Bog Bubble W/ Cree Leds - Old School, New School

• Thread starter Larry.G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Day 38 - Great smells, challenging leaves...

Good news first: Full-on, extra-strong, GRAPE BUBBLEGUM SMELL is here!!
I've read all those grow reports where people describe the smell of their plants as granola, bubble gum, spice, etc. but until now all the weed I've ever touched smelled like, well, weed. Dank skunky, smelly, weed. In fact, this grow was partly an attempt to dispel my skepticism about the potential smells of marijuana and find a plant that actually smelled like something other than a dead, wet skunk (which is why I chose BOG Bubble.)

I can't believe it, but I am here to announce that this lady wreaks of grape bazooka Joe. It's almost unsettling! Throughout the grow I noticed that this plant had a very distinct floral smell while the others smelled like more traditional skunky weed. This is why I selected her from the group and kept her going - I was hoping that it might be the bubblegum pheno and although I have no idea how she'll taste, she definitely wreaks of bubblegum. Very fun.

A challenge keeping her leaves green.
Last post I mentioned that some of the middle leaves were yellowing with inter-veinal chlorosis. Some folks here mentioned it looked like magnesium or calcium deficiency (with possible P deficiency based on the purple stems). Every day since my last post the yellowing got slightly worse and spread to new growth with some necro spots/burnt tips.

The runoff was a little high at 7.3-7.5 so my plan was to try and reduce stress on the plant as much as possible and correct the deficiency.

I dimmed the lights down to 35 watts/sqft. (I find that dimming the lights slows the progress of any problems and gives me time to react.)
I added some extra ventilation to keep daytime temperatures at 80 and below. They were creeping to 83/84.
I PH'd my distilled water down to 6.0 (citric acid) and added 4-4-4- organic nutes.

Yesterday, I watered with 2 ml/Gal of Cal-mg+ and within 24 hours noticed a difference in overall plant health. Photos below were taken 24 hours after the first feeding of Cal-Mg+ so you might not notice, but I think I'm going to continue feeding Cal-Mg until finish.

Lessons learned.
Next grow I'm going to have my soil mix tested to ensure that the nutrients are available before I begin so that I'm not playing this guessing game.

Also, I noticed that in the beginning when my plants started yellowing in solo cups, I up-potted them to 1 gal containers and the yellowing went away immediately. After a few weeks, they yellowed again and I up-potted them to 3 gal root-makers and again, the yellowing went away. Then they yellowed after a few weeks of flowering but I didn't have the room for 5 gal pots.

Could it be that the plant is just burning through the calcium/magnesium and since I'm using distilled water - I really do need to supplement? Probably hard making this call without a soil sample, but makes sense. I've been hesitant to supplement cal-mag because of all the posts about how it's unnecessary and really just an issue with PH locking those nutes out, but my runoff is now down to 7.0, so I think these plants just tear through calcium.

Enjoy the photos! Thanks for all the suggestions and comments, appreciate them all.

View attachment 689965

View attachment 689966

View attachment 689967

View attachment 689968

View attachment 689969

View attachment 689970

View attachment 689971
BOG and his beatiful bride are old skool breeders. You can count on solid meds from them each and everytime.

He has been round the block a thousand times and holds some very good genetics from the dayz of old. @Nspecta can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BOG has some of the original Indiana Bubblegum in his arsenal. Could be wrong tho. Indiana BG is another pot legend from the 70'2 80's

Every strain of BOG's I have run over the years, I have always had a hard time keeping it on the shelves, so to speak. :D:smoking::fire::fire::fire::fire:

The reason I tagged @Nspecta is because besides being a great breeder of cannabis he is a veritable encyclopedia of strains, their origins and can and does dispell many pot myths and will set the record straight.

chronic68

chronic68

BOG and his beatiful bride are old skool breeders. You can count on solid meds from them each and everytime.

He has been round the block a thousand times and holds some very good genetics from the dayz of old. @Nspecta can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BOG has some of the original Indiana Bubblegum in his arsenal. Could be wrong tho. Indiana BG is another pot legend from the 70'2 80's

Every strain of BOG's I have run over the years, I have always had a hard time keeping it on the shelves, so to speak. :D:smoking::fire::fire::fire::fire:

The reason I tagged @Nspecta is because besides being a great breeder of cannabis he is a veritable encyclopedia of strains, their origins and can and does dispell many pot myths and will set the record straight.
there's a local dispensary in Denver called l'eagle and they carry original Indiana bubblegum there like $30 for a clone never bought from them so i cant vouch if its real one way or the other.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Nice log. Good to see another LED user around.

I sprout my seeds under my LED (Apache AT 600, supposed to be equivalent to a 1000 watt HID) at about a distance of two feet (I just eyeball it, no need to bust out the tape measure) and my plants always stay very compact and bushy. My light doesn't have any sort of dimmer or anything, it just blasts away and there doesn't seem to be any sort of negative impact at all. I don't know too much about CREE's, so I don't know if they're just too intense for seedlings, but I always figured, you know, seeds sprout outdoors in full-on sunlight and they grow just fine. Works the same way in my tent, too. I'm only bringing that up because of one of your initial posts. After four grows with my Apache, it's very clear that plants just stay ridiculously compact and bushy when the seeds are sprouted under it. Doesn't matter the strain, the internodes stay very, very tight. Like eight inches tall with eleven internodes-tight.

Other than that, looks like you know what you're doing and getting good advice from fellow thcfarmers. I will say that I use essentially the same mix as yours; the only difference is I mixed it myself. I also use RO water rather than tap water and I've never, ever used a ph pen for either my water or my soil, although I do own one for my water. I have no idea what the ph of anything is in my grows and they look fine to me. They smoke pretty good, too. So, yeah, just a thought that maybe you might want to look into an RO unit in the future?

Did you ever water with an AACT, btw? That really seems to kick everything into gear, especially when the soil mix is new. I usually water my plants with one when I transplant from their seedling containers into their veg containers and then again when I transplant to their flower containers, although two might even be a little overkill. At least one ACT is always good, though.

Oh, and OG Biowar. Get it! Get all three packs. Maybe not this late into flower, but for future grows, I'd highly recommend it. It is the SHIT. Matter of fact, I'm gonna head up to the store later today to get myself their Roots and Foliar packs (the Nute pack lasts forever with smaller grows, so I still have some of that) as I've run out. I can't recommend it enough.

Anyway, yeah, your plant's looking great! And I promise I'm not some sort of OG Biowar shill haha! It's just really, really good stuff.

Larry.G

Larry.G

Nice log. Good to see another LED user around.

I sprout my seeds under my LED (Apache AT 600, supposed to be equivalent to a 1000 watt HID) at about a distance of two feet (I just eyeball it, no need to bust out the tape measure) and my plants always stay very compact and bushy. My light doesn't have any sort of dimmer or anything, it just blasts away and there doesn't seem to be any sort of negative impact at all. I don't know too much about CREE's, so I don't know if they're just too intense for seedlings, but I always figured, you know, seeds sprout outdoors in full-on sunlight and they grow just fine. Works the same way in my tent, too. I'm only bringing that up because of one of your initial posts. After four grows with my Apache, it's very clear that plants just stay ridiculously compact and bushy when the seeds are sprouted under it. Doesn't matter the strain, the internodes stay very, very tight. Like eight inches tall with eleven internodes-tight.

Other than that, looks like you know what you're doing and getting good advice from fellow thcfarmers. I will say that I use essentially the same mix as yours; the only difference is I mixed it myself. I also use RO water rather than tap water and I've never, ever used a ph pen for either my water or my soil, although I do own one for my water. I have no idea what the ph of anything is in my grows and they look fine to me. They smoke pretty good, too. So, yeah, just a thought that maybe you might want to look into an RO unit in the future?

Did you ever water with an AACT, btw? That really seems to kick everything into gear, especially when the soil mix is new. I usually water my plants with one when I transplant from their seedling containers into their veg containers and then again when I transplant to their flower containers, although two might even be a little overkill. At least one ACT is always good, though.

Oh, and OG Biowar. Get it! Get all three packs. Maybe not this late into flower, but for future grows, I'd highly recommend it. It is the SHIT. Matter of fact, I'm gonna head up to the store later today to get myself their Roots and Foliar packs (the Nute pack lasts forever with smaller grows, so I still have some of that) as I've run out. I can't recommend it enough.

Anyway, yeah, your plant's looking great! And I promise I'm not some sort of OG Biowar shill haha! It's just really, really good stuff.

Lots of good information in there, thanks for the post.
- Agree about the LED keeping the plant compact and bushy. I can't believe how stout this plant grew.. it's incredible.
- I'd like to get an RO unit just to eliminate variables but the current location of my grow vice the kitchen sink make this impractical for now.
- It's interesting that you bring up AACT. I have not used it - I know, I know - mostly because I've running a tiny indoor grow (literally down to 1 plant) and so scale is an issue. Is it even practical to brew a gallon at a time? Another big reason is that I've read conflicting university reports on it's effectiveness, although I know most farmer swear by it. If I could figure out a simple way to brew something in small batches, I'd love to give it a shot.
- OG Biowar, a few friends who grow fantastic stuff recommended this as well, funny that you brought it up here. I have to give their trio a shot next time around, looking forward to trying them out.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Re: the RO unit: they make countertop units that you can install that don't require messing anything up. And when I say "messing anything up" I only mean that, for my particular RO unit, a hole had to be drilled in the top of the sink where the RO's spigot could be installed, next to the spigot of the sink itself. I dunno if that was your concern, but yeah, they make countertop units that don't require any drilling or anything else that might otherwise mess up your sink or countertop.

Re: an AACT: fuck those conflicting university reports haha! Seriously, though, they're extremely beneficial. I mean, if you have good, old, recycled soil I could see an AACT maybe not being necessary (although I've been increasing the amount of recycled soil to newer soil in my pots and I still water with an AACT and probably won't ever NOT do that). Alls I know is that, particularly early in veg, the vigor of my plants noticeably increases as soon as I add a compost tea.

I can't remember. What size pot are you growing in? I think it'd be practical to brew a gallon ACT regardless of the pot size, although I understand your thinking. I did the math for you: in a gallon of water, you'd want to add 1.25 (1.28, to be exact) tablespoons of molasses and .375 cups of EWC or compost to one gallon of water. I'm not sure if the fact that it's being brewed in a smaller amount of water than teas are usually brewed in would affect the amount of time you'd need to brew or not (I don't think it would). Do you have any houseplants? Or plants in your yard or anything? Do you have any excess soil sitting around that you're planning on using for future grows? I always just add my excess AACT to the containers of soil I have sitting in my garage. Like when I add the initial tea to my vegging plants. Those plants are growing in half-gallon containers and I usually don't have more than ten or twelve plants to water at any one time, so there's always plenty of excess tea. And I have like seventy gallons of soil waiting in the garage, for when it's time to fill up the flower containers, so I just dump the extra tea on that soil.

Obviously, I'm thinking of your next grows, not this particular one. You only have a few weeks left before you chop, right? So all of what I'm saying is intacipation for the future.

And re: OG Biowar: listen to your friends. Get it.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
there's a local dispensary in Denver called l'eagle and they carry original Indiana bubblegum there like $30 for a clone never bought from them so i cant vouch if its real one way or the other.
If it is the IBG it's prolly a watered down many times hybrid version crossed with something else. I knew the crew that was turning and burning that strain and none of them are even active anymore. I would venture to say it's maybe close but not the real deal. Like my poppa always told me, as you go thru life son, " believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see" Peace

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

If it is the IBG it's prolly a watered done many times hybrid version crossed with something else. I knew the crew that was turning and burning that strain and none of them are even active anymore. I would venture to say it's maybe close but not the real deal. Like my poppa always told me, as you go thru life son, " believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see" Peace

Worrrrrd.... However, if half of what I see is fire-ass nugs....

I'll take that half.

Larry.G

Larry.G

Re: the RO unit: they make countertop units that you can install that don't require messing anything up. And when I say "messing anything up" I only mean that, for my particular RO unit, a hole had to be drilled in the top of the sink where the RO's spigot could be installed, next to the spigot of the sink itself. I dunno if that was your concern, but yeah, they make countertop units that don't require any drilling or anything else that might otherwise mess up your sink or countertop.

I have to look into one of these units. Let me know if you have one you'd recommend.

Re: an AACT: fuck those conflicting university reports haha! Seriously, though, they're extremely beneficial. I mean, if you have good, old, recycled soil I could see an AACT maybe not being necessary (although I've been increasing the amount of recycled soil to newer soil in my pots and I still water with an AACT and probably won't ever NOT do that). Alls I know is that, particularly early in veg, the vigor of my plants noticeably increases as soon as I add a compost tea.

I can't remember. What size pot are you growing in? I think it'd be practical to brew a gallon ACT regardless of the pot size, although I understand your thinking. I did the math for you: in a gallon of water, you'd want to add 1.25 (1.28, to be exact) tablespoons of molasses and .375 cups of EWC or compost to one gallon of water. I'm not sure if the fact that it's being brewed in a smaller amount of water than teas are usually brewed in would affect the amount of time you'd need to brew or not (I don't think it would). Do you have any houseplants? Or plants in your yard or anything? Do you have any excess soil sitting around that you're planning on using for future grows? I always just add my excess AACT to the containers of soil I have sitting in my garage. Like when I add the initial tea to my vegging plants. Those plants are growing in half-gallon containers and I usually don't have more than ten or twelve plants to water at any one time, so there's always plenty of excess tea. And I have like seventy gallons of soil waiting in the garage, for when it's time to fill up the flower containers, so I just dump the extra tea on that soil.

I'm growing in 3 gallon root-maker pots. I do have houseplants and a little garden, so maybe I should just do five gallons of tea and use it on the garden (and yeah, I also have extra soil laying around that could probably use a wake-up call).. that's a good idea.

Obviously, I'm thinking of your next grows, not this particular one. You only have a few weeks left before you chop, right? So all of what I'm saying is intacipation for the future.

And re: OG Biowar: listen to your friends. Get it.

Yeah, I think I'll chop in little less than two weeks. Learned a lot this grow, looking forward to avoiding the greening/tip burn issues next time around. Will post some new photos in a few days.

Larry.G

Larry.G

Day 47 - Still learning... went too aggressive on the nutes...

Around day 25 I noticed some interveinal chlorosis and light tip burn (wrote about this in my previous posts). Most farmers suggested I was likely seeing a magnesium or calcium deficiency. I was watering with distilled and feeding 1/2 strength every watering.

Thing is, around day 35 it suddenly seemed to be worsening every day along with dark purple petioles. I panicked and convinced myself that I was about to lose the crop because I had been feeding so "lightly." I thought the plants were generally underfed and needed an N-P-K boost, even though I had been feeding a combination of Better Organix and Dr. Earth Bloom (and some occasional Kelp) every watering up to that point.

I now think that they weren't underfed and that farmers were spot-on. I tried to correct the "underfeeding" and think I made a mistake.

Nute burn to a crisp? Or something else?
My "solution" was to top-dress my pot with about an inch of leaf compost/ProMX but just for good measure, I sprinkled in a teaspoon of general dry chemical ferts listed as 15-15-15 (I know, seems insane now)... In a few days, a few dark green fan leaves looked like this:

Flower day 47 leaf problem 1

... and the small dark green leaves that run up the colas are now show dark copper edges like this:

Flower day 47 leaf problem 2

Flower day 47 leaf problem 3

I think this is nutrient burnt and that any previous deficiency was probably caused by lockout from over-feeding with the organics rather than from under-feeding N-P-K.

My solution: Flush. Then no more feeding from here on out. Water only.
Three days ago (day 44 of flower) I flushed the 3 gal pot with 2 gal of distilled water at 7PH. I know that checking soil runoff PPM/EC isn't an exact science but the initial runoff measured at 6.4EC, which seems high, even considering there might be some error in that number. After flushing, the runoff measured 2.0EC. The photos below were taken 72 hours after first flush. I plan on watering with nothing but distilled water from now until harvest (+/- 10 days) to see if I can salvage things.

Flower day 47 a

Flower day 47 b

Flower day 47 c

Flower day 47 d

And a stem shot just because I can't get over how thick and knarly this stem is.. You can see where I HST'd the cola stems early in veg. Seemed to work in creating knuckles and fattening them up. Don't know if that does anything, but wanted to play around with it this grow.

Flower day 47 e

Let me know if you think my hypothesis makes sense or if I'm missing something else.

jipp

jipp

yeah nute burn for sure. laughs. i did the same thing to my solo cup 17 entry.. burnt the tip on a few leafs but backed off. however, in flower man it must be a real balance to take care of it.
but if you re like me you learn more from your mistakes.. so keep it up my friend.

rock on, happy 420
chris.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Day 47 - Still learning... went too aggressive on the nutes...

Around day 25 I noticed some interveinal chlorosis and light tip burn (wrote about this in my previous posts). Most farmers suggested I was likely seeing a magnesium or calcium deficiency. I was watering with distilled and feeding 1/2 strength every watering.

Thing is, around day 35 it suddenly seemed to be worsening every day along with dark purple petioles. I panicked and convinced myself that I was about to lose the crop because I had been feeding so "lightly." I thought the plants were generally underfed and needed an N-P-K boost, even though I had been feeding a combination of Better Organix and Dr. Earth Bloom (and some occasional Kelp) every watering up to that point.

I now think that they weren't underfed and that farmers were spot-on. I tried to correct the "underfeeding" and think I made a mistake.

Nute burn to a crisp? Or something else?
My "solution" was to top-dress my pot with about an inch of leaf compost/ProMX but just for good measure, I sprinkled in a teaspoon of general dry chemical ferts listed as 15-15-15 (I know, seems insane now)... In a few days, a few dark green fan leaves looked like this:

View attachment 693109

... and the small dark green leaves that run up the colas are now show dark copper edges like this:

View attachment 693110
View attachment 693111

I think this is nutrient burnt and that any previous deficiency was probably caused by lockout from over-feeding with the organics rather than from under-feeding N-P-K.

My solution: Flush. Then no more feeding from here on out. Water only.
Three days ago (day 44 of flower) I flushed the 3 gal pot with 2 gal of distilled water at 7PH. I know that checking soil runoff PPM/EC isn't an exact science but the initial runoff measured at 6.4EC, which seems high, even considering there might be some error in that number. After flushing, the runoff measured 2.0EC. The photos below were taken 72 hours after first flush. I plan on watering with nothing but distilled water from now until harvest (+/- 10 days) to see if I can salvage things.

View attachment 693114

View attachment 693115

View attachment 693116

View attachment 693117

And a stem shot just because I can't get over how thick and knarly this stem is.. You can see where I HST'd the cola stems early in veg. Seemed to work in creating knuckles and fattening them up. Don't know if that does anything, but wanted to play around with it this grow.

View attachment 693118

Let me know if you think my hypothesis makes sense or if I'm missing something else.

Yeah, you may have overdone it re: trying to "correct" everything. This late in flower especially, just let it do its thing and finish up and then maybe do things a little differently next run. Although, to be honest, with the exception of the Mg lockout your plant was showing earlier, there really didn't seem to be much that needed to be corrected.

I will say, I totally get worrying about things maybe a little too much during your first grow or three. I fucking freaked OUT over every little thing my first two grows. And I mean EVERYTHING. Humidity a little too low? Like 37 percent instead of 45? Freaked out. Some sort of weird yellow-ish spot on one of the leaves? Freaked out. Temps maybe rose into the low 80's? Freaked out.

Eventually I realized that cannabis is what we know it is: a weed. It's a very resilient plant. I think that more problems arise when people start trying to correct every little thing, rather than just letting the plant do what a plant do. If your soil is all good, then you don't really have to worry about much. But yeah, try not to worry too much about it. Things correct themselves, for the most part.

jipp

jipp

one thing i read that help me.. do not go looking for problems if everything seems to be growing. laughs.. yah stupid logic.. but its working so far.

yeah i found 1 bug and freaked out , laughs.
it was none plant related.. i was like man fuck iv been super clean.. doing what im told, reed.. wtf..

at least you w ill have some smoke tho and ist better than what you can buy here at the local disp laughs *( shames the grower again )

so you have done good. happy 420 :)

chris.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Forgot to mention, too, that the dark purple petioles is something that's relatively common in indoor grows. Again, it's something one (one meaning ME haha) freaks out about their first few grows, but after a while, it's just a given. Some plants just develop purple petioles genetically (I think; my Clusterfunk that I grew last year seemed predispositioned to purple petioles, while others just do that for whatever reason), but I don't think that it affects yields or even overall plant health in the long run.

Point is: don't worry too much about it. And definitely don't try to "fix it." Especially this late in flower.

Minitiger

Minitiger

one thing i read that help me.. do not go looking for problems if everything seems to be growing. laughs.. yah stupid logic.. but its working so far.

yeah i found 1 bug and freaked out , laughs.
it was none plant related.. i was like man fuck iv been super clean.. doing what im told, reed.. wtf..

at least you w ill have some smoke tho and ist better than what you can buy here at the local disp laughs *( shames the grower again )

so you have done good. happy 420 :)

chris.

Dude, seriously.... I've seen a few gnats lately in my tent. Those will all be taken care of after a few applications of OG Biowar's Foliar pack. But even if I wasn't using that, I wouldn't worry too too much. Healthy plants have a tendency to take care of themselves. Like, for real, there are gnats in my soil right now, but the plants themselves look healthy as a motherfucker. So I don't worry too much.

Having said that, I'm gonna get rid of those gnats asap. And all organically, too!

Larry.G

Larry.G

yeah nute burn for sure. laughs. i did the same thing to my solo cup 17 entry.. burnt the tip on a few leafs but backed off. however, in flower man it must be a real balance to take care of it.
but if you re like me you learn more from your mistakes.. so keep it up my friend.

rock on, happy 420
chris.

Thanks! Learned so much this first grow, mostly to relax and let the plant do it's thing. Looking forward to my next shot at this.

Yeah, you may have overdone it re: trying to "correct" everything. This late in flower especially, just let it do its thing and finish up and then maybe do things a little differently next run. Although, to be honest, with the exception of the Mg lockout your plant was showing earlier, there really didn't seem to be much that needed to be corrected.

I will say, I totally get worrying about things maybe a little too much during your first grow or three. I fucking freaked OUT over every little thing my first two grows. And I mean EVERYTHING. Humidity a little too low? Like 37 percent instead of 45? Freaked out. Some sort of weird yellow-ish spot on one of the leaves? Freaked out. Temps maybe rose into the low 80's? Freaked out.

Eventually I realized that cannabis is what we know it is: a weed. It's a very resilient plant. I think that more problems arise when people start trying to correct every little thing, rather than just letting the plant do what a plant do. If your soil is all good, then you don't really have to worry about much. But yeah, try not to worry too much about it. Things correct themselves, for the most part.

Thanks MT. I laughed reading your post (esp. the part about humidity, temperatures, etc. Have you been in my head?) I tried so hard not to react to small changes in the plant, but I eventually freaked out enough to try and drastically change things. Water from here on out. Overall she doesn't look horrible, still smells great and I can see some frost on the buds. I'm crossing my fingers. Thanks for all the guidance and advice, really appreciated.

Already secured some fresh EWC from a local farm to brew some AACT for my next grow.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Thanks! Learned so much this first grow, mostly to relax and let the plant do it's thing. Looking forward to my next shot at this.

Thanks MT. I laughed reading your post (esp. the part about humidity, temperatures, etc. Have you been in my head?) I tried so hard not to react to small changes in the plant, but I eventually freaked out enough to try and drastically change things. Water from here on out. Overall she doesn't look horrible, still smells great and I can see some frost on the buds. I'm crossing my fingers. Thanks for all the guidance and advice, really appreciated.

Already secured some fresh EWC from a local farm to brew some AACT for my next grow.

I guarantee that this will be the most satisfying weed you've ever smoked. And I say that because no matter the strain, no matter the potency, no matter whatever, weed grown by yourself is the best ever haha! I just like knowing what the inputs were in any given grow. I know for a fact that my weed is 100 percent organic. That, more than anything else, is what matters to me. Might I have to hit a j two more times than usual? Yeah, maybe. But the way my herb tastes, the way it smokes, two more hits isn't a bad thing. And honestly, the weed I grow is pretty dang strong. I'm certain you'll be pleased with what you're growing. I'm actually stoked to see this grow, if for no other reason than I've been considering getting some BOG gear.

Anyway, yeah, you're all good. Eliminate any more inputs, straight water from here on out and I feel confident you won't be disappointed with your results.

Gotta love growing your own!

Larry.G

Larry.G

Day 54 - I think we're getting close...

About ten days ago I completed a gentle flush (few gallons of plain H2O for the 3 gal pot) and she seems to have stabilized. Leaves are slowly yellowing, which I think is a good thing at this phase, but no additional burnt tips or chlorosis (everything you see is from the past.) Overall she sort of looks like she's been through a war but that's where I want her right now.

Now the big decision. When to chop?

BOG says this strain is a very fast finisher, in 40-50 days. Since I probably haven't grown her under ideal conditions, I haven't chopped her yet even though I'm at day 54. From what I can see under magnification, trichomes are 50/50 milky/clear with zero amber. Pistils are 60/40 red/white, overall autumnal appearance and yellowing leaves, but she's still taking up water. I really don't want a couch-like stone but maybe it might pay off to be patient at this point.

I've also noticed a few tiny nanners that poked out a few weeks ago (and they are not growing at all). Not sure if this was from stress or just reaching the end of flowering.

I know the close-up shots aren't ideally focused, but I wanted to share - what do you think?

Flower day 54 1

Flower day 54 2

Flower day 54 3

Flower day 54 4

Flower day 54 trichs

Flower day 54 trichs b

chronic68

chronic68

Day 54 - I think we're getting close...

About ten days ago I completed a gentle flush (few gallons of plain H2O for the 3 gal pot) and she seems to have stabilized. Leaves are slowly yellowing, which I think is a good thing at this phase, but no additional burnt tips or chlorosis (everything you see is from the past.) Overall she sort of looks like she's been through a war but that's where I want her right now.

Now the big decision. When to chop?

BOG says this strain is a very fast finisher, in 40-50 days. Since I probably haven't grown her under ideal conditions, I haven't chopped her yet even though I'm at day 54. From what I can see under magnification, trichomes are 50/50 milky/clear with zero amber. Pistils are 60/40 red/white, overall autumnal appearance and yellowing leaves, but she's still taking up water. I really don't want a couch-like stone but maybe it might pay off to be patient at this point.

I've also noticed a few tiny nanners that poked out a few weeks ago (and they are not growing at all). Not sure if this was from stress or just reaching the end of flowering.

I know the close-up shots aren't ideally focused, but I wanted to share - what do you think?

View attachment 695796

View attachment 695797

View attachment 695798

View attachment 695799

View attachment 695794

View attachment 695795
id harvest if you have nananers popping up this late

Top Bottom