Blue Kripple - Ceveres' Grow Diary #2

• Thread starter Ceveres
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Ever ran Dr. Krippling gear?

• Total voters
Ceveres

Ceveres

Little update, curiosity got me wondering if my cheap little Milwaukee PH probe was still accurate (if it ever was lol), so I bought some PH7 calibration liquid. So after 1 grow, start to finish, my meter was off by .7 PH. Not huge, but enough to throw me out of the sweet spot. I'll be keeping a closer eye on the calibration from now on. And when I get the cash, ill be upgrading to Blue Lab.
20171008 205454
20171008 205412

I'm definitely running out of room, these babies gotta go to 12/12 STAT! Got my cloner bleached out and ready to go. Had my tap water cycling all night to evaporate the chlorine and stabalize the PH. I'll be taking clones tonight! Yee-haw! Grow on!!

Ceveres

Ceveres

Glad I flipped when I did. Probably could have put them in 12/12 sooner lol. I've gotta get my act together and go get me another 315 LEC. Double my output..

Anyways, built myself a 5 gallon bucket air lift compost tea brewer. Got 4gals rain water in there with 1c Alfalfa meal and 1/4c Kelp meal (recipe from Coot) brewing til tomorrow. Man that alfalfa foams like a SOB tho.. jeez.. hehe
20171018 023623

Had a little spook today, went down into the veg room to find all the clones wilted over and dry looking. Turns out, the impeller went bad on my pump so I had to change that out. $5 later and I'm up and running!
20171017 152323
20171018 023537

20171018 023734
20171018 013215
Some lovely knuckle action
20171018 013150
20171018 012833

(Wrote this up last night, but passed out before posting it lol)

Ceveres

Ceveres

What's up farmers? My girls finally out grew the LEC's footprint so I broke down and fired up the 400w HPS. Bought one of those Kill-a-watt meters and found that it costs more to run this 400w 12hrs a day than it does my 315LEC 24hrs a day. Really pushing me to get another LEC on the fly! Those meters are awesome btw. It's worth the extra $6-7 for the EZ model bc it does the calculations for you.
20171023 010839

The alfalfa and kelp brew gave a nice vitality boost for sure! I think I'll try combining my 2 brews into one and see what happens? Is alfalfa gentle/low enough Nitrogen to run thru flower?
20171023 022129
Brewer works amazingly.. but I got a bad @$$ pump the day I built that too so it's a double whammy!
20171023 014343
Been using short bamboo sticks to separate large branches and open up for light to get down further. My style LST :smoking:
Finally got my neem schedule and mixing down. I add directly in sprayer
1t Protekt
1T Neem oil
1/4t Yucca
Shake a little then add 1/2 to 1qt warm tap water, shake some more, then fill the rest up to 1/2gallon with rain or RO. Mixes pretty well in that fashion for me.
Then sometimes I've added Sea Green and Ful-Power for a little boost. Didn't even PH this last time.
20171023 012447
All but 2 cuttings have started roots :cool: Unfortunately those 2 are the ones that I wanted to root the most.
20171023 015513
Gonna mix up some soil for these babies and get them potted up today when I get some time.

Last edited:
Ceveres

Ceveres

What's good farmers? Been a little while since I've updated you guys (if anyone is out there lol). Been working my @$$ off each week putting what little cash I can into a mason jar trying to save up for another 315 LEC. Couple more weeks/zips gone and I'll be there.

Temperatures outside have been low 40°F and I haven't had a grow in this room in the winter yet. My flower room is in the basement and temps got as low as 54°F already, and it's not even close to as cold as it's going to get. First I'm going to get some foam board and insulate the exterior walls. Supply duct runs thru that room so next I'm going to hook up a temperature controlled damper right on the heat duct and set it to like 65, only problem is it won't do anything unless furnace is running. Unfortunately my electric expense is maxed until I get the new light.. so a heater is a no go..

Anyway heres some pics - this is November 1st
20171105 210220

20171101 192153

And these are all from last night -
20171104 221417
20171104 221311
20171104 211605
20171104 2115560
20171104 211545

Tuesday is the end of week 4. Time flies when you're sooo effing busy lol.. hope you all are doing good.!

Meakanu

Meakanu

What's good farmers? Been a little while since I've updated you guys (if anyone is out there lol). Been working my @$$ off each week putting what little cash I can into a mason jar trying to save up for another 315 LEC. Couple more weeks/zips gone and I'll be there.

Temperatures outside have been low 40°F and I haven't had a grow in this room in the winter yet. My flower room is in the basement and temps got as low as 54°F already, and it's not even close to as cold as it's going to get. First I'm going to get some foam board and insulate the exterior walls. Supply duct runs thru that room so next I'm going to hook up a temperature controlled damper right on the heat duct and set it to like 65, only problem is it won't do anything unless furnace is running. Unfortunately my electric expense is maxed until I get the new light.. so a heater is a no go..

Anyway heres some pics - this is November 1st
View attachment 755461
View attachment 755460

And these are all from last night -
View attachment 755394 View attachment 755443 View attachment 755444 View attachment 755445 View attachment 755447
Tuesday is the end of week 4. Time flies when you're sooo effing busy lol.. hope you all are doing good.!
Oh man! Don’t know how I missed your thread. Your girls are looking good!
My girls are only about 8 days behind yours and my first go so I’ll be keeping a close eye on your updates because I’m super noob haha!
Anyway keep it up, they looking cherry

Ceveres

Ceveres

Oh man! Don’t know how I missed your thread. Your girls are looking good!
My girls are only about 8 days behind yours and my first go so I’ll be keeping a close eye on your updates because I’m super noob haha!
Anyway keep it up, they looking cherry
Thanks brother! I'll hop over check out your thread here again in a bit. I have handful of grow under my belt.. but these most recent runs have truly been leaps and bounds closer to where I want to be as a gardener. I'm still learning always every day, but I finally know enough to put some of the knowledge to use! Don't get me wrong.. I still make plenty of mistakes! I'm just getting better at learning from them and preventing them from happening again/continuing.

Happy growing! Pleasure to meet ya! I'm sure I can learn a thing or 2 from You! Noob or not!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So last week I went down to Ohio (or as @DemonTrich calls it for its shotty MMJ bill, NO-hio lmao) to work a bass-head festival East of Columbus called Lost Lands.

We left Thursday night so Wednesday I mixed up a batch of nutes and fed the girls. I also started a brew of compost tea. The following day (Thursday) just as an extra precaution and bc I didn't have anyone to watch the plants, immediately before we left I gave them the tea. Even though they didn't need it, I gave it to them anyways, just to saturate the medium as much as possible.

We got back late Monday night and I fully expected the smallest pots to be dead, and the 7 and 5 gals completely dry and on the verge. These babies BLEW UP while I was gone! Being so busy and going immediately back to work, I didn't get to water them again until yesterday! To my surprise, only 1 plant had some lower fan leaves wilting, but that was it!! I couldn't believe it.

What I learned though is that I was probably over watering slightly before. I do the lift test, but I think I'll wait 1 day after I determine they are light enough from now on.

Before I left
View attachment 747829

When I came back before watering
View attachment 747831View attachment 747836
After watering
View attachment 747833

Some crazy knuckle action!
View attachment 747834
View attachment 747835

Hope everyone has a good day, and grow some dank! Peace!

That's sick! Righteous grow dude.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You're really stepping up your game. I feel like a noob again looking at your setup. Of course I will be a noob to indoor but I've learned alot from your grow diaries. Keep it up man, keep schoolin us beginners.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Hey thanks brother that means a lot! You kinda lose sight of your progress sometimes and it can get discouraging, especially the money struggle and always wanting to upgrade equipment lol. I appreciate that coming from such a solid outdoor grower. I still feel like my room is in the "noob" zone but it's slowly transitioning to pro-grow-zone lol and I will always admit that there is more to learn. Not sure if I'll ever be settled on what to feed my girls.. this year I dove right into compost teas, earth worm castings, and dry amendments. I put together a little soil mix to x-plant into, so we shall see how that goes!

Grow on! Happy gardending!

Perception

Perception

Anyways, built myself a 5 gallon bucket air lift compost tea brewer. Got 4gals rain water in there with 1c Alfalfa meal and 1/4c Kelp meal (recipe from Coot) brewing til tomorrow. Man that alfalfa foams like a SOB tho.. jeez.. heheView attachment 750970

(Wrote this up last night, but passed out before posting it lol)

Whole grow looking really nice! Beautiful plants. I like that compact air lift you built. Do you have a link to plans for building one? Looks simple

Ceveres

Ceveres

Whole grow looking really nice! Beautiful plants. I like that compact air lift you built. Do you have a link to plans for building one? Looks simple
Thank you :) The lift was super simple to build, I didn't even glue mine so that it would be easy to clean, holds together just fine!

I built mine out of materials I had laying around, so it's made out of 3/4" PVC instead of the 1.25" that it calls for. I actually think I prefer this because it seems to have a little more oomph from the smaller PVC. Also instead of using a bungey cord to hold it down, I just drilled holes in the top of the 5 gal bucket lid. This holds the pump down AND contains your brew inside the bucket when brewing, so you don't end up with a mess on the floor!

Cheers mate!

Perception

Perception

Thank you :) The lift was super simple to build, I didn't even glue mine so that it would be easy to clean, holds together just fine!

I built mine out of materials I had laying around, so it's made out of 3/4" PVC instead of the 1.25" that it calls for. I actually think I prefer this because it seems to have a little more oomph from the smaller PVC. Also instead of using a bungey cord to hold it down, I just drilled holes in the top of the 5 gal bucket lid. This holds the pump down AND contains your brew inside the bucket when brewing, so you don't end up with a mess on the floor!

Cheers mate!

Dang! I wasn't expecting a step by step video! This is awesome. I was using the RedFrog Diffuser (basically just soaker hose), and with sediment settling to bottom, it wasn't mixing well. Can't wait to build!

Ceveres

Ceveres

Dang! I wasn't expecting a step by step video! This is awesome. I was using the RedFrog Diffuser (basically just soaker hose), and with sediment settling to bottom, it wasn't mixing well. Can't wait to build!
Hell yea dude it works great too! Got some tea brewing as we speak lol! You're gonna love it! This thing makes air stone brews look pathetic.. so much foam! What nutes are you using? Your dry amendments were settling? Or liquid nutes?

Perception

Perception

Hell yea dude it works great too! Got some tea brewing as we speak lol! You're gonna love it! This thing makes air stone brews look pathetic.. so much foam! What nutes are you using? Your dry amendments were settling? Or liquid nutes?

I use compost and/or EW castings (usually about 2 cups) that I suspend in the water with a nut bag. I only use a small amount of Kelp Meal & molasses in there (sometimes a couple other soluble additives like fish hydrolysate or sea solids). Super-fine sediment from the the compost gets out of the bag.

I always analyze my teas under microscope, and I've found that if I manually stir the batch by hand (as often as possible in 24 hours), to lift up and distribute the sediment, that I get MUCH higher microbe counts. I had this "ah-ha" moment recently and realized that I was missing out on a lot of microbe action by letting sediment settle. The air stones also start to get clogged by the sediment.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I use compost and/or EW castings (usually about 2 cups) that I suspend in the water with a nut bag. I only use a small amount of Kelp Meal & molasses in there (sometimes a couple other soluble additives like fish hydrolysate or sea solids). Super-fine sediment from the the compost gets out of the bag.

I always analyze my teas under microscope, and I've found that if I manually stir the batch by hand (as often as possible in 24 hours), to lift up and distribute the sediment, that I get MUCH higher microbe counts. I had this "ah-ha" moment recently and realized that I was missing out on a lot of microbe action by letting sediment settle. The air stones also start to get clogged by the sediment.

Nice! I would love to get a microscope, then I wouldn't be shooting in the dark so to speak. The airstones clogging was the biggest issue I had with them. I love fish hydrolysate, you can see the results the next day! Hopefully you get as good or better results with the air lift brewer without having to stir.

Forgot I was gonna post these ones for ya @SmithsJunk I took a few more and they turned out nice..
20171101 194601

20171101 194553

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Nice! I would love to get a microscope, then I wouldn't be shooting in the dark so to speak. The airstones clogging was the biggest issue I had with them. I love fish hydrolysate, you can see the results the next day! Hopefully you get as good or better results with the air lift brewer without having to stir.

Forgot I was gonna post these ones for ya @SmithsJunk I took a few more and they turned out nice..
View attachment 755834
View attachment 755835

Yeah they did

Ceveres

Ceveres

Good evening farmers! Hope you all are good and high. Things are growing nicely, midway thru week 5 of Flower and these babies are starting to girth up a bit. Been wanting to get my hands on some Malted Barley powder or similar sprouted grain to try out. The enzymes are supposed to do nothing but good things for your plants growth and health but I am probably too far along this round to for it to be completely effective. Besides I haven't even sourced malted grain yet. Anywho, the alfalfa/kelp tea has been an awesome vitality boost. Unfortunately, my very last neem foliar was a little too close to lights on and one of the Blue Kripple's got some crispy tips. Unless I'm wrong and it's some kind of deficiency? Kinda hard to see in the pic, but that's this first one.
20171110 222919

All 3 Blue Kripple beans have slightly different characteristics. One has extremely dense foliage, decent sized top colas, and overall is bushy. The second is taller more sativa traits. Tall spire like nugs, much less foliage, not as wide. The third is somewhere in between with leaf density, but the colas are almost TWICE as wide as the other two!! They all have a sweet fruity aroma with a pungent tart or tangy secondary smell. Very complex and exotic smelling!
20171109 193524
20171109 193548
20171109 193517

Just for funsies here are the other 2 strain in this run, same as my last run.

Diablo
20171110 221847

Mystery Girl
20171110 222956

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Good evening farmers! Hope you all are good and high. Things are growing nicely, midway thru week 5 of Flower and these babies are starting to girth up a bit. Been wanting to get my hands on some Malted Barley powder or similar sprouted grain to try out. The enzymes are supposed to do nothing but good things for your plants growth and health but I am probably too far along this round to for it to be completely effective. Besides I haven't even sourced malted grain yet. Anywho, the alfalfa/kelp tea has been an awesome vitality boost. Unfortunately, my very last neem foliar was a little too close to lights on and one of the Blue Kripple's got some crispy tips. Unless I'm wrong and it's some kind of deficiency? Kinda hard to see in the pic, but that's this first one.View attachment 756792

All 3 Blue Kripple beans have slightly different characteristics. One has extremely dense foliage, decent sized top colas, and overall is bushy. The second is taller more sativa traits. Tall spire like nugs, much less foliage, not as wide. The third is somewhere in between with leaf density, but the colas are almost TWICE as wide as the other two!! They all have a sweet fruity aroma with a pungent tart or tangy secondary smell. Very complex and exotic smelling!
View attachment 756782 View attachment 756781 View attachment 756783

Just for funsies here are the other 2 strain in this run, same as my last run.

DiabloView attachment 756789

Mystery Girl
View attachment 756793

A home brewery supply should have whatever malt you're looking for.

King Julien

King Julien

Diablo looks like a damn fine time. I gotta get a better flash so I can take better frost pics like that.

And sweet and fruity strains are some of my favorites to just enjoy. A lot of the most flavorful fruity strains I've had haven't been super potent but they were always a pleasure to smoke and damn could they make a fine dab.

The best ones I've had potency wise though were the sweet and fruity ones with a sharp clean sourness to them.

Around here though I'm just grateful to have something that isn't either compressed reggie or poorly cured, kiefed, third shelf, over dried bud.

I'm definitely watching this to see what that diablo does. That mystery girl doesn't look like a slouch either.

Ceveres

Ceveres

@Ceveres
Looks awesome man. Krippler is some good genetics. I like the Afghan cow. I see an issue that I was running into with 315. That early senescence is being caused by UV stress. I had the exact same lizard skin leaves. I keep my lights at the ceiling and they stay there. I still have to keep by plants below 4' tall or those leaves start senescence. Too much light will actually cause a smaller yield than not enough which is impossible with LEC on a narrow beam hood.

UV-B directly affects DNA/RNA coding. That's why we get skin cancer. I've seen it cause crazy growth. Stuff that looks half eaten and leaves with rounded tips. Half yellow hook shaped leaves....sounding familiar? I was trying to kill imaginary broad mites for a month.

Apply neem shortly after lights out or turn the lights off 30 minutes early for application. UV degrades neem very rapidly and also the oil will allow light to burn leaves. It will be much more effective when it has a chance to sit on the tissue without degradation. Now go grow some turkey bags.

Which plant are you referring to? I'll take some different pics later tonight when lights go on. I had a feeling that something negative was happening but wasnt sure exactly what. It was between the low night temps and/or lights being too close in my mind. I know I vegged them a bit large and should have flipped sooner. I've been considering swapping my veg and flower rooms around for many reason, one of the main ones being that there isn't ductwork running directly through the center and I'll be able to raise my lights about 6" higher. Plus it has a full door and is a little bit bigger. Unfortunately tho, I've got my current flower room decked out with foam insulation on the cement walls and panda film on the walls near the plants. Also I would have to move all the electrical outlets I installed over, so it's not super straight forward.

Tell me more about this senescence. I had to Google to get a definition since I've never heard the word before.

Top Bottom