Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Okay, specs or whatever first, I guess:

5 x 5 Green Qube
Apache AT600
Coots mix for soil, at about 50% recycled and 50% "new" mix
6" inch Vortex for ventilation and a few fans here and there
Ummmmm.... What else? I dunno.

I sowed 8 Goji seeds and 6 Mountain Temples on August 22. The ones that actually sprouted were all above ground within five days or so. I plant my seeds directly into the soil mix, which might take a little longer, but it seems more natural to me, so that's how I do it. I have to say that of the eight Gojis I sprouted, only six broke ground. Of those six, three turned out to be serious mutants that didn't do anything at all, so they were trashed. I took the remaining three seeds from the pack and sowed those, too. None of those sprouted, sooooo..... Pretty disappointing. I have another pack, hopefully they do a little better whenever the day rolls around that I decide to grow those out.

Five out of six of the Mountain Temples sprouted. So out of 17 total seeds, I got eight plants. Really, really odd, since I've never had less than 100% germination rates before. I really can't put my finger on what might have caused such shitty germination rates, but whatever the reason, it left a bad taste in my mouth, until they started growing haha. They look really good now.

There were some issues the first three or four weeks of veg, mainly heat and humidity issues. It's been extremely hot and very, very dry in LA, especially the first few weeks of these plants' lives. I just could NOT keep the temps down or raise the humidity, even with two humidifiers running, so I eventually decided to just leave the tent open with a big-ass oscillating fan in front of the tent door or whatever when the light is on. Anybody who knows me and my extremely OCD ways knows that this is driving me crazy. I like to keep things as sealed and controlled as possible, but thus far, there's been no issues. And I don't expect there to be. Still, it's driving me fucking crazy to leave the tent open haha...

Straight water for the first thirty days, with the exception of an AACT applied a couple weeks in. Also gave them a TM-7 foliar around day 30, maybe a little earlier than that. I don't know why, but my seedlings always exhibit micronute deficiencies a couple weeks after breaking ground, even when I apply an AACT. The TM-7 foliar always fixes them right up, but it's still annoying haha.

Around day 30, I started watering with kelp meal tea, alfalfa meal tea, sprouted seed tea, aloe, potassium silicate, coconut water etc etc. Not all at once, obviously. Kind of been alternating straight water with "feedings" or whatever you wanna call it. They seem to be responding really, really well to all the various things I've been adding to the water, but I think I'm gonna just give them plain water for a week or so, simply because I don't want to overdo it. But they do seem to have benefited a great deal from the additives or whatever so far.

Forgot to mention, I also watered them with a little bit of all three packs of OG Biowar as soon as they broke ground and then added all three packs dry right underneath the root balls when I transplanted them from their "starter" pots to the half gallon pots I have them in now. If y'all aren't familiar with OG Biowar, get it now and USE IT. It's the shit.

Let's see, what else, what else..... Oh, I topped them about a week ago, most have responded well. Didn't really slow them down at all, new growth started almost immediately, so I guess that's a positive sign. I gotta say, too, that these plants look extremely healthy. Maybe the healthiest I've grown yet. There's a little yellowing on some of the leaf tips, which is why I'm gonna ease off on giving them anything but straight water for a little bit, but they still look really, really good.

Anyway....

Despite the fact that only three Gojis were viable, they're the best-looking plants in the tent. Two of them look very similar: huge fat-ass fan leaves, tallest out of all the plants, very vigorous looking. They're impressing me. The third, which is also impressing me, looks completely different. Much squatter, almost half the height of the other two Gojis, way-thinner leaves, extreeeeeeemely tight internodes. It's really difficult to even get in there and look for pre-flowers. The leaves look really Sativa-ish, actually. It looks really good, too, just totally different from the other Gojis. Here are the two similar-looking ones, Goji #4 and Goji #3:

View attachment 638435

View attachment 638436

View attachment 638438

View attachment 638439

Here's the thin-leaved one, #7:

View attachment 638440

View attachment 638441

It may not be the easiest to tell just how much thinner the leaves are and how much tighter the internodes are than the other two Gojis, but believe me, in person it's totally fucking obvious. Very, very different growth patterns. Which is good. I wanted a variety haha!

Anyway, Mountain Temples.... They're kind of all over the place, lots of differences amongst the five. A few of them already really, really reek. And I think the ones that stink are leaning towards the Appalachia, just because the smell really reminds me of the Prayer Towers I grew a while back. Gnarly, burnt rubber, gross haha. But I like it hahaha!!!

Anyway, here they are. Sorry for the shitty lighting in some of these pics.

View attachment 638442
View attachment 638444

#2 has been the most sensitive out of all of the plants. I'm not in love with it, but I like it a lot haha.

Here's #3:
View attachment 638445
View attachment 638446

#4:
View attachment 638447
View attachment 638448

#5:
View attachment 638449
View attachment 638450

#6:
View attachment 638451
View attachment 638452

If you can't tell from the pics, the Mountain Temples are really, really branchy.

So that's it. Gonna veg them for a couple more weeks, take clones, transplant blahblahblah. Oh, shit, almost forgot, it's looking like four confirmed females so far, maybe more. Like I said, it's really hard to get into some of these plants and check for pre-flowers, on account of the nodes just being so fucking close together. But I'm pretty sure I've spotted four females. So that's good.

Anyway, yeah, lemme know if y'all think I should be doing anything else. I don't like the yellow spots on some of the leaves, but I think that'll straighten itself out soon enough. Still, if anybody has any ideas, chime in.
That tight noded goji may b worth keeping as most go his are pretty tall and stretchy.shame about the poor germ rates.my problem with my first goji run was that the first 5 I ran all turned out male!every one!lol.got two females out the other half pack and I loved that shit.lovely earthy fuelley og.at the time of smoking it was probably the best weed I'd ever had-but remember,I stay in scotland were if I wanna try any strain except cheese I have to grow it myself.no dispensaries with menus n shit.just dodgey arseholes up a close with "tenner bags" which are usually not dry right and is less than a gram.thats wen its not "hash" -I use that term very loosely-that's really used car oil,hay wax,melted records,baby milk powder etc etc and maybe a gram o real trichomes for every ounce or two of the bullshit formula. Sorry started ranting there bri

Limonene

Limonene

Nive @minitger, nice. Looking forward to some marlon brando shots later on...

Ive grown both of these strains, we didn't keep the goji as all the cuts died but she is a really special refined lady, not a bad plant to be found in my opinion. The mountain temple i found is still doing the rounds in my area i think, huge buds, frosty, you will get on well with her I'm sure.

i read earlier u mentioned the auto flowering nut sacks, i have heard there is a possible auto flower trait in some gojis but it usually doesn't manifest till later generations. Might just be root bound like u mentioned.

You always have my favourite threads on the farm.

mancdank

mancdank

Ive grown both of these strains, we didn't keep the goji as all the cuts died but she is a really special refined lady, not a bad plant to be found in my opinion. The mountain temple i found is still doing the rounds in my area i think, huge buds, frosty, you will get on well with her I'm sure.

i read earlier u mentioned the auto flowering nut sacks, i have heard there is a possible auto flower trait in some gojis but it usually doesn't manifest till later generations. Might just be root bound like u mentioned.

:shockedninja: root bound did I see

Minitiger

Minitiger

That tight noded goji may b worth keeping as most go his are pretty tall and stretchy.shame about the poor germ rates.my problem with my first goji run was that the first 5 I ran all turned out male!every one!lol.got two females out the other half pack and I loved that shit.lovely earthy fuelley og.at the time of smoking it was probably the best weed I'd ever had-but remember,I stay in scotland were if I wanna try any strain except cheese I have to grow it myself.no dispensaries with menus n shit.just dodgey arseholes up a close with "tenner bags" which are usually not dry right and is less than a gram.thats wen its not "hash" -I use that term very loosely-that's really used car oil,hay wax,melted records,baby milk powder etc etc and maybe a gram o real trichomes for every ounce or two of the bullshit formula. Sorry started ranting there bri

I like how you're apologizing for your "rant," despite the fact that you bitch about the quality of the Scotland herb every chance you get hahaha!!! As if I've never "heard" you talk about that before haha.

Just fucking around, good to "see" you here. I actually like it when you talk about the shitty quality of your local weed, if for no other reason than it reminds me to be really, really fucking grateful for living in CA. I forget sometimes how lucky I am, but you always help me remember haha.....

I blazed some Goji that I had sitting around for a whiiiiiile a few days ago, probably bought it about six months ago and kind of forgot about it (see? I'm fucking spoiled haha). You're right, though. It is such a lovely strain. Pretty stoked I have two females right now, but bummed that that's all I got out of a pack of eleven seeds. I actually thought about emailing Bodhi about the shitty germination rates (no point in mentioning the M/F ratio to him, he doesn't have anything to do with that), but I decided I don't wanna be "That Guy." Still, I dunno..... What do you think? Should I bother him about that? The only reason I even considered it was because I've never had a seed not germ, never ever ever, so I was thinking maybe..... But I probably won't.

mancdank

mancdank

I like how you're apologizing for your "rant," despite the fact that you bitch about the quality of the Scotland herb every chance you get hahaha!!! As if I've never "heard" you talk about that before haha.

Just fucking around, good to "see" you here. I actually like it when you talk about the shitty quality of your local weed, if for no other reason than it reminds me to be really, really fucking grateful for living in CA. I forget sometimes how lucky I am, but you always help me remember haha.....

I blazed some Goji that I had sitting around for a whiiiiiile a few days ago, probably bought it about six months ago and kind of forgot about it (see? I'm fucking spoiled haha). You're right, though. It is such a lovely strain. Pretty stoked I have two females right now, but bummed that that's all I got out of a pack of eleven seeds. I actually thought about emailing Bodhi about the shitty germination rates (no point in mentioning the M/F ratio to him, he doesn't have anything to do with that), but I decided I don't wanna be "That Guy." Still, I dunno..... What do you think? Should I bother him about that? The only reason I even considered it was because I've never had a seed not germ, never ever ever, so I was thinking maybe..... But I probably won't.
A wise man once told me the squeaky wheel always gets greased first

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that you had grown the MT before. I'm really digging the way they're growing, with the exception of one of them, but that one's totally my fault. Around day thirty, I spilled all of the plants while I was watering and kind of accidentally tore one basically in half haha. In case you're curious, its the one in the left-hand corner of the back row in that last pic I posted. So that one seems to be.... I dunno. "Struggling" isn't the right word, but it does seem to be having issues. It's also the most Appalachia-leaning one, I think. Big ol' fat-ass fan leaves, the darkest green color that makes me think of Chems and shit....

Anyway, re: my spilling the plants: let that be a lesson to you, kids: don't drink and garden haha!

The Marlon Brando shots will be coming, @Limonene just gonna be about ten weeks before they do. I don't even try to get those shots, it's just my shitty-ass photographic skills sometimes somehow accidentally taking a shadow-y pic or three haha.....

Re: the autoflowering trait in the Gojis: did you mean later generations as in f2's, f3's etc? Or did you mean subsequent grows using the same clone? Just curious. If the autoflowering thing was happening with people's f2's and shit, don't you think that that could somehow be attributed to the person doing the selection, as opposed to the genetics themselves? Just a thought.... Y'all know I don't know shit, particularly when it comes to breeding, but yeah, I think that somehow maybe if people are f2/f3ing them (is "f3ing" a word?) and they were autoflowering, it could have something to do with their selection, rather than the strain itself. Enlighten me, limo.

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

I don't know what those posts mean @mancdank haha.
I shouldn't have brought it up in here bro sorry but I couldn't resist there's a angry little person in another thread who said root bounding is basically a myth and he's called toaster that looks like Danny davito and talks like Arnold swartzanigger if that's how u spell it or at least that's how I imagine the little shit to look like anyway :cry:

Limonene

Limonene

I shouldn't have brought it up in here bro sorry but I couldn't resist there's a angry little person in another thread who said root bounding is basically a myth and he's called toaster that looks like Danny davito and talks like Arnold swartzanigger if that's how u spell it or at least that's how I imagine the little shit to look like anyway :cry:
Yeah you're right. You shouldn't have brought it up.

Limonene

Limonene

I meant that a couple of people who've run the same clone have noticed it autoflowers after a few runs. Quite a few runs though. Goji is absolute fire! Looking forward to this grow a lot. Shame you didn't have at least a couple more ladies to choose from pal

Minitiger

Minitiger

I meant that a couple of people who've run the same clone have noticed it autoflowers after a few runs. Quite a few runs though. Goji is absolute fire! Looking forward to this grow a lot. Shame you didn't have at least a couple more ladies to choose from pal

The clone autoflowers.... How interesting.... I guess I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that if I keep either of these around and run them a bunch. Thanks for the head's up.

And I'm a little disappointed in the M/F ratio with these Gojis fer sher, but I have another pack, soooo.... Hopefully I'll have better luck with those, whenever I get around to 'em.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I blazed some Goji that I had sitting around for a whiiiiiile a few days ago, probably bought it about six months ago and kind of forgot about it (see? I'm fucking spoiled haha). You're right, though. It is such a lovely strain. Pretty stoked I have two females right now, but bummed that that's all I got out of a pack of eleven seeds. I actually thought about emailing Bodhi about the shitty germination rates (no point in mentioning the M/F ratio to him, he doesn't have anything to do with that), but I decided I don't wanna be "That Guy." Still, I dunno..... What do you think? Should I bother him about that? The only reason I even considered it was because I've never had a seed not germ, never ever ever, so I was thinking maybe..... But I probably won't.[/QUOTE
I'm pretty certain he'd put it right if I did but at the same time if those are the only probs youv had germing his beans then u can't complain too much as I know youv ran plenty o B gear

Minitiger

Minitiger

Just for shits and giggles, here's a couple of pics of one of the Mountain Temple males that I took out of the tent a few days ago. I dunno why, but whenever a plant shows male, I always take it outside and let it grow for a week or two. I think it's just because I really want to grow outdoors, wish I could.... And also, I like for them to see what life is like outside of the tent for a little while, before I kill them.

I'm thinking about keeping this one around for a bit, though. Gonna put it in a bigger pot today, mostly because I don't have anything else to do on this glorious Tuesday morning in Los Angeles....

Mountain Temple 6 Male

Mountain Temple 6 Male1

incogneato

incogneato

Just for shits and giggles, here's a couple of pics of one of the Mountain Temple males that I took out of the tent a few days ago. I dunno why, but whenever a plant shows male, I always take it outside and let it grow for a week or two. I think it's just because I really want to grow outdoors, wish I could.... And also, I like for them to see what life is like outside of the tent for a little while, before I kill them.

I'm thinking about keeping this one around for a bit, though. Gonna put it in a bigger pot today, mostly because I don't have anything else to do on this glorious Tuesday morning in Los Angeles....

View attachment 640832

View attachment 640833
FREEDOM! :cool:

Minitiger

Minitiger

FREEDOM! :cool:

Hahaha!!!! Yeah, gotta love it. Two summer's ago I was trying out a different soil mix than the one I use now and I planted something in it (think it was a Prayer Tower) outdoors in a big ol' pot. It got fucking HUGE. I had no intention of flowering it out, just wanted to see if the soil mix was any good (it was, but not as good or as cheap as the one I'm using now). Anyway, where I live there's a lot of helicopters flying by, hospital helicopters and the po-lice, and I was not worried. At all. I'll see if I can find a pic or two of that plant, really wish I could've flowered it out.

I fucking love California.....

incogneato

incogneato

Hahaha!!!! Yeah, gotta love it. Two summer's ago I was trying out a different soil mix than the one I use now and I planted something in it (think it was a Prayer Tower) outdoors in a big ol' pot. It got fucking HUGE. I had no intention of flowering it out, just wanted to see if the soil mix was any good (it was, but not as good or as cheap as the one I'm using now). Anyway, where I live there's a lot of helicopters flying by, hospital helicopters and the po-lice, and I was not worried. At all. I'll see if I can find a pic or two of that plant, really wish I could've flowered it out.

I fucking love California.....
Yea you guys have it made out there. Its a beautiful place on top of it. I worked out there for a year and enjoyed every day of it.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Whew! Showed up for the show just in time. I expect those MT's to be just massive, excited to see this grow, as usual. My camera just broke on me, so I'm gonna be down and out with the pics for a little bit. Glad I have this to keep me entertained for the mean time.

Show us a group shot of them. Know how many females so far?

Top Bottom