Boomer's Ocean Grown 5k watt ScrOG Lab w/ c02

• Thread starter Boomer242
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raiderfan420

Hey Boomer, so you are cutting off RIU huh? I read the information about security, I am not sure though that any of these sites are what you would call safe. That is why I never reveal too much. I am legal and all, just don't want any dirt balls figuring out where I live or who I am and showing up at my door. You know? I like the Farm a lot, I keep saying I am going to make the switch. I don't have the time to run two journals though, so I will probably jump over after this run finishes.

Anyway, it looks like you are off to a great start and I can't wait to see the big op when you get it done.

B

Boomer242

I dont feel like balancing two diff forums either. ive bene on RIU for two years and i did not ever claim to anyone on either site that i know all and am pro comp genius etc. i never once said thcfarmer is better and safer security wise. i just urged peeps on RIU to switch if they have a legit grow and want to see/talk to breeders and larger scale growers. not cfl closet grows etc.

i figured i spent two years at RIU and been wanting to make the full switch and do more networking here. I also figure i got enough exposure on RIU that it was time to move to a new site where im unknown and under the radar of whoever i following. even then i still dont really care.

so that being said im done discussing security features in either forum and will get bak to my grow and be on thcfarmer solely.

R

RideTheSpiral

Hey Boomer, TLD and MR.West. Good to see you guys. My whole name wouldn't fit so... Anyway scribed and ready to grow!

yesssss so you arent gone. im RockstarEnergy from the other forum.:rastadancing:

B

Boomer242

glad to have both u guys in here. hope to get sum more advise from u as another journey begins lol

B

Boomer242

Discussion

Ive been attempting to reread and research more about a theory i have to why my last round produced 3 plants that had pythium (root rot issues) and the others didnt.

From what i understand having low-no O2 in ur water or medium along with high medium temps; becomes easy pickings for pythium and other attacks.

I have been atemptin to make neccesary adjustments to reduce these issues.

I cannot get two chillers in my flower room for both rezs to cool my water. More due to lack of amps available rather then the funds or even the room for that matter. i need to run thru everything and add up every single little amp being used since im already pushin it as is.

But what i need peeps help with is determing what to sacrifice in order to prevent another pathogen attack.

Option #1; Lower room temps with the 2ton AC down to 80degrees instead of leaving it at 85 (where it was last round)
-I had the temps at 85 for max c02 uptake but the rez in the room warms up to almost 80 as well. thus less o2 in the water and maybe even cookin the roots.
-I do use Root Excel which has been known to help the plants do amazing things (including aiding roots to withstand 80+ degree in the rhizosphere.
-the concept of lowering the room temp is to bring the room temp of my water rez lower (hopefully down to 70-75) thus making the rhizosphere a less harsh enviroment for the roots to thrive in and also adds more 02 in the water for better nute uptake.

Option #2- leave room temp @ 85 for max c02 uptake and risk high water rez temps and high medium temps?

Im just trying to weight the options. Ive read c02 is best uptaken at 83-85 but im wondering the potential intake of c02 while at 80 degrees instead? id rather have less c02 intake and lower temps for happier plants. the c02 to me isnt put to any good use unless all other enviromental features have been dialed to simulate mother nature and push the bitches to their highest potential. :anim_19:

so let me know wat ur thoughts are. as of right now im running c02 @ 1200ppm and room temp at 80 degree with 50% RH

T

theloadeddragon

circulation at stalks ;).

Leave your room temps etc alone, maybe lower humidity slightly to about 45%.

Put small holes through the rock wool at the tops around the base of the stalks, Before you put the plants in them..... this allows for constant air flow around the stalk. It also helps encourage gas exchange throughout the entire cubes, ;). Next suggestion would be to put air stones in your trays spread around so whatever moisture is in them is getting oxygenated.

B

Boomer242

circulation at stalks ;).

Leave your room temps etc alone, maybe lower humidity slightly to about 45%.

Put small holes through the rock wool at the tops around the base of the stalks, Before you put the plants in them..... this allows for constant air flow around the stalk. It also helps encourage gas exchange throughout the entire cubes, ;). Next suggestion would be to put air stones in your trays spread around so whatever moisture is in them is getting oxygenated.

those are sum pretty cheap and effective suggestion there TLD. prob gonna incorporate those for sure. i already took ur advice and added 2 floor standing fans that oscillate at the below canopy level.

But im now double checkin my Amp count and gonna squeeze in 2 Eco 1/2 HO chillers i think. or at least one and do a side by side test to see the diff

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

hey everyone! fire it up

Hey Slabhead bro. Hail hail now the gangs all here :D If you thought you had some super sweet genetics for this year man, wait to you see some of the stuff offered here at the Farm on their auction!

B

Bugkillerbob

Res temps

Hey Boomer. Like I told you befopre to reduce the temp of your res you should make a diffuser for the cold water from the chiller in the res. With the size of chillers you have you should be able to cool your res and another 10 degrees. I wish SOG still had his pics up in his journal. I will see if I can get copies.

Another way to reduce temps of your res is to move it to another room. If you cant do that then insulate the res with wall insulation and reflective material on the outside to reflect the light. As I recall yours are below the tables.

Still think you need iceboxes on your lights which are producing the heat. SOG had a home made one. I know the design of that one if you want to chat.

GT

B

Boomer242

Hey Boomer. Like I told you befopre to reduce the temp of your res you should make a diffuser for the cold water from the chiller in the res. With the size of chillers you have you should be able to cool your res and another 10 degrees. I wish SOG still had his pics up in his journal. I will see if I can get copies.

Another way to reduce temps of your res is to move it to another room. If you cant do that then insulate the res with wall insulation and reflective material on the outside to reflect the light. As I recall yours are below the tables.

Still think you need iceboxes on your lights which are producing the heat. SOG had a home made one. I know the design of that one if you want to chat.

GT

thanks GT. ill check into doin the insulation wrap. i cant move the rez out of the rooms i already considered that. im just gonna throw in chillers once i shuffle my funds and should be set. the chillers will always be a good investment. im not even air cooling my lights anymore. i did it for like 2 weeks when i first started but got over it since it was suckin out my c02. so until i care enough to go thru and seal/tape every hole in the 90 degree duct fittings etc, i wont be coolin the lamps. the room temp is easy to control with my AC. if i could do it all over again id prob skip the duct work. hints why im lookin into goin vertical and 10 tons of AC. im not a big fan of the ice box chillers. theyre expensive and id rather spend all that cash on the right sized AC. -now makin one urself mite b legit on cost but im too busy to make projects and fix it if its not done right. but i def appreciate the suggestion and offer. hopefully we get sum better results this round.

C

Cruzer101

Hey Boomer,
I'm not gonna bounce but I'll be lurking.

I think that root rot was from too much water settling in the hydroton at the top. Are you going to top feed again or flood the tables?

B

Boomer242

Hey Boomer,
I'm not gonna bounce but I'll be lurking.

I think that root rot was from too much water settling in the hydroton at the top. Are you going to top feed again or flood the tables?

no worries man glad to see u swingin by. im still active over there so u can PM me whenever. im just a lurker there now as well.

but the root rot was not from me. thats how the clones came from the collective. most likely from the rooting horomone not reaching high enough up on the stem when they took the cuttings. but anyways i fixed the issue with SM-90.

This round will be the same as last. Top feed drippers thru 6" RW cube and 4" uni slab RW and drain to waste.

C

Cruzer101

Oh, I must have missed that.
Top feed drain to waste sounds like a lot less water then flooding, Much more efficent.

B

Boomer242

Flower Update starting Week 2

Flower room temp @ 80 and 58% RH
PPM @ 900 PH @ 5.8
CO2 @ 1500ppm

I raised the lights during the flower stretch but most are 6"-10" away from the canopy.

Using;
Sensi Bloom A & B
Big Bud
Cannazym
Magical
Root Excel
Sweet Raw

The veg room is taking off, the new waterfarm mod setup has healthy white roots hanging and almost ready to take cuttings from the mothers in them.
The veg 4x4 table with fresh clones have transplanted and more then half have grown a couple new internodes.
Ill be supercropping them soon.

heres a few pix of wats happening

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0606.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0607.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0608.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0609.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0610.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0611.jpg

B

Boomer242

temps outdoors in the 100s this week. Im running 4 diff ACs at my pad and my elect bill is def on the rise. haha prob gonna hit close to $1500 from this month. its funny id rather spend all day working in my cool grow rooms (75degrees) rather then go outside and do sumthing else.

anyways ive been researching a new strain a fellow grower buddy mentioned hed kindly let me have sum cuttings from.

POWER KUSH

heres a quote i found from a review site;

"Location: indoor, outdoor; Type: indica/sativa; Flowering: ~50 days; Only female seeds.
Known Phenotypes: » new » none up to now (homogenous??)

This is the most endogamic strain that we have developed. A single original mother plant grown over many years, the Power Kush has provided descendants which are all grandchildren of that one plant. For that purpose, S1 seeds, or self-pollinated first generation seeds were created. These seeds were cultivated and later selected, aiming to keep plants which were similar to the mother plant, which was an indica-skunk hybrid, used for commercial production supplying Amsterdam coffee-shops. The best two of these S1 daughter seeds were selected and their cross finally gave the Power Kush seeds that are sold.

The result gives greater stability than other breeding systems which, in addition to the vigour of the strain, has given us seeds with skunk/afghani genetics providing very predictable and commercial results. They grow well, the leaves are big, wide and long, so the plant can make the most of the light. They flower quickly, producing a harvest of buds covered in white and orange hairs, particularly popular in Amsterdam, an abundance of resin and a sweet skunk smell with a light touch of orange and strawberry. The effect is physical and mental; the strength is astonishing but no real coincidence if we take into account that skunk was the queen of Holland during the nineties and was developed quickly to produce great quality that has been maintained as much as possible to the present day.

Flowering period: 45-55 days
Harvest outdoors: Until 5th October
T.H.C: High (12%-16%)
C.B.D: Medium
Production: High
Height outdoors: Can reach 3 m
Blend: Indica-Sativa (50%-50%)
Genotype: (Afghani x Skunk#1) S1 x (Afghani x Skunk#1)

Strain Lineage / Genealogy / Family Tree
Power Kush »»» {Afghani x Skunk #1} x {Afghani x Skunk #1}
Afghani x Skunk #1
Afghani
Afghanistan Probably Indica »»» Indica
Skunk #1
Skunk #1
Skunk #1
»»» Afghanistan x Mexico x Colombia
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Mexico »»» Sativa
Colombia »»» Sativa
Afghani x Skunk #1 (specified above)"

-im pretty interested in tryin it out so we will see wat happens in the near future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom