Bodhi Apollo 11f4 And Other Strains

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I don't get what happened?

Once I stuck an entire lb of herb in jars that wasn't quite dry. Left in the fridge for a week or so, and it smelled like sour cat piss when I opened it. Soured the heck out of the buds.

Is that similar to what you experienced? This all happened because your room was at 81%? For only half a day?

hiiipower

hiiipower

Damn bro........... I can't believe I just read all that. that is bummer.. for real..... I'm like speechless... I seriously can't believe that happened so quickly. Aw man, I feel for ya. Dont let it discourage you, come back even better. IMO the only difference between highly successful people and non isn't that they never failed, they just kept going when they did.

You got the most important stuff done anyways, we all wanna see the grow and pics. We can all look up the smoke report or high type on google in 2 secs, I'm more interested in seeing it actually grown out.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The RH won't cook plants, but high heat will. If you had a place to let those stinky bitches dry and cure, that's what I would advise because I've noted INCREDIBLE changes after a good cure. The one I talk most about is Longbottom Leaf. First cut and hung it stinks like gasoline, which I really REALLY don't like. I almost tossed her all those years ago for it. Instead, I walked away for two months, and I came back to Lemon Pledge/very slightly piney scent, it was WONDERFUL. And I'm sure you've heard of Longbottom Leaf, so.. yeah. There's that.

Minitiger

Minitiger

The RH won't cook plants, but high heat will. If you had a place to let those stinky bitches dry and cure, that's what I would advise because I've noted INCREDIBLE changes after a good cure. The one I talk most about is Longbottom Leaf. First cut and hung it stinks like gasoline, which I really REALLY don't like. I almost tossed her all those years ago for it. Instead, I walked away for two months, and I came back to Lemon Pledge/very slightly piney scent, it was WONDERFUL. And I'm sure you've heard of Longbottom Leaf, so.. yeah. There's that.

Yeah, that's what happened. It got hot as shit in the room and really really humid, too. As soon as I opened the door, I was like,"Holy shit...." I'm not kidding, it was like a sauna in there. That room starts getting REALLY hot once the sun reaches a certain position in the sky, but I didn't think that'd be until April or so. It's easy to deal with: just turn the AC on. But I guess the sun's reached that point already. I was kinda worried about the heat while I was at work yesterday and when I walked into the house, I was pleasantly surprised at how cool it was. But like I said, I walked into the room and knew shit was wrong. I seriously could've taken off all my clothes and had a steam or whatever they call it when you sit in a sauna. A sweat? Whatever.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I don't get what happened?

Once I stuck an entire lb of herb in jars that wasn't quite dry. Left in the fridge for a week or so, and it smelled like sour cat piss when I opened it. Soured the heck out of the buds.

Is that similar to what you experienced? This all happened because your room was at 81%? For only half a day?

Yeah, it happened quickly. It was the worst smell I've ever, uh, smelled. And it kept getting worse and worse. I trimmed all of the fan leaves off and a lot of the lower branches, thinking that that might facilitate air-flow and dry shit out. Sure, the buds might be a little crispy, but at least I'd save the plants, ya know? But like I said, the smell was so bad.... I stuck a towel in front of the crack between the door and the floor, I opened up the big tent and turned back on the fan and carbon filter, hoping that that might suck out the smell, didn't make a difference. I could smell it outside by the time I finally decided to just get rid of the plants.

Seriously, there's no way I'd smoke that bud. I started worrying for me and my girl's and my dog's health, to be honest with you. It smelled extreeeemely noxious. Poisonous. Whatever word you wanna use. It was kind of burning my throat, even. Like some sort of industrial chemical spill or something. For real, I just woke up a little bit ago (had a hard time falling asleep last night, for obvious reasons) and I'm afraid to go in there to see if the smell has at least dissipated. I don't ever wanna smell that again.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Damn bro........... I can't believe I just read all that. that is bummer.. for real..... I'm like speechless... I seriously can't believe that happened so quickly. Aw man, I feel for ya. Dont let it discourage you, come back even better. IMO the only difference between highly successful people and non isn't that they never failed, they just kept going when they did.

You got the most important stuff done anyways, we all wanna see the grow and pics. We can all look up the smoke report or high type on google in 2 secs, I'm more interested in seeing it actually grown out.

Thanks, bro. It was definitely bizarre. But yeah, it happened supr-quickly. I even left work early yesterday because it was slow. I was literally gone for eight hours and when I got home, well..... You know.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Good news, guys! Looks like I may be able to salvage some of this grow after all!!!!

IMG 2132

Wtf... That's pretty cool, huh? I was outside, getting ready to start recycling the soil and I saw this. Not that I needed one, but I'm gonna take this as a sign from nature or the Universe or gawd or whatever, telling me,"Keep growing, keep growing...." haha.

Okay, I'm officially over it.

Minitiger

Minitiger

It's funny about that Longbottom Leaf, because I was feeling the same way about the only Goldstar I chopped, last week. I was trimming it a couple nights ago and thinking,"Man, I reeeeaalllllyyyy don't like the way this smells...." But after a couple of days of burping and shit, I'm really starting to dig it. Maybe it's because that was the only plant that got a good dry (the Apollos really suffered from how arid it was here last week) and will get a proper cure, but yeah, definitely digging the way it smells right now.

Couple of nugs:

IMG 2135

IMG 2137

IMG 2134

I was kind of over trimming at that point, hence the shaggy job, but whatever. I don't mind. And since it's just for me.... But yeah, I was anticipating how much more trimming I had to do in the upcoming days. Little did I know.... Anyway, yeah, I'm digging the way it's starting to smell.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Also, I don't really like baseball all that much (football's a different story), I just like the white cover of that magazine. Good backdrop for bug shots and shit haha....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, got into the Goldstar "Larf Jar" tonight for the first time, and, uh, I'm fucking blown away. It's awfully fucking good. For real, I'm contemplating whether or not it's already cracked my "Top Ten List." Maybe even my Top Five. It's exactly what I was hoping for when considering a Sensi Star/Malawi Gold cross.

Sorry, y'all, having a hard time writing (or even thinking) haha. That's how good it is. Bordering on psychedelic "walls are breathing" type thing. Took me like five minutes to type the above paragraph haha.

Yep.... I'm grabbing another pack of these if they're still around. I'm not comfortable with only having six more seeds of this one. Like I said, I'm fucking blown away. Very trippy, but extremely comfortable, too. I've been smiling for two hours straight. The first hour or two (or three, or maybe it was a half hour, hard to tell) was waaayyyyy up. The end is definitely heavier than I'd like, but I kind of dig that aspect. And I bet if I'd have harvested a few days earlier, this heavy comedown wouldn't even happen. Shit, man, this one's real good, though.

Man, I'm having a really hard time typing. I'll elaborate more tomorrow, I can't write at the moment hahahaha!!!!

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Alright, I'm capable of typing now haha. Shit, man, last night? Super-impressive. The Goldstar, I mean, not what I typed haha. It really was bordering on "comfortably psychedelic," which is my absolute favorite high-type. Couldn't exactly see the keyboard on my iPad, was having kind of a hard time forming coherent sentences, couldn't stop smiling. It made me crank "Burning For You" by Blue Oyster Cult repeatedly haha. And I don't really listen to Blue Oyster Cult, sooooo, yeah, that's sayin' something right there haha! Although I do love that song.

And that was just off of three healthy bong rips from the Larf Jar. Taste-wise, I can't remember. Gonna blaze a j of it later today to get a better idea of the flavor, but I do remember that it was EXTREMELY smooth. No coughing or anything. The Apollo has been the same way, despite the fact that neither has been cured for long enough yet. I'm chalking that up to the method grown. Seems like Coots mix just grows plants that smoke very smooth. I mean, I smoke a little less than a pack of cigarettes a day and neither the Apollo nor the Goldstar has made me cough at all. Very, very impressed. And I'm not easily impressed, so....

Also, don't mean to be lewd or whatever, but I fucked my girl twice last night, so it seems to have a positive effect on sex drives, too. Seems to have a positive effect on everything, basically. I really couldn't stop smiling for three hours. Very, very, very good meds fo sho.

Checked out SVOC, Great Lakes, Cannazon and seedsman and none of them had the GS seeds in stock (bummer), so if anybody has a bead on where to get more of these seeds, lemme know ASAP, cuz I wanna grab another pack or two. Like I said, I'm not comfortable with only having six more seeds of this.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Alright, I'm capable of typing now haha. Shit, man, last night? Super-impressive. The Goldstar, I mean, not what I typed haha. It really was bordering on "comfortably psychedelic," which is my absolute favorite high-type. Couldn't exactly see the keyboard on my iPad, was having kind of a hard time forming coherent sentences, couldn't stop smiling. It made me crank "Burning For You" by Blue Oyster Cult repeatedly haha. And I don't really listen to Blue Oyster Cult, sooooo, yeah, that's sayin' something right there haha! Although I do love that song.

And that was just off of three healthy bong rips from the Larf Jar. Taste-wise, I can't remember. Gonna blaze a j of it later today to get a better idea of the flavor, but I do remember that it was EXTREMELY smooth. No coughing or anything. The Apollo has been the same way, despite the fact that neither has been cured for long enough yet. I'm chalking that up to the method grown. Seems like Coots mix just grows plants that smoke very smooth. I mean, I smoke a little less than a pack of cigarettes a day and neither the Apollo nor the Goldstar has made me cough at all. Very, very impressed. And I'm not easily impressed, so....

Also, don't mean to be lewd or whatever, but I fucked my girl twice last night, so it seems to have a positive effect on sex drives, too. Seems to have a positive effect on everything, basically. I really couldn't stop smiling for three hours. Very, very, very good meds fo sho.

Checked out SVOC, Great Lakes, Cannazon and seedsman and none of them had the GS seeds in stock (bummer), so if anybody has a bead on where to get more of these seeds, lemme know ASAP, cuz I wanna grab another pack or two. Like I said, I'm not comfortable with only having six more seeds of this.
LMFAO! Too lewd, bro. Jk.

Hey, I'm lazy and didn't read anything but the last post, so I hope this isn't terribly irrelevant, but how's Bhodi's gear? Any recommendations in particular? I like that he knows what's up with the Cali Kushs.

Tried to find a thread where this question would be appropriate, but got lazy and said "fuck it". Hope you don't mind.

Minitiger

Minitiger

LMFAO! Too lewd, bro. Jk.

Hey, I'm lazy and didn't read anything but the last post, so I hope this isn't terribly irrelevant, but how's Bhodi's gear? Any recommendations in particular? I like that he knows what's up with the Cali Kushs.

Tried to find a thread where this question would be appropriate, but got lazy and said "fuck it". Hope you don't mind.

I mean, they were all definitely easy to grow. 18/18 seeds germinated, four different strains. No problems really at all. The few problems I did have (micro nute deficiency early in veg and a mag deficiency about halfway through flower) had more to do with my soil mix than the plants. I love the Goji, although I haven't grown that one myself yet (got 2 packs waiting, though). His Ancient OG is also very nice. I've been blazing the Apollo 11 f4 larf and the Goldstar f4 (Sensi Star x Malawi Gold) larf lately and both I and the few people who've tried them have been very impressed.

So, yeah, his shit is good for sure. And easy, too. There's a Bodhi thread here at the farm. It's in the "Strains and Hybrids" section of "The Breeders Lab."

Minitiger

Minitiger

I will hit up hommie at SVOC and see if he can throw in a request to bodhi.

Two times huh, nice!
user351464_pic1378905_1421728729_thumb-gif.523707

Haha, yeah, guess I was just feelin' randy last night. And thanks for asking SVOC. It's definitely good bud, I bet outside you could get insane yields, because both of mine yielded really well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It made me crank "Burning For You" by Blue Oyster Cult repeatedly haha. And I don't really listen to Blue Oyster Cult, sooooo, yeah, that's sayin' something right there haha!
Pff. BOC is the SHIT! I've got a video I'll share privately. BOC was my first show.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Pff. BOC is the SHIT! I've got a video I'll share privately. BOC was my first show.

Hah! Metallica was my first show, the "And Justice For All" tour. Well, actually I saw Simon and Garfunkel in Central Park but I was like three at the time, so I don't count that one haha.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

The Lemon Thai-leaning Prayer Tower (kinda not looking so hot, huh?):

View attachment 575896

View attachment 575897

View attachment 575898

View attachment 575904

View attachment 575906

View attachment 575908

View attachment 575909

Man, the plant itself doesn't look the greatest, but those nug shots... I dunno what y'all are looking at these on, but we've got the newest, biggest Apple monitor (two of 'em, actually; no idea why my girl needs two of them to do her graphic design stuff, but whatever, I ain't complaining haha) and they look really good. Do you think that those fan leaves were turning yellow and drooping and shit just because she was nearing the end of her run? Or does that look like something "bad"?It had been two days since I watered, maybe that's all it is?
They look awesome from here matey

Minitiger

Minitiger

They look awesome from here matey

Damn @Mr Bee yous a little late to this party haha.

I found a little jar of the Apollo in the back of my cupboard the other day and was like,"Oh shit, let's see how it smokes now...." Pretty good, but not the greatest. The flavor's a little musky, but the cheesy pineapple is still there for sure. The high is definitely more "up" than it was back when I first chopped these plants.

I'm noticing that with all of the Bodhi strains I've grown so far, a really good long cure, like two months minimum, improves the fuck out of whatever strain I've grown. The Lotus Larry and the Tree of Life I grew after this Apollo run is soooooooo much fucking better now than it was even a month ago. I think they've been curing since early August and I finally opened my last jar of both the ToL and the Larry Lotus earlier this week. Flavors are off the hook. So good.

When I finish my current Goji and Mountain Temple grow, I'm not even gonna start sampling until they've cured for six weeks or so. It's just so fucking obvious how much they benefit from a really long cure.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I found strains like goji are of the chain tastes almost as soon as dry.of course theyr even better with a cure.
The reason I'm late Isi mentioned this thread on your other thread and u told a fella to "check it out" and I have a few appollos @appollo X sl so thought I'd take a wee swatch

Top Bottom