Bong terms??

• Thread starter iamachavvy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

Yeah but not everyone can dish out the cash or find a decent priced Toro and so what if they're old school? It worked.. right? That's like saying all old school cars, music, anything isnt good because they arent right up there with the brand new technology on the market! :P

kinda my point, u can get a toro or sg for the same money as a roor. maybe not a high end toro or sg, but ... model t's worked. but ill bet u a toro that itll lose to a geo metro in a drag race. so, no. newer isnt just better, better is better.

aleYarok

aleYarok

Yeah but not everyone can dish out the cash or find a decent priced Toro and so what if they're old school? It worked.. right? That's like saying all old school cars, music, anything isnt good because they arent right up there with the brand new technology on the market! :P
you can get a sg stemline on aqualab, one of the sponsers on the left, for $300. thats a fuckin steal!!!

lol dont get me wrong roor and sheldon still hit nice, better than a dry piece, but no where near as good as an sg.
and lol i do have both a sheldon black (bought over a year ago when i didnt know shit about glass, highly highly regret it, could have gotten something much better for same price) and a roor (was given to me)
im dying to get myself an sg or toro

R

RareDanknessRep

Innovation is dope, but end of the day, it's all about airflow.

I came out the gate talking shit about SB & Illadelph - especially cause of their egos - but using the same HMK oil dome, the SB & the Illadelph for whatever inexplicable reason definitely rip cleaner than the Toro or the HVY.

That doesn't mean they look better - or that they're tougher pieces as far as durability - but if you're talking about delivering rips, they do not disappoint.

That said, Ghost's tubes are some of the best looking pieces of glass art I've ever seen. I was over at Suite G (the dude who innovated the tree perc & handled a lot of the US Roor stuff after Sheldon Black split) a year or two ago and he was showing me the alien fetus chambers that Ghost sent him - WOW - very seriously awesome shit.

And yeah, the $10k illadelphs are absolutely outrageous rip-offs - but their glycerin coils are dope and their downstems are some of the best.

roor and sheldon are old school.... hardly any innovation...

now check out all the sweet things companies like toro and sg are making... shit will blow your mind.

toro:
SG:
Mobius:
new tubes by ghost:
us tubes:
migrant:
SWISS:

the really long threads you should start from the back as thats where the most recent stuff is. like that toro thread is 4 years long, so all the stuff at beginning is ooollllddddddd (but still sicker than a roor).

lol roor and sheldon dont have shit on any of those tubes

R

RareDanknessRep

That said, i'm definitely grabbing that moebius at the next CHAMPS show (hopefully they'll be at BIG in August)

aleYarok

aleYarok

Innovation is dope, but end of the day, it's all about airflow.

I came out the gate talking shit about SB & Illadelph - especially cause of their egos - but using the same HMK oil dome, the SB & the Illadelph for whatever inexplicable reason definitely rip cleaner than the Toro or the HVY.

That doesn't mean they look better - or that they're tougher pieces as far as durability - but if you're talking about delivering rips, they do not disappoint.

That said, Ghost's tubes are some of the best looking pieces of glass art I've ever seen. I was over at Suite G (the dude who innovated the tree perc & handled a lot of the US Roor stuff after Sheldon Black split) a year or two ago and he was showing me the alien fetus chambers that Ghost sent him - WOW - very seriously awesome shit.

And yeah, the $10k illadelphs are absolutely outrageous rip-offs - but their glycerin coils are dope and their downstems are some of the best.
sg and toro has unbelievable flow, and clears so quickly, while still being smooth and flavorful... imo its a worlds difference between a SB and SG when smoking flowers.

btw smoking oil and smoking flowers is a completely different hit. with oil its better to have a smaller piece and less diffusion (so much flavor and punch to the face and still smooth). check out all the small oil rigs the artist have been making recently... some with the can as tiny as a golf ball.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

like these?

im seriously considering getting rid of my coil, cause i use the waffle in the background almost exclusively for the superior difusion and flow. even smokin flowers, as i usually smoke j's, and save the bongs more for concentrates and have a nice lil collection of globes n curves

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I want a bubbler that I can use as a regular pass around piece(ie not a one hitter bowl piece)and use as a HMK Ti pad oil piece. Any ideas?

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

theres lots of different types that have GonG bowls so u can put any bowl on. some have inline
perks, those usually have super low drag/high difusion. my buddy got a luke wilson 15 arm bub from alt couple weeks ago. its sick but kinda large so if your lookin for somethin small, i think a few brands have a smaller inline with GonG bowl u could put a curve on. but if youre just lookin for an oil rig, those can be tricky since alot of times they blow em to look a certain way n not always to flow smooth although they look SICK. all this tlk about toro's i gotta say i always thought the micro's were kinda in between a bub/bong , n work awesome layin on the couch :D

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Anyone every hit the Sg stemline 50 x 5? Thinking about grabbing one from ALT for $310 + shipping.. Seams like a steal. Really want a king or mini king stemline but ALT doesn't have them in stock. Anyone have any experience with the 50mm ? Im sure it hits smoothe as fukk. Should be strait for my first SG piece... Whata ya think fellas? ~ODB~

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

odb, its almost identical to my waffle(in the background of the pic i posted) only with one perk instead of two. the flow on these tubes is awesome, super clean hits and it rips. just not the volume as a king stem but i dont need to kill myself on every hit. so in the end its all about what your usin it for and whats gonna put a smile on YOUR face, not mine. but, im lovin mine
-Dz-

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
This is what i'm looking for, but I'd like to see it with a shower head instead of the 7 arm perc. That shower head on the micro is hot! Love how the bubbles look! I just don't need a bong. I want something super SiC looking and easy maintain. I keep my pieces clean and clean after like 3 sessions. I use the Formula 420 1 minute stuff. Works well. Either way I like the Syn pieces. Though I'm not married to them and will get something else if the price is right and it's what I'm looking for. Worst case I cop this one. Thoughts....

Cheers,
Crom

Syn 7 arm bubbler
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Yeah I used to use it. But tried this stuff and just never went back. Not sure why lol

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I clean that much only if necessary. I just hate ash and gunk build up. Especially on a clear piece. I haven't ever dropped the chedda to get a sci piece, but I want to experience one. I also don't like that the piece I pictured has an attached bowl. I already have a bubbler with an attached piece. I want to be able to switch out slides.

Cheers,
Crom

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

i keep mine dirty, lol. busy weekennd...

the micro is only an inch taaller than the 1 u showed, these microverters are tiny, an ashcatcher with a mouthpiece... but pricey

S

Shady Acres

Croms- hit me up, I have a wholesale order coming from Oregon...all oil bubblers.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
lol I thought that that bong was electroformed copper at first! lol This is the size head I want in it but the same size as the first pic I posted.

Syn full size shower head
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
This is what I want, just need to find the best price.
DSC_0032_copy__53457_std.jpg

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

nope, just too busy to clean it. thats what mondays are for :D

second one is not my pic, but these seemed too big to really be a bub, but i guess its what u r talkin bout

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Yeah I hear ya on the size factor. I don't want a large tube to clear as much as I want a proper hit with a smooth smoke. I want to see the difference between a regular piece and these scientific glass pieces. From what I have seen/heard/read scientific glass offers the best rip when smoothness is wanted.

Top Bottom