• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Here's my tip for you.
The longer the veg- the less the relative yield. Use more plants to fill the scrog as fast as possible. Also the longer you veg the more chance there is for something to go wrong.
I haven't seen any definitive proof but I've seen a lot about larger plants producing better buds although, longer veg doesn't necessarily mean larger plants. Clearly. No offense because I know that was the point.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Here's my tip for you.
The longer the veg- the less the relative yield. Use more plants to fill the scrog as fast as possible. Also the longer you veg the more chance there is for something to go wrong.

Very curious about this. Do you mean this in reference to a scrog setup, or in general?

growsince79

growsince79

I haven't seen any definitive proof but I've seen a lot about larger plants producing better buds although, longer veg doesn't necessarily mean larger plants. Clearly. No offense because I know that was the point.
I can clone my plants at 3-4 weeks and flip the original and get huge buds from it. Then veg the clone for 2 -4 months and the buds quality, density and potency are exactly the same. No one on earth can possibly tell them apart. Those who say otherwise are just repeating wrong info or not growing them the same.

Miiikke

Miiikke

Here's my tip for you.
Are you saying the longer you veg, the less the plant will yield?

growsince79

growsince79

Very curious about this. Do you mean this in reference to a scrog setup, or in general?
In a 2x4, I can veg 4 plants one month and get the same yield as if I did 2 plants for 2 months. If I'm trying to max yield, a scrog is the way to go. Lately, I'm just growing tiny plants with no concern for yield. Seeds are free and I like variety. I flipped these 14 days from sprout. Got 39 grams off the tall one and 46 off shorty. Oh and if I had defoliated, I would have got way less.

Last edited:
Miiikke

Miiikke

Is there a way to use the aquarium CO2 generators to bleed out in the air, or does it have to go through water?

growsince79

growsince79

Are you saying the longer you veg, the leas the plant will yield?
No, I'm saying the longer you veg the less your space will produce in the same amount of time. Relative yield - grams/sqft/day

Miiikke

Miiikke

Is there a way to use the aquarium CO2 generators to bleed out in the air, or does it have to go through water?
I think that would be better then a 5 gl bucket setup
No, I'm saying the longer you veg the less your space will produce in the same amount of time. Relative yield - grams/sqft/day
gotcha, the question will be, will my yield on one plant and space have beaten 2 regular grow cycles in that space, and if all you can get is a few oz in a 3x3 in 3.5 months then Id say 1 to 2 lbs would be worth it for a 7 month cycle, with a clone ready to hop in flower right behind the mother every 2 months. 1 to 2 lbs every other month per plant in rotation using 3x3 spaces for each flowering plant🤷🏻‍♂️ But can you use the aquarium CO2 generators for an air leak or am I missing something?

growsince79

growsince79

gotcha, the question will be, will my yield on one plant and space have beaten 2 regular grow cycles in that space, and if all you can get is a few oz in a 3x3 in 3.5 months then Id say 1 to 2 lbs would be worth it for a 7 month cycle, with a clone ready to hop in flower right behind the mother every 2 months. 1 to 2 lbs every other month per plant in rotation using 3x3 spaces for each flowering plant🤷🏻‍♂️ But can you use the aquarium CO2 generators for an air leak or am I missing something?
Wrong. You can get a pound in 3.5 months. There's a limit to how much will fit. You can't get two pounds in that space no matter how long you veg.

Miiikke

Miiikke

Wrong. You can get a pound in 3.5 months. There's a limit to how much will fit. You can't get two pounds in that space no matter how long you veg.
Ok cool, I respect that. Im just curious to see how much it gets. Do you know anything about the CO2 aquarium generators. Have those been used for grow rooms or tents? Ive been reading about CO2 all day lol. My Mars 3000 will be here Sunday and I want to seal and vent out the heat, so Im trying to find the best cheapest way to leak some CO2 in there?

growsince79

growsince79

If your plan is to do one plant and have another clone ready to go in, 8-9 weeks is enough time to fill the spot. As long as you don't do what you're doing now. Top 3 times and remove suckers on the bottom. Keep it at around 30-40 colas.

Miiikke

Miiikke

If your plan is to do one plant and have another clone ready to go in, 8-9 weeks is enough time to fill the spot. As long as you don't do what you're doing now. Top 3 times and remove suckers on the bottom. Keep it at around 30-40 colas.
Maybe next time, way too late for this one lol. Do you know if using a CO2 aquarium generator could be usable for a sealed grow space?

Miiikke

Miiikke

Im just gonna get the 4 liter aquaruim generator I think and try to rig something up

Last edited:
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I think I can explain it in a way that might make sense to you.
For every square inch of leaf matter on the plant, you get a certain amount of growth, that is divided by the number of tops you have. Having 150 tops will get you the same yield as 20 tops as long as the same amount of light is being utilized in each scenario. If fact, since there are more tops, the buds will be smaller and therefor of less quality since each one individually is getting less light. This also disregards the stress needed to create the extra tops.

I know you're trying to see what happens but that's the best explanation of what is going to happen.

Miiikke

Miiikke

For every square inch of leaf matter on the plant, you get a certain amount of growth, that is divided by the number of tops you have. Having 150 tops will get you the same yield as 20 tops as long as the same amount of light is being utilized in each scenario. If fact, since there are more tops, the buds will be smaller and therefor of less quality since each one individually is getting less light. This also disregards the stress needed to create the extra tops.

I know you're trying to see what happens but that's the best explanation of what is going to happen.
But they will all be getting more light , thats the point. Do you know if a CO2 aquarium generator could be used to leak into a small sealed space without water?

Miiikke

Miiikke

That would explain why know one else does it but I havent seen anyone prove it wrong. Im pretty sure I proved its possibility with the reference picture I posted that was similar to my main goal. He didnt grow that in 3 months. That took a while, and its loaded with consistently big level colas up top, unlike yours, and way closer spaced

Anthem

Anthem

But they will all be getting more light , thats the point. Do you know if a CO2 aquarium generator could be used to leak into a sealed space?
CO2 is not really all that simple to just leak it into the sealed area. You really have to have a sensor to determine the amount of CO2 in the grow area and you need a way to turn the source of the CO2 on and off. If you use a tank you have a regulator and a sensor to tell the regulator to turn on and off. If your grow is doing well the system will turn on and off a good 5 to 10 times an hour. I was changing out a tank last night and the existing tank had some CO2 left in it so I turned the value on with no regulator for about 2 seconds and the Co2 shoot up to like 1700 PPM. You really have to regulate the stuff IMO.

Miiikke

Miiikke

CO2 is not really all that simple to just leak it into the sealed area. You really have to have a sensor to determine the amount of CO2 in the grow area and you need a way to turn the source of the CO2 on and off. If you use a tank you have a regulator and a sensor to tell the regulator to turn on and off. If your grow is doing well the system will turn on and off a good 5 to 10 times an hour. I was changing out a tank last night and the existing tank had some CO2 left in it so I turned the value on with no regulator for about 2 seconds and the Co2 shoot up to like 1700 PPM. You really have to regulate the stuff IMO.
Wow! There is a regulator on the generator, I can run a hose and let it rain down on the plant. I can set the pressure and keep a moniter by the plant to just keep as close to 1000 ppm as I can. This way will let me continue to make my own in a 4L bottle. I would t be able to hook up a timer but I can do it manually and moniter it
037F77C8 CD68 4345 8F4E B6CB06086285

Miiikke

Miiikke

Makes since if youhad it wide open that no matter how much you had in there that it would spike up. Im thinking an extremely low pressure leak that I can set up like a sprinkler system over the plant, but can those leak straight out of that regulator, or does it have to have water for the bubble counter? I dont see how you couldnt rig it up to leak out with no water. I couldnt find any info on that anywhere. But I ordered it so Ill find out soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom