Bodhi Apollo 11f4 And Other Strains

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have a really strong feeling she'll know. I was a GA major in school, and honestly, I suck. But my professor was also really stuck on this whole thing he had against computer design, so he insisted that we do everything by hand.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah, I think she messed with a couple of the photos last night, actually. Think it was the last one of the Prayer Tower I just posted, because looking at it, I noticed it looked more like what the plant actually looks like. Leaves looked good and dark green, like they look in person, and the crystals stood out more. I'll ask her in a second.

Minitiger

Minitiger

What format are you shooting in, and can you download GIMP and UFRaw onto your computer? If you're shooting in RAW format, I can work the red outta those using UFRaw in GIMP. It takes some playing with levels, but another great tweak is to learn how to use the white balance dropper thingy.

Actually, thinking about it, I could probably get better color even if it's just a jpg or png format.

Those cats ain't gonna help you out, unless maybe you get them totally baked. Was there an opportunity for that?

Btw, I keep forgetting, you're in Pascal Baudar territory! He does wild foraging, fermenting, all KINDS of stuff to do with wild foods and he's down in the LA area. I've wanted to go on a walkabout with him, do one of his classes, something, but I can't really. Hold on, lemme link you his new book. His photos, which he does all himself, are seriously amazing, too.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Wildcraft...&qid=1454174089&sr=8-1&keywords=pascal+baudar

Ok, back to weed and photos. You can change the exposure setting, but know that the lighter areas will end up "blown out" and it's actually easier to retrieve information from an underexposed shot than from an overexposed shot.

Never heard of Pascal Baudar, but I'm definitely down for some foraging and fermenting, I'll look into that. I wonder how much a class costs. Pretty broke at the moment, but I may be able to shell out like $250 for a class. Hopefully it costs less than that, but if he could also give me some photo tips, then bonus! I'll check out that book in a bit, sounds real interesting.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Ok, I've done some futzing. I can't find a gamma adjustment in GIMP anymore, the GUI has changed a bit. But I used automatic white balance then played with color balance a bit until I got something that I *think* looks more realistic. Because this is just a jpg, I can't really dig into exposure and stuff like that, that's where RAW format is best.

Tell me what you think, @Minitiger

View attachment 568636

Definitely looks better.

Minitiger

Minitiger

@hiiipower Made a point to get my nose in the PT last night and try to get a good idea of the smell. Very "chem-y." Lots of burnt rubber and just full on Chem funk. The citrus thing that was going on last week wasn't as noticeable. It's still there, but it's more of a "Burnt rubber/fuel/classic "Chem smell" smell. In other words, it smells fucking AWESOME haha! I looooove the way Chems smell and taste, so if the Lemon Thai levels out the racy feeling that I get from some Chems sometimes, then I'll do another big run of that strain and find my keeper.

That was with the bigger of the two Prayer Towers, btw, the smaller one isnt as stinky, but like I said, it looks like that one's gonna take longer than the big one, so I expect it to start getting louder in a little bit. Both look and smell dank as fuck, though.

Gotta say, too, it's very difficult to get a handle on any of the smells on any of the plants besides the Apollos. They're just overwhelming everything right now. Literally, the second I open the tent, all I can smell is pineapple Cheetos. I know I've already said this, but Bodhi described the nose spot-fucking-ON.

Starting to get real fucking stoked.....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Looking good. Apollo 11's look the same. Prayer tower's look way different from each other. Getting interesting!

Yeah, depending on how the PTs smoke, im probably gonna do a twelve seed run next time with six Apollos and six Prayer Towers. I so didn't plan this grow right, but next run will be planned down to a T. Or whatever haha.

I dunno if it's because it's a little crowded in the tent or what, but the big Goldstar's developing a burnt rubber smell, too. The eucalyptus thing is still going on, too, but it's mostly burnt rubber right now. And I take all of the plants out of the tent and water them by hand, so I dunno why I'm getting "burnt rubber" from the Goldstars, but I am. Whatever. I don't care what they smell like, they look bomb as fuck hahaha!!!! Motherfuckin' Bodhi.... Haha.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Nice that will give you a really nice look at Prayer Tower.

The burnt rubber smell is funny to me. Always reminds of the rubber floor mat smell in an auto shop. Haha

Minitiger

Minitiger

Nice that will give you a really nice look at Prayer Tower.

The burnt rubber smell is funny to me. Always reminds of the rubber floor mat smell in an auto shop. Haha

Yeah! That's exactly what the big Goldstar and the lone Clusterfunk smell like. The CF is almost exclusively "burnt rubber." The big Goldstar has that, too, big-time, but it also has so much other shit going on, too. Like I said, menthol/eucalyptus/pine/all kinds of shit hahaha.

I know I've already said this, but the reason I started these four strain is just because I don't see these anywhere. I have multiple packs of various Bodhi strains that you can get everywhere. I really wanted to grow the strains that aren't on every dispensary's list at the moment. I'll grow the Goji's and Sunshine Daydreams et al out eventually, but that shit's everywhere right now. I don't see the point in taking my time to grow a strain that's available right down the street at every dispensary in LA, ya know?

Minitiger

Minitiger

What format are you shooting in, and can you download GIMP and UFRaw onto your computer? If you're shooting in RAW format, I can work the red outta those using UFRaw in GIMP. It takes some playing with levels, but another great tweak is to learn how to use the white balance dropper thingy.

Actually, thinking about it, I could probably get better color even if it's just a jpg or png format.

Those cats ain't gonna help you out, unless maybe you get them totally baked. Was there an opportunity for that?

Btw, I keep forgetting, you're in Pascal Baudar territory! He does wild foraging, fermenting, all KINDS of stuff to do with wild foods and he's down in the LA area. I've wanted to go on a walkabout with him, do one of his classes, something, but I can't really. Hold on, lemme link you his new book. His photos, which he does all himself, are seriously amazing, too.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Wildcraft...&qid=1454174089&sr=8-1&keywords=pascal+baudar

Ok, back to weed and photos. You can change the exposure setting, but know that the lighter areas will end up "blown out" and it's actually easier to retrieve information from an underexposed shot than from an overexposed shot.

Man, I checked out Pascal Baudar, that dude has classes all around me! And they're only twenty bucks! They look pretty bad-ass, too. Definitely gonna go on a few hikes with him, just gotta get my girl enthused haha. Mentioned something about it to her a few minutes ago and she was like,"Oh.... Really...?" haha. Didn't sound too stoked haha, but I'm sure she'll come around.

Minitiger

Minitiger

@hiiipower Just got done watering the tent. The big Prayer Tower is smelling extreeeeeemely "Green Crack-ish." Pretty much exactly like GC. Hoping that changes over the course of the next few weeks, but if it doesn't, I won't be mad haha. I expect it to change at least a little bit, though. Particularly considering the fact that last week it smelled like pure Chem funk without a hint of Green Crack.

Decided to check out Bodhi's Breeder Descrition on Breedbay the other day (for the billionth time haha)(I forget things sometimes and occasionally have to revisit what I've read haha). He said that the shorter, bushier ones are the Lemon Thai-leaning phenos, while the taller, stretchier ones lean Appalachian. Guess I got one of each...

So, uh, yay! for me, I guess haha.

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Pics soon... And when I say soon, I mean tomorrow night or the next night. Or maybe the night after the next night haha. But I'll do my best to get them posted ASAP.

Gotta say, my arms and fingers are, like, glued together. Very sticky, very impressive, blahblahblah etc etc haha!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Also, to the three people that're paying attention to this thread (thanks, y'all hahaha!!!), the Clusterfunk is getting fucking SICK! Straight up sour sour sour but at the same time, very deep hash smells. Getting more and more excited about that one. Pretty unique smell. Or at least one I've never come across before. Deep dark hash and and sour as fuck? Sounds good to me.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Must be getting close right?

The Apollos look like they'll be done within the next week. I mean, from just looks alone, they look done already, but I got a loupe the other day and checked the trichs; nary an amber one in sight.

What sucks is that, because of the seriously uneven canopy, the yield for the Apollos is gonna suck, unless they reeeeeally swell up in the last week of flower (fingers crossed haha). I haven't busted out the tape measure or anything, but for the last two or three weeks, they've been probably 2.5/3 feet away from the light. And some of the plants are so much taller than the Apollos that they've been kinda shading them, too (the gigantic fan leaves on the Clusterfunk have really been getting on my nerves haha). Waiting until last Tuesday to stake them probably didn't help much, either.

The big Goldstar looks like it won't be done for at least another month. Nothing but white pistils everywhere. Prayer Towers are gonna be a few more weeks, too, but sooner than the Goldstars. And man, I gotta say, one of the two tops on the smaller Goldstar is just becoming this gigantic tangled mess of bud. And I mean that in a good way. Noticed it last night, it looks incredible.

I'm just eager for the Apollos to finish, for obvious reasons. 1. I wanna smoke that shit haha! And 2. I need more room in the tent. Having four different strains in there is too many, they're all growing so differently that it's hard to make sure everything gets decent light. I may actually raise the Apollos tonight, just gotta figure out a way to do that. As "low tech" as this sounds, I may just put each one on a big stack of magazines or something. They need to be closer to the light fo sho.

Top Bottom