Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I stand corrected. None of the Mendo Purps/SSDD’s yielded well. I use pint mason jars for curing and ordinarily fill a minimum of four jars per plant (and four jars is on the way low side) and I didn’t get close to that with any of these plants. I filled one jar each for two of the plants, one and a half jars with two others and two jars (barely) with the last one, the #5. Seriously disappointing yields.

My recommendation to Bodhi for this particular strain is don’t bother releasing it. Or if you do, be sure to attach a massive disclaimer saying,”Warning: these plants don’t yield.” Having said that, it is definitely some of the tastiest weed I’ve come across. The inhale is really floral (which I don’t ordinarily like, but I do with this one), lavender and a stereotypical “purple weed” flavor. The exhale is unbelievably sugary. Very sweet, like a spoonful of sugar. And that’s only with a week’s cure. I look forward to seeing how the flavors develop. The high is pretty narcotic, which isn’t my favorite, but it has its place.

I still have those Big Sur Nigerian/NL2’s going, probably gonna chop them next weekend. Then I’m gonna take a couple week’s break and then sow some more seeds. I’m thinking some Pinball Wizard for sure, along with some of B’s old-school strains (Prayer Tower, Apollo 11 and the Goldstar f4’s). Anybody have some experience with the Pinball Wizard? I need some SSH crosses in my life haha....

I also have some “Cherry Sativa” crosses from Bodhi. Anybody know anything about those? I asked B about them and all he said was,”It’s from an old-school farmer. ‘Cherry Sativa....’ That’s all he said....” haha. So yeah, I don’t know what that is, but it sounds good haha! After blazing this Indica-leaning Mendo Purps/SSDD, I reeeeealllllyyyy want some Sativa action.
You ever check out ACE's sativa lineup? If not you should. They are pretty legit!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

You ever check out ACE's sativa lineup? If not you should. They are pretty legit!!!

Oh yeah, dude, I’ve definitely checked out Ace. Matter of fact, I was just reading through their lineup before I logged on here haha. I’m a weed nerd, what can I say? I really, really wanna grab some of their genetics, but I just have so many fucking seeds as it is. I feel like I should make a decent-sized dent in my collection before I start buying more seeds. But who knows? I’ll probably order some of their beans tomorrow.... haha!

@jumpincactus Have you ever grown any of their gear? Wha’d you think of it if you have?

HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz

@Minitiger Sorry to hear about the yields for the Mendo/SSDD's.

Just curious how you grew them, mud, water, coco...?

Minitiger

Minitiger

@Minitiger Sorry to hear about the yields for the Mendo/SSDD's.

Just curious how you grew them, mud, water, coco...?

I just use Coot’s mix, pretty sure you’re familiar with that. RO water. One thing I think might’ve fucked this grow up is I decided to try buildasoil’s little grow recommendations (which is an obvious attempt to simply sell more products, but I figured,”Fuck it.... Let’s see if they know what they’re talking about....”) and I alternated just clean water with various additives. So, like, I’d water with straight water, then the next watering I’d add an SST and some fulvic, or K Silicate, yucca extract etc etc. Just as an aside, fuck buildasoil. Or rather, maybe their recommendations work for big-ass 25 gallon no-tills. But they don’t work if you’re in smaller pots.

Honestly, I have to believe the combination of the three gallon pots I was using combined with dumping a bunch of shit into the water every other time I watered really fucked things up. I’ve gotten great results in three gallon pots before, usually an ounce per gallon of dirt, if not more. I grew B’s Tree of Life a few summers ago and got big-ass baseball bats, so I know that three gallon pots can work. But all my grows before this one were pretty much straight water and when I did add stuff, it was minimal and once every like two or three weeks.

My point is twofold. One: I’m done with three gallon pots. Next run will be in five or, more likely, seven gallons. And two: I’m going to take it really, really easy on adding shit to my water.

Having said that, I really do think it’s just the genetics of the Mendo Purps/SSDD that these low yields can be attributed to. I think it’s just a low-yielding hybrid. Maybe I could’ve topped and trained the shit out of them, but since I was testing, I figured I’d let them grow as naturally as possible. I did top a few of them once, but it wasn’t enough. Or maybe it was too much haha. I dunno.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh yeah, dude, I’ve definitely checked out Ace. Matter of fact, I was just reading through their lineup before I logged on here haha. I’m a weed nerd, what can I say? I really, really wanna grab some of their genetics, but I just have so many fucking seeds as it is. I feel like I should make a decent-sized dent in my collection before I start buying more seeds. But who knows? I’ll probably order some of their beans tomorrow.... haha!

@jumpincactus Have you ever grown any of their gear? Wha’d you think of it if you have?
No but a broski up WA way says their shyt is solid and he hasn't ever steered me wrong. Im hankering for some sativa thats well balanced myself. Getting burned out on the indie scene anymore.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I stand corrected. None of the Mendo Purps/SSDD’s yielded well. I use pint mason jars for curing and ordinarily fill a minimum of four jars per plant (and four jars is on the way low side) and I didn’t get close to that with any of these plants. I filled one jar each for two of the plants, one and a half jars with two others and two jars (barely) with the last one, the #5. Seriously disappointing yields.

My recommendation to Bodhi for this particular strain is don’t bother releasing it. Or if you do, be sure to attach a massive disclaimer saying,”Warning: these plants don’t yield.” Having said that, it is definitely some of the tastiest weed I’ve come across. The inhale is really floral (which I don’t ordinarily like, but I do with this one), lavender and a stereotypical “purple weed” flavor. The exhale is unbelievably sugary. Very sweet, like a spoonful of sugar. And that’s only with a week’s cure. I look forward to seeing how the flavors develop. The high is pretty narcotic, which isn’t my favorite, but it has its place.

I still have those Big Sur Nigerian/NL2’s going, probably gonna chop them next weekend. Then I’m gonna take a couple week’s break and then sow some more seeds. I’m thinking some Pinball Wizard for sure, along with some of B’s old-school strains (Prayer Tower, Apollo 11 and the Goldstar f4’s). Anybody have some experience with the Pinball Wizard? I need some SSH crosses in my life haha....

I also have some “Cherry Sativa” crosses from Bodhi. Anybody know anything about those? I asked B about them and all he said was,”It’s from an old-school farmer. ‘Cherry Sativa....’ That’s all he said....” haha. So yeah, I don’t know what that is, but it sounds good haha! After blazing this Indica-leaning Mendo Purps/SSDD, I reeeeealllllyyyy want some Sativa action.
Sounds like bodhi doesn't know much about those ,"cherry sativa" either.lol.

HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz

I stopped growing in anything larger than 3 gallons a long time ago, can't pick up much heavier anymore, lol!

I see lots of folks kill it indoors in water only mud, but I sucked at it! Rarely got more than a zip/gal.

Outdoors in big holes or pots, Coot's and the like is great, but going to coco inside, in 2-3g pots changed my game!

Coco's a bit more of a daily pain feeding every day, but for me beats the upfront on soil grows, plus any issue is fixed with a flush, and, at the least, I've been getting 2 zips per, good ones 4x.

I've seen some of your big buds, so I know you can grow, just sayin' a different method may pay off for difficult (for you) strains.

On the other hand, maybe the Mendo/SSDD is just that, a low yielder, and that's why it was a tester. Good on you for testing it... sometimes you get the bull, sometimes you get the horn, so thanks for your service!

Minitiger

Minitiger

I stopped growing in anything larger than 3 gallons a long time ago, can't pick up much heavier anymore, lol!

I see lots of folks kill it indoors in water only mud, but I sucked at it! Rarely got more than a zip/gal.

Outdoors in big holes or pots, Coot's and the like is great, but going to coco inside, in 2-3g pots changed my game!

Coco's a bit more of a daily pain feeding every day, but for me beats the upfront on soil grows, plus any issue is fixed with a flush, and, at the least, I've been getting 2 zips per, good ones 4x.

I've seen some of your big buds, so I know you can grow, just sayin' a different method may pay off for difficult (for you) strains.

On the other hand, maybe the Mendo/SSDD is just that, a low yielder, and that's why it was a tester. Good on you for testing it... sometimes you get the bull, sometimes you get the horn, so thanks for your service!

Yeah, I think the Mendo/SSDD is just a low yielding strain. The Big Sur Nigerian/NL2’s I’m running seem to be swelling pretty good. I think they’ll definitely yield better than the Mendos.

Honestly, with the exception of the Apollo 11’s I ran a few years back, I’ve never grown a strain that took less than nine weeks and usually more like ten or eleven. So maybe there was something I could’ve done to increase the yields on such a short-flowering plant. I dunno. Live and learn, I guess... Personally, I don’t really worry about yields, especially since Prop 64passed and I can’t take my weed to dispensaries anymore. But it is always nice when the yields kick ass.

Minitiger

Minitiger

No but a broski up WA way says their shyt is solid and he hasn't ever steered me wrong. Im hankering for some sativa thats well balanced myself. Getting burned out on the indie scene anymore.

Yeah, I typically only grow/smoke Sativa-dominant crosses, but I haven’t seen Mendo Purps around in so long that I figured this’d probably be my last chance to get some. It is definitely a little heavier than the Mendo Purps I used to get back in the day, though. Whatever. Now I have my bedtime weed for the next few months haha.

shaganja

shaganja

Running these 1212 from seed

More Cowbell #2
View attachment 847635
No give on the squeeze shes solid as and an amazing nose. Really impressed with this pheno, looking like a keeper and fast finisher.

Space Monkey #2
View attachment 847636
Can see why this strain is popular, this is one of three phenos running and they're all putting out and all a little bit different.

Tranquil Elelphantizer
View attachment 847637
Big and has a presence about her, sowed at the same time as the plants above, indica dominant plants are slower in 1212 from seed I've found, worth the wait though looking at her.

Black Raz
View attachment 847638
Smells like a sharpie visited a strip club run by..dirty whore raspberries...amazing
roflmao!! i logged in, just to say that shit is fkn hilarious!!!!! remind me not to go to that house of ill repute!!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Here's Ace' Malawi x Panama..Picture is a few wks old and now in flush at day 77 ! Bigly plant and my 1st real Sativa (sorta..LOL)

She's in a 3 gallon cloth pot and wants water daily..:(
3 21 19 1
3 21 19

Once again

Once again

Just made my 1st order of seed from Bohdi. Pinball Wizard and Lemon Penetration. Havent been able to find many comments on the quality of the smoke or flavor, nor have I been able to find many pictures of these strains. Anyone have any info tips or pics to share?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Just made my 1st order of seed from Bohdi. Pinball Wizard and Lemon Penetration. Havent been able to find many comments on the quality of the smoke or flavor, nor have I been able to find many pictures of these strains. Anyone have any info tips or pics to share?
never run those strains. prayer tower was righteous . Not sure if its still in his lineup.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

No.i,v struggled to find pics of some of his strains I,v had in the past.theres other forums that may have grow reports or pics of the strains u have.

Minitiger

Minitiger

When I was emailing back and forth with Bodhi, I mentioned that I preferred Sativas and he sent me a pack of the Pinball Wizard (along with a pack of the aforementioned Cherry Sativa cross AND a pack of Silver Mountain, free of charge, which just illustrates what kind of an awesome breeder he is, along with all of the evidence we have right here on this thread haha) and said it’d be right up my alley. I’m planning on running some of those next run and’ll post pics here. Not too sure when that’s gonna be, though. It’s starting to get hot in LA.... Too hot to grow, unless I wanna run my AC eighteen hours a day.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
When I was emailing back and forth with Bodhi, I mentioned that I preferred Sativas and he sent me a pack of the Pinball Wizard (along with a pack of the aforementioned Cherry Sativa cross AND a pack of Silver Mountain, free of charge, which just illustrates what kind of an awesome breeder he is, along with all of the evidence we have right here on this thread haha) and said it’d be right up my alley. I’m planning on running some of those next run and’ll post pics here. Not too sure when that’s gonna be, though. It’s starting to get hot in LA.... Too hot to grow, unless I wanna run my AC eighteen hours a day.
Can relate to the heat, phoenix here. :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: When you do pop those bodhi saties please be sure to post some pics of your run. Would be interested to try these if your run goes well and it is a balanced stone. Peace

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Goddamn hot in La.i,m sitting here in Scotland fuckin freezin and in the pissin rain.not to mention the wind .don't ever go on holiday to Scotland.
That was good o B to give u some free beans.he,s good that way.

Once again

Once again

With all the people on here with Bohdi grow experience, do most of you top your plant or keep them xmas tree/donkey dick. I have 1 Pinball Wizard and 1 lemon penatration going, both having Sativa lineage. Should I be concerned in the tent with the flowering stretch?

Top Bottom