Bonsai SCROG Training and Micro Managing

• Thread starter Miiikke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miiikke

Miiikke

Looks like you have multiple deficiencies going on. You better get that thing healthy first before you flip. How big is that trellis?.
That first veg screen is 17”x17” Next screen will be bigger, Im going up with about 150 colas now. The flower screen will be bigger

Miiikke

Miiikke

That first veg screen is 17”x17” Next screen will be bigger, Im going up with about 150 colas now. The flower screen will be bigger
What are you seeing deficiency wise? I would love to boost it any way I can. Its growing fast tho, it seems to speed up every time I trim/top. New growth is lighter, but I havent seen anything on the leaves yet

TopShelfTrees

TopShelfTrees

Very interesting, curious to see how this turns out. I’ve done something along those lines but not nearly as drastic.

growsince79

growsince79

What are you seeing deficiency wise? I would love to boost it any way I can. Its growing fast tho, it seems to speed up every time I trim/top. New growth is lighter, but I havent seen anything on the leaves yet
The new growth lookes yellow with green veins. Was that just from the lights? For 150 big colas I would need about a 6x6 scrog. 4 x 4 I could make 150 small tops. What kind of light is that?

Miiikke

Miiikke

The new growth lookes yellow with green veins. Was that just from the lights? For 150 big colas I would need about a 6x6 scrog. 4 x 4 I could make 150 small tops. What kind of light is that?
Yeah I brightenes to bring out detail. Thanks your the first thats giving me a numberfor the second screen! I think I will shoot for closer to 2’x 2’ to 2.5’x2.5’. That will give me 2” to 2.5 sq” side clearance for each cola. Smaller screen less light. My goal from this is to come out with at least a lb with as little surface area possible. I believe that with less fan leaves there is more room for a more micro organinzed training. I believe defoliation can be very beneficial to indoor growing for space, electricity and yeild. I will be putting in the time to master defoliation, but with confederacy to the plant and few rules to follow, the plant has been responding very well. Thanks so much for your feed back. I have seen alot of different methods and techniques that growers use.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah I brightenes to bring out detail. Thanks your the first thats giving me a numberfor the second screen! I think I will shoot for closer to 2’x 2’ to 2.5’x2.5’. That will give me 2” to 2.5 sq” side clearance for each cola. Smaller screen less light. My goal from this is to come out with at least a lb with as little surface area possible. I believe that with less fan leaves there is more room for a more micro organinzed training. I believe defoliation can be very beneficial to indoor growing for space, electricity and yeild. I will be putting in the time to master defoliation, but with confederacy to the plant and few rules to follow, the plant has been responding very well. Thanks so much for your feed back. I have seen alot of different methods and techniques that growers use.
I need 25-30 colas in 8sf to make a pound. 150 little buds in a 3 x 3 might make it.

Miiikke

Miiikke

I need 25-30 colas in 8sf to make a pound. 150 little buds in a 3 x 3 might make it.
yeah I agree, anything less then 3x3 would mean a very strict grow, but do you think will be little, I only need to flower with 128, Im thinking I can get at least an 8th per cola if I have them around 5” over the flower screen and 2 to 2.5” holes for each one

Miiikke

Miiikke

How long are you planning on vegging?
Im 11 weeks from seed, I should be ready to flower in another 4 to 5 weeks. I already have a clone coming up 2 months behind it fully rooted already, so the only long wait will be this initial one. Then I can expect at least the same yields every 2 months with 1 plant in rotation

Miiikke

Miiikke

5F3CB08D FFA5 4F44 9E00 F2B739D069D2

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Im 10 weeks from seed. I know its small but that was my intention. Im happy to be at about 10” tall with an about to be 128 colas going straight up. I will contain horizontal growth and keep the 128 going up as single stem colas. One big fat one on each cola. Ill grow up enough to spread them and re contain the height on the way up and use the screen to weave again to even out the height, Ill grow about an expected three quarters more of my cola height in late vet as a pre flower, and then control the flower stretch with fimming so I stay completely flat until harvest
Hi, nice work! I like the long veg times myself but I don't Scrog. I just top,bend,twist and whatever to make bushes. I get a lot of side lighting not just top light and if I don't crowd and I rotate daily I get a lot of pine cones growing everywhere.

I just thought I'd show you mine as a comparison at 11 weeks
( Christmas clones ) 10 days into flower😀😀

100 5224
100 5225
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Looks like these plants are over feed from tip burn in second photo, and maybe a little to aggressive on the trimming in the beginning, which is why your plant is dwarfed from continuous over stressing. You do know that just because you increase the bud sites does not mean you increase your yield. It also involves the amount of light for each of those bud sites. and it is shared by your light source. in other words, more light increases more yield. From what I see in this post, I think you you will be forever in veg, and by the time you get these to flower and finish, I think you will be more disappointed than you think. 🙄

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looks like these plants are over feed from tip burn in second photo, and maybe a little to aggressive on the trimming in the beginning, which is why your plant is dwarfed from continuous over stressing. You do know that just because you increase the bud sites does not mean you increase your yield. It also involves the amount of light for each of those bud sites. and it is shared by your light source. in other words, more light increases more yield. From what I see in this post, I think you you will be forever in veg, and by the time you get these to flower and finish, I think you will be more disappointed than you think. 🙄
Are you referring to my Gorilla's? Over fed? I can't see his leaves close enough so I'm not sure who's pic's you're looking at.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
No my friend, I am referring to his blurple light photos 👍 Your plants look heathy my friend 😉....and there is no comparison.
Okay tks, You have good eyes to see his leaves and in my pic they're easy to see. I had a ph problem early on with a new medium I was / am using but I fixed that and This plant is a bit under fed. sitting at 310 ppm after this last water 1 week into flower.

Miiikke

Miiikke

Thanks for the advice Haveapuff. Im still learning and cant wait to see how it turns out, I have a certain thing in my head that I think may be hard to aee what Im hoping for. I think flower stretch will be easy, I choose to keep them on the screen right now cause I have a specific goal to go up with. Ill inly have to go half the height of my desired cola and will stretch the second half in flower. I will definitely learn from the final result however that was to end up tho. It honestly still grows fast I know thats hard to see, but I am seeing more now of that tip burn you were seeing, but I thoight it was from to little nutes. Ahould I be doing more then fish feetilizer at 50% in late beg like this? Or with all the heavy defoliation is the nitrogen still too high?

Miiikke

Miiikke

No my friend, I am referring to his blurple light photos 👍 Your plants look heathy my friend 😉....and there is no comparison.
No comparison, very different grows. Looks great tho pipe carver, its a much faster approach but Im experimenting with some different factors, at the end of this I will have very useful information about scrog in depth, and will be able to adjust the grow to the exact duration, space, lights and yeild!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom