Blueberry - My 1st Grow Diary

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
neverbreak

neverbreak

Yes, just the 5 small cups, my bush in the 5 gallon bucket is starting its 3rd week of flower soon thats why I am moving the small ones so they can keep vegging until they get to the right size.

ya should put all of 'em into a single tub so ya can move 'em all at once, in a single go. would be less of a hassle for ya that that. just my 2c...

neverbreak

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

ya should put all of 'em into a single tub so ya can move 'em all at once, in a single go. would be less of a hassle for ya that that. just my 2c...

neverbreak

They are very light and now, once they get bigger I'm going to a store to get something to put them in like you said. Thanks for the tips.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update, Blueberry day 1 veg

The seedlings just broke the surface of the soil this morning so today is day 1 :) I just moistened the soil. I'm not gonna post pics until they get some leaves because its hard to see them in the soil.

Update, Big Bang day 13 bloom

I just watered it with 3/4 gallon distilled water at 2 tsp/gallon Tiger Bloom and 1 tsp/gallon KoolBloom. She looks the same as yesterday so I'm not gonna post pics of her until she starts budding, which will happen within 1 week.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Very good grow there. The information and tips here given is good and very much helping to the beginners like me a lot. Keep sharing such a nice information.

I'm glad you are enjoying this and its being helpful for you. Much more info coming over the next few months.

Reactions: mal
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm gonna update my indoor grow tomorrow, but for now I went up to my outdoor grow to spray them down with neem oil and I snapped a pic. Thats an 18 gallon tote and I got 2 females in there that are about 3 feet tall. I couldn't dig a big hole because they are in the mountains and the terrain is way too tough and rocky, so I used the tote instead.

Outdoor 1

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^I know the 2 plants are too close together but it's the only choice I had at that moment. I can't wait til they start flowering, I should get a decent yield from those 2.

Oh yeah, I made my own super soil so I haven't even fed them any liquid nutrients, but come August and September when they are flowering I'm gonna hit them with some Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) and KoolBloom (0-10-10) a few times.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update day 4 Blueberry,

These are 2 of my 5 seedlings, they all look good I'm just keeping the soil moist with distilled water. Not much going on except I burnt some leaves on my Big Bang. Ok this is what happened, The light comes on 6 am and goes off 6 pm so I set my alarm every morning for 6 am so I can open the closet door and get the fans going. My girlfriend wakes me up at 7:30 am and I'm like "oh fuck" so I opened the door and its over 100 degrees and the bulb was about 16-17 inches from the top of my plant and it burnt some leaves. I cut off the damaged leaves and watered her with 1 gallon distiled with 2 tsp. TB and 1 tsp. KB.
Seedling 1
Seedling 2

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update day 22 flower Big Bang

Here is the girl that got burnt, you can see in the 2 pics how the leaves close to the center of the canopy got burnt pretty bad. She's doing good now, all the buds that are forming looked ok so thats the most important thing, no damaged bud sites. I really gotta stop smoking that Big Bang right before I go to bed, that shit puts me in a deep sleep. I think thats why I didn't here the alarm, I smoked a bowl at 1 am, right before I laid down to sleep.

Anyways, the bud sites are forming nicely and its hard to see in the pics, but I got about 20 bud sites so I should get some fat nugs. Thats why I need a grow tent, so I don't have to worry about opening doors and turning on fans, this ain't the 1st time it happened to me but it is the 1st time I got any leave damage. Can't wait til the buds get bigger, I really think that KoolBloom (PK boost) is gonna help alot in final weight and aroma. Also, the canopy is about 27 inches wide and the plant is 14 inches tall.
Burn 2
Burn 1

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh yeah, about the outdoor girls I posted yesterday, they are also the Big Bang, same as my indoor bloomer, and thats the last of it, I'm getting sick of smoking that same shit and I really can't wait to smell and taste the delicious Blueberry nugs.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update,

Hey guys, I'm not gonna post any pics right now because my bulb keeps going out since yesterday, I finally got it to stay on yesterday, but today its the same shit. Everytime it comes on it cuts off within 5 minutes, so I unplug my ballast then I plug it back up and the same shit happens. I had this same problem a feww months ago after I bought this light kit on Ebay. They sent me a new bulb 3 months ago now its happening again. I just bought a new bulb on Ebay but obviously not from the same scumbags I got the cheap ass light kit from. I'm suppose to have it next week so hopefully this doesn't fuck up my plant and I can get the bulb to work for a few more days. I'm sure its the bulb and not the ballast, but I guess I'll find out once I get my new one. I'll update next week or whenever I get this shit fixed, sorry bout the delays.

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
Tagged...good luck with the Blueberry! Always wanted to grow that strain.

derelict

derelict

cool grow dude, looking good so far.

maybe you should get some cfls and chuck them in there until you get your light issue sorted?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks ya'll, the HPS still works it just goes out alot, so I have to keep re-starting the ballast, it fucking sucks but I'll have my new bulb next week. If it is the ballast then I guess I'll have to buy a new one.

I also had a fungus gnat problem, or so what I believe to be fungus gnats. I just sprayed the soil and plants yesterday with a "fruit and vegatable" insect killer and it looks alot better, but that explains the slow growth of my Blueberry seedlings and the slow bud development on the Big Bang. I'll post some pics later today so ya'll can have a look.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Thanks ya'll, the HPS still works it just goes out alot, so I have to keep re-starting the ballast, it fucking sucks but I'll have my new bulb next week. If it is the ballast then I guess I'll have to buy a new one.

I also had a fungus gnat problem, or so what I believe to be fungus gnats. I just sprayed the soil and plants yesterday with a "fruit and vegatable" insect killer and it looks alot better, but that explains the slow growth of my Blueberry seedlings and the slow bud development on the Big Bang. I'll post some pics later today so ya'll can have a look.

if you keep having to restart the ballast most likely its your ballast and not the bulb

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

if you keep having to restart the ballast most likely its your ballast and not the bulb

I'm having to restart the ballast because the bulb goes out and I don't have an on/off switch on my ballast. Once the ballast is plugged in it automatically turns on.

This happened to me after the 1st month I bought the light kit, they sent me a new bulb like 3 months ago and now its happening again. The bulbs I'm using are cheap pieces of shit, but I bought a decent one on Ebay and it'll be here next week so I'll find out if its the ballast or not. Most likely its the bulb, but it could be the ballast. The bulb is flickering alot and that also means its most likely the bulb.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update day 30 (wk 4) flower Big Bang

Hey ya'll, I went to Lowes yesterday and got 3 15w T8's for my Big Bang, just until my 600w light bulb comes. It's gonna be here by thursday (July 5th), but I can't leave her in the dark till then. As soon as my bulb comes in through FedEx I'll use the T8s for my Blueberry seedlings.

I had fungus gnats on this one (Big Bang) and all 5 of the BlueB seedlings. The Big Bang looks alot better now with more flower development after I sprayed the fuck outta my soil, then drenched it and sprayed again. I also sprayed over and under the canopy, then with my seedling I did the same thing but on a much smaller scale. The next day or 2 they grew almost twice the own size, I think its because of the fungus gnats larvae eating away and damaging there small root system, now they dead so all my plants can finally start growing and flowering again :D

Today, I gave her 1 gallon distilled w/2 tsp Tiger Bloom and 1 tsp KoolBloom. Wks 5-7 I'm gonna up the dosage of KoolBloom to 2 tsp/gallon. Here's a pic.

Floro 1

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update day 12 (wk 2) veg Blueberry

They were not growing the past week because of the fungas gnats I stated above^^, so they look like they are 5 days old, not 12 :( On the good side, I got rid of the pests and of yesterday they are starting to grow. I'm leaving them next to a window sill just until my 600w light bulb comes in. Once the bulb gets here I'm using the 600w for my flowering plant and all 3 15w T8's for these Blueberry's. I'm not giving them any nutes yet because they are still way too small and the soil should still have enough nutes to last another week or so, but I'll play it by sight. Here's a pic, (they look very young and weak, but I'll have them healthy within 2 weeks)

Seedling 3

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Bud shot, its kinda blurry (shitty cell phone pic) and its small for day 30 of 12/12, but thats because I've been having issues with fungus gnats, my HPS bulb kept going out and now its under 3 weak ass T8's. Once I get my 600w bulb these buds are gonna explode :D

Side flower

neverbreak

neverbreak

looking good lex, really dig that big plant. she has beautiful form to her. ya trained her well!

get on top of that bro before it gets outta control. those things can devastate if you let them. give bti a whirl, it's good shit.

neverbreak

Top Bottom