good job mate :]

Anyone knows how much it stretches once you put it through flowering?

Iv read that it can grow to 3/4 times the size once it enters flowering mate and grows like fk! have alot of stretch in them.

Flowering early is def recommended if you have limited height mate.

What lighting have you got ? Im using a 250 mh and read that continuing to use the MH in the first 2 weeks of veg will help stop it stretching.

I fear im gonna have height issues with this too mate, i plan to get it to under a foot if poss before i put it in flower. but im still v early in seedling stage so i got plenty time to worry about that lol
Also plan on lst this.

sorry i dont have anymore advice to offer mate, like i say, im still newb so dont have alot to offer :{

R

RickyRicardo

Lighting

Hey, my seedlings are currently in the veg-site of the box under a 125W power compact light.

I am planning to move everything on the Bloom side within the next week which runs a 400 W ballast. The Box came with both a MH bulb and a HPS bulb (digital ballast can run both).

What is the general idea? Is it worth to install the MH bulb for two weeks and then change for the HPS on week 3 of flowering? If it can really limit stretching in this case, I am willing to do it.

Though?

R

RickyRicardo

Update Day 34

Hey guys, here are a few pics of my grow, I am welcoming comments.

Particularly since I have a few yellow blotches, which I am unsure if they are the results of a dormant oil treatment I did (had some mealybugs on house plants not far from my setup so treated everything in the house), or the fact that I initially sprayed with nutes in the morning (I stopped that misleaded attempt at being zealous) or the fact I was not checking my PH often enough and ended up with a 7.6 PH Swing....

Yellow Blotches:
DSCF00035.JPG

Plant structure Shot:
DSCF00015.JPG

Root Structure emerging:
DSCF00022.JPG

R

RickyRicardo

Other Grow Thread

Btw guys, I am growing another 11 weeks bloomer at the same time with this strain.

Completely different plant structure and leaf, that makes it really interesting, both plants were started at the same times, the seeds sprouted 3 days appart, Hawaiian being the first one to come up.

You can see the thread at:

R

RickyRicardo

Move to Flowering

Hey Guys, moved my gals to flowering, after taking one cuting on each to start new clones in the hope to get some mothers started.

Hope the clones will take!

Photos soon, they look a bit sad now that I toped them off...

R

RickyRicardo

Week 1 of Flowering Completed

Hey,

A little update, Just changed my water for Week 2 of Flowering and took some pictures. Was broken into last week end so could not get pictures throughout the week.

At least insurances were nice enough to get me a Fuji S200EXR as a replacement. Great camera, huge file sizes so unable to upload LOL

Will take smaller pictures tomorrow.

R

RickyRicardo

Day 10 of flowering

Update,

Well I changed the solution to week 2 this week end and had to take new cuttings as the one I did the week before failed miserably. Hopefully this time works best, took 2 just to put luck on my side.

Question guys, when can I expect to see some buds as this plant takes 11 weeks to complete flowering?

DSCF0070.JPG
DSCF0071.JPG
DSCF0074.JPG

B

bigAl25

Do use the MH bulb during veg and change it out to the HPS when you start flowering. I have done this on my current grow with great results.

Top Bottom