Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

I have tried NL #5 x many many strains. When I was first starting around 96', NL #5 was some piney, super herb. You could yield like a king, and the herb was tasty and potent. Now days, I can not replicate that for the life of me. I have gone through 40 NL #5 seeds in the last two seasons alone, and was impressed with none of it. Did you see my THC test results on them? Kind of sad. The smell is blaw also.

I am not hating however. Some people really like a low odor strain. I guess I am looking for what I know NL #5 used to be for me, and nothing is living up to my memory.

Ok, I walked down to the fridge and checked it out. The other pack was Snow Temple. Whew, thought I got ripped off for a moment, lol.
Ahh snow temple.never heard of that.temple x sl?

Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry

Hey sorry to interrupt but I grow a few Bhodi strains. So far I've grown out Goji og, Ancient Og, Blueberry hill, Dream Lotus. I have just cracked a pack of white lotus and 15 synergy beans. I have another pack of white lotus and a pack of gold star waiting to see the lights also.

Limonene

Limonene

Hey sorry to interrupt but I grow a few Bhodi strains. So far I've grown out Goji og, Ancient Og, Blueberry hill, Dream Lotus. I have just cracked a pack of white lotus and 15 synergy beans. I have another pack of white lotus and a pack of gold star waiting to see the lights also.
nice bro. Which have been your favourites? Got any sexy pics?i missed out on the blueberry hill, have seen some excellent pictures of them though.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Word. Do you have the Goldstar f4's? I just planted five of those about a month ago. So far it looks like they lean very Sensi Star. Very tight internodes. They've also started developing this super-gorgeous blue-ish purple color. Could be because it's been getting a little too cold in my tent, but none of my other strains look like that. Pretty cool looking.

Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry

I grew out the goji and ancient og's together and lost them both due to a mite infection. I like the smell on the blueberry hill and it is one of the most resinous plants I've ever grown. it stretches like crazy for about 4 weeks and easily doubles in size after the flip. There was a pheno which i didn't get a clone of that had a main cola the size of a 2 liter bottle. I think the blueberry hill pheno I kept is pretty sativa like because of its stretch and 12 week flowering time.

The dream lotus stays fairly stocky at the flip and doesn't stretch too much. probably 6-8" in a loose scrog style. Buds develop some color late in flower espescially if they get cooler temps. it finishes in 9-10 weeks flower. buds are chunky looking and moderately dense.

Im really terrible at describing smells and tastes and highs. but its pretty good weed if you know what i mean.
I'm liking the way the white lotus are looking but they have a while before I bloom them out. I'm going to keep a male of the white lotus and synergy and make some crosses with them next summer. The dream lotus is a medium producer with lots of resin. No pics of them in flower but I've got some young moms and a bunch of seedlings i could take a pic of.

I crossed a male dream lotus to a CannaVenture purpleberry bx and will be playing with those seeds next summer. Hoping to find a short dense purple budded resinfactory that finishes in 8 weeks.

Edit to Minitiger, Yes I have a pack of the goldstar f4's. Im holding off of cracking them because Im unsure if i can fit a long flowering strain into my schedule. Im interested in seeing how long it takes to bloom them. I have grown a few landrace sativas and really hope the malawi stands out in this cross.

Last edited:
Limonene

Limonene

very nice descriptions. Ive run a fair few bodhi strains but i feel like i haven't even touched the surface. I have just harvested 7 ssdd and i got a couple of very nice phenos but not the structure i had last time i did them. Going to look in that line a bit deeper i think, really like it.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I grew out the goji and ancient og's together and lost them both due to a mite infection. I like the smell on the blueberry hill and it is one of the most resinous plants I've ever grown. it stretches like crazy for about 4 weeks and easily doubles in size after the flip. There was a pheno which i didn't get a clone of that had a main cola the size of a 2 liter bottle. I think the blueberry hill pheno I kept is pretty sativa like because of its stretch and 12 week flowering time.

The dream lotus stays fairly stocky at the flip and doesn't stretch too much. probably 6-8" in a loose scrog style. Buds develop some color late in flower espescially if they get cooler temps. it finishes in 9-10 weeks flower. buds are chunky looking and moderately dense.

Im really terrible at describing smells and tastes and highs. but its pretty good weed if you know what i mean.
I'm liking the way the white lotus are looking but they have a while before I bloom them out. I'm going to keep a male of the white lotus and synergy and make some crosses with them next summer. The dream lotus is a medium producer with lots of resin. No pics of them in flower but I've got some young moms and a bunch of seedlings i could take a pic of.

I crossed a male dream lotus to a CannaVenture purpleberry bx and will be playing with those seeds next summer. Hoping to find a short dense purple budded resinfactory that finishes in 8 weeks.

Edit to Minitiger, Yes I have a pack of the goldstar f4's. Im holding off of cracking them because Im unsure if i can fit a long flowering strain into my schedule. Im interested in seeing how long it takes to bloom them. I have grown a few landrace sativas and really hope the malawi stands out in this cross.

Yep, that's what I'm hoping, too. Really want to find a 12- or 14-weeker, if not this run (only planted five) then when I run the rest of the beans. But like I said, they don't look very Sativa-ish right now. That could always change once flowering starts, of course. I'll start a thread here when things get interesting, but that probably won't be for another month and a half or so.

H

happy b

15 synergy!nice.i really liked the synergy i had.nice yeilds a nice pungent skunky smell & taste.feel free to post up pics of any of your bodhi strains

H

happy b

Yep, that's what I'm hoping, too. Really want to find a 12- or 14-weeker, if not this run (only planted five) then when I run the rest of the beans. But like I said, they don't look very Sativa-ish right now. That could always change once flowering starts, of course. I'll start a thread here when things get interesting, but that probably won't be for another month and a half or so.
If you have the f4 gold star theyr more likely to have tighter nodes than the f1.

Minitiger

Minitiger

If you have the f4 gold star theyr more likely to have tighter nodes than the f1.

Yeah, I read Bodhi's description of the f4's, he made it pretty clear that he was breeding towards the compact Seni Star structure and quicker finishing time. I just hope that the f4's maintain a more Malawi-type high. If they finish in nine weeks, dont't stretch outta control and smoke more like Malawai than Sensi Star, I'll be happy. But it'd be pretty fucking cool to find a longer-flowering pheno.

The only real "report" (if you wanna call it that) I can find on the Goldstars is a a couple pictures and a very brief smoke report on some Bodhi thread on some site somewhere (there's a lot of Bodhi threads everywhere, can't remember which site it was right now). And if I recall correctly, they were the f1's, not the f4's. Dude got a "carrot pheno" and a "grape pheno" both of which took 14.5 weeks. Said they were bomb (big surprise.... Haha!).

As of right now, four of them look almost identical. The fifth is smaller than the others, growing a little slower, but they all look good.

Anyway, we'll see....

H

happy b

Yeah, I read Bodhi's description of the f4's, he made it pretty clear that he was breeding towards the compact Seni Star structure and quicker finishing time. I just hope that the f4's maintain a more Malawi-type high. If they finish in nine weeks, dont't stretch outta control and smoke more like Malawai than Sensi Star, I'll be happy. But it'd be pretty fucking cool to find a longer-flowering pheno.

The only real "report" (if you wanna call it that) I can find on the Goldstars is a a couple pictures and a very brief smoke report on some Bodhi thread on some site somewhere (there's a lot of Bodhi threads everywhere, can't remember which site it was right now). And if I recall correctly, they were the f1's, not the f4's. Dude got a "carrot pheno" and a "grape pheno" both of which took 14.5 weeks. Said they were bomb (big surprise.... Haha!).

As of right now, four of them look almost identical. The fifth is smaller than the others, growing a little slower, but they all look good.

Anyway, we'll see....
I have no clue about malawi but sensi star is an awesome strain.its been one of my top smokes of all time and my top dutch smoke.pungent as fuck and before i had ever had an og it was the most pungent strain i had ever had.the buds were a little leafy but the leaves were all coated in resin.
i think whichever way they goldstar f4 lean you,l enjoy em.

H

happy b

Got me before the edit:

The pack just says Temple x Snow Lotus.
They should be good.iv heard a few people speak highly of the temple.
bulldog do you ever think the snow lotus crosses you,v are similar?i havnt ran that many sl crosses because i fear that will be the case.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I fear the same, and so far, that is what I have observed.

Not that I've finished anything, but that's the EXACT reason why I chose the four strains that I started. Bodhi used a different male for each strain I'm growing (88g13/hp, Malawi, Appalachia and Apollo f3). I was just curious, I guess, plus I didn't want multiple strains that contained the same genetics. But yeah, after I planted I realized I didn't even start anything that he used the Snow Lotus male for.

Next round, maybe....

Top Bottom