Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BOG Sour Boggle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BOG Sour Bubble

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Myco

Myco

Thanks for the kind words guys! The aroma of the #5 Sour Strawberry really is a unique and special sort of funk, I'm excited to see how this translates to taste. I could see this being a hit with the ladies ;)

I wish they had an app for the iPhone where you could capture the smell and send it to somebody else that would be freaking awesome lol
Hell yes it would be, just think of the possibilities. Actually, some university has begun to develop some sort of apparatus that does exactly that - albeit not as simple as an iPhone app. But based on that principle. The machine "sniffs" and records a particular smell, basically develops a chemical "code" or recipe for that aroma, then has some large array of various fragrances used to recreate the smell, which could then be saved, sent, etc to another user that has that piece of equipment. Probably will be a while before the average citizen could purchase such a thing, but maybe someday! And being that cannabis has very complex aromas, (as well as many of the same terpenes found throughout nature) I think cannabis would be a prime candidate for it's use.

Breeding can be done many ways but if you want to reduce the flowering time of the lemon haze use a lemon haze male on a faster female of the other strain. Normally more characteristics come down from the mom than the dad but this won't always hold true due to the dominant characteristics of some strains.

Another problem might be that th finished product flowers faster but is more like the mom strain. For this reason your mom may need to be the lemon haze. All breeding is a crap shoot where you may know all the numbers on the dice but you never know how they will combine for a total. Good luck!

Myco, things are getting interesting now...good job brother! ;). Bog
Way to drop some knowledge BOG, good info. And thank you man! You've done a great job with these genetics, I'm very proud to grow them. Much more to come! I also have 3 Sour Grape ladies just as far along, they are a bit slower that the SSK's but they're starting to really take shape. Will be back with more pics soon enough.

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Scratch and sniff fold out pin ups have been used. The ladies have a scratch and sniff spot near their...

I smelled one once but it didn't smell like a vagina at all. More like perfume.

All kidding aside breeders have theories but I try not to go by anyone elses theories. What I have learned is from my own experience.

The truth is that the reason so many fine strains have been developed is because so many breeders are trying everything. Sometimes you do roll doubles.

Myco

Myco

Couple more pics. The entire room is coming along very nicely, I'm quite pleased with this run overall... but am pretty stoked on this strawberry pheno of SSK aka Sour Strawberry, pheno #5. This aroma is absolutely intoxicating in it's own right. Looks like she'll go the 9 week duration...

Ssk5 03

And then we have my Sour Lifesaver #2. I absolutely love this clone... she appears to be a low yielding cut, but come harvest one of these average sized bushes will give me 3-4oz, which is average for this setup and my methods. Rock hard buds, good calyx to leaf ratio, good structure all around, and a very loud, penetrating OG/fuely type of stank. There's 6 of these ladies in a room of 30+ girls, sealed room with a circulating fan with carbon filter, and this is the strain that I smell when I walk into the room. Give her a little pinch/rub smell test, and my mouth literally waters lol. Gah... I fucking love cannabis.

Sls2 08

Sls2 09

Sls2 10

Greatness to be found in BOG's genetics, yessir.

Sls2 07
Sourpower420

Sourpower420

Lovely plants Myco I definitely have to get some BOG genetics in my stockpile can't wait till I get my white widow and white rhino beans next week I am so stoked to run a new type of genetics from the stuff that I have been running

Myco

Myco

Check out this Sour Strawberry pheno, BOG. If this girl had the aroma that #5 had, she'd be the clear winner hands down. There's more color apparent in person as well, doesn't really show up very well in the pic, but the colas have a pink shimmer to them, hard to describe. I still have lots of hope for her, but she definitely will be finishing up soon. I'd had my sights on this one from day one... Awesome structure and looks to be a great yielder as well, but she has a very bland, earthy aroma. Never know what a cure may bring out though, so I'm certainly not writing this pheno off.

Ssk3 01

Annnd... my other Sour Lifesaver pheno, #1. Still rock hard buds, just a bit more rounded, less "OGish" in appearance, a little less loud pungent funk and more of a candy funk, but more frost and a bit more punch.
Sls1 04

Ohh shit and a Sour Grape...

Sg00 01

Couple other Sour Grape phenos to show later on... they are all clearly going to be going 9 weeks from the looks of it. Still have some other phenos to show as well.

Good vibes and happy gardening everyone :)

Myco

Myco

Thank you @MrsBOG, your kind words mean a lot :) You guys have done an excellent job creating your strains! Makes it easy to find some winners. Speaking of, I don't know how I forgot some pics of my Sour Bubble queen... Here she is today at 49-50 days. She'll be done very soon...

Sb3 07

Sb3 08

Sb3 09

Me and these ladies are surely going to be partying very shortly :D

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Check out HT issue May 2014, page 69 ;) and notice the second most potent strain at 27.72% THC is A-Dub?

Sour Bubble is listed in the heritage! The same goes for the LA Cup winner, Gorilla Glue 4!

The number one most potent strain is Bruce Banner 3 and it mentions a Ghost OG from the Overgrow days. That one is the most potent strain ever tested according to HT and their new testing standards but we still have a way to go.

Sour Bubble as a young clone was once tested at Montana State University using ether as solvent and other strains were also tested for total resin content. It was 30.5 % and that resin weight is about equal to the total resin weight of the best strains.

In reality most of that weight is THC because SB is quite low in CBD and CBG with both totaling only a little over one percent. Sour Bubble can test with the best I assure you.

Your pic of that SB suggests the OG type eh? :)

Myco

Myco

Cool shit man! A-Dub looks fucking amazing from what I remember (and actually resembles SB a fair bit)... if I recollect, it's Sour Dub x Aliendawg - so it's 25% Sour Bubble, awesome ;) That Sour Dub, I need to get my effing hands on that.

My Sour Bubble clone is certainly potent, when I found her on my selection run 6 months or so ago, the 3oz she yielded went entirely to my head, I saved those buds for the Myco-stash for sure. I'd be really curious to get her tested... I've thought about sending in a few samples - if I do I'll post the results here. And yep she's very similar to an OG, her aroma is pretty much spot on sour earthy kush, with a unique savory sort of funk. Not the lime pheno I was hoping for but, I'll get my hands on a limey SB pheno someday.

I did keep a lime-candyish smelling male with good branching structure from the original pack, which I still have, and pollinated a branch of the lady pictured above - will be curious what I may find among those beans.

But with that being said, at some point I'm going to nab another couple backs of SB in a search of that lime funk.

BOG - when you get some time man, you should dig up some flowering pics of your SB mom to share :) Thank you for creating this strain :D

Sb3budshot03

Sb3budshot04

I think I've posted those here before, but fuck it, they're pretty enough to look at again...

Sourpower420

Sourpower420

What I meant to put on this thread was that I just order blue kush and sour LSD and I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about how they grow. Do they respond good to topping and super cropping? And what kinda feeders are they light medium or heavy? Again sorry for the mix up I was switching back and forth between threads and mixed the two up won't happen again tho and I'd be more careful. I didn't even realize I did it until I logged back on and read you guys comments.

Max Frost

Max Frost

Beautiful bro!! Wow! Sooo frosty!!

I actually found my old avatar from back in my old days when my s/n was Max Yield. This was the Blue Moon Rocks I kept in my room for so long! Great yielder, frosty, potent as hell and just delicious & beautiful!!! Best, -Max

BMR

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Sure we have pics of our SB mom in veg...

Haven't done a thread on SB yet because we can't keep them in stock for more than a few hours. ;)

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

high man, i just got the heads up that my payment has been recieved for my order of Bobblegum and Sour Boggle and i was wondering if you could give me some insight as to what i can expect, ...i see you all talking much abour Sour Bubble but not Sour Boggle, does that mean the Sour Bubble is better?

...i expect there are maybe a thread or two you could point me at?

...btw, i hope you won't mind and if you do you can just ignore my effrontery but i've taken the liberty of cleaning up the link in your sig and if you would like i'd be happy to share the simple steps required so all your future links will be cleaner and easier to read.

Buy Bog Seeds at THCBAY!!!

...you should be able to just highlight and then copy and paste it into your sig and it should then look just like it does as i've posted it above. (you should also have the ability to format the text so it displays in any color you might prefer or in a different font or just larger or smaller type)

anyway, thanks in advance for any info or links regarding the Bogglegum or the Sour Boggle.

peace, bozo

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Sour Boggle is a great choice and while Sour Bubble is now a famous progenitor of the hottest new strains Bogglegum has won a HT Cup!

Bogglegum is highly renowned as a high yielding medical strain for many years. Crossing to Sour Bubble was part of my souring project to create more indica sided versions of my strains.

Sour Boggle was a first cross recently back crossed and one inbred. The new seeds are going out now and many had great results from the first crosses. The high is strong but less couchy so it's a good daytime tripper. The taste is where this strain excels.

I will be doing a demo of the current selected clone mom soon.

Sourpower420

Sourpower420

I looked at all the seed companys and their pics of the products and BOG is BY FAR!!!!! THE BEST looking collection I have saw . Props to BOG and his OUTSTANDING work as a breeder! Quick question for BOG can we expect any new crosses or different strains in the future or are you gonna stick with the collection you have now for awhile?

Latest posts

Top Bottom