Boomer's Ocean Grown 5k watt ScrOG Lab w/ c02

• Thread starter Boomer242
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theloadeddragon

yes we will see for sure..... you and BKB coming to the wedding?

B

Boomer242

lol whos bkb? but id be down. haha an all green 4/20 wedding :) shit its over a year away, prob about the time me and the lady will be having our wedding.

B

Boomer242

Update

for those of u who may have missed the update, click bak a page to view the current pix.

new update will be this wednesday

T

theloadeddragon

yeah, and if you come, some other skunky farmers might need rides ;).... lots of time to plan..... going to rent a whole campground :D

B

Bobby Smith

Afternoon Boomer; glad to see you're still at it.

Got me all hot and bothered reading the first few pages of this thread, but I think I'm low-key enough over at RIU that I'll be okay double-fisting forums.

Anyhow, to get rid of your root rot issues, you need to do what TLD said and get some airstones in your rez - obviously this is gonna increase the DO in your water.

The second thing I'd recommend would be to get you some 35% H2O2 and add that religiously to your reservoir anytime you top off @ 1mL/gallon - it's a SUPER preventative agent and kills anything living in there (I assume you're using chem nutes), and a lovely byproduct is that it adds DO to your reservoir in the process (I'm no chemist, but when it kills the little beasties growing in there it releases one of the extra oxygen atoms or some shit like that).

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and I'm glad everything's going well for ya - I'm selling ALL of my equipment for about $1K (bought for $10K less than a year ago) and starting from scratch.

B

Boomer242

Afternoon Boomer; glad to see you're still at it.

Got me all hot and bothered reading the first few pages of this thread, but I think I'm low-key enough over at RIU that I'll be okay double-fisting forums.

Anyhow, to get rid of your root rot issues, you need to do what TLD said and get some airstones in your rez - obviously this is gonna increase the DO in your water.

The second thing I'd recommend would be to get you some 35% H2O2 and add that religiously to your reservoir anytime you top off @ 1mL/gallon - it's a SUPER preventative agent and kills anything living in there (I assume you're using chem nutes), and a lovely byproduct is that it adds DO to your reservoir in the process (I'm no chemist, but when it kills the little beasties growing in there it releases one of the extra oxygen atoms or some shit like that).

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and I'm glad everything's going well for ya - I'm selling ALL of my equipment for about $1K (bought for $10K less than a year ago) and starting from scratch.

glad u could swing by and i was ur first post. haha im still lurking over at RIU i just dont post my grows there for now. i resolve my root rot issue last round but i like the tips u listed so ill write it down for future issues.
hope to see u around. happy growing:anim_30:

B

Boomer242

tokin it up for post #200 finally dont feel like such a newb on here lol

B

Boomer242

Flower Update; Starting week 3

Temps @ 83
Humidity @ 55%-65%
CO2 @ 1500ppm
Began feeding with "Sweet Raw"
Rez temps @ 78
Nutes @ 1000ppm
PH @ 5.7-5.8

def a learning curve with the og bubba kush strain. doesnt scrog well at all. i remember jackmayoffer mentioning most kushes dont scrog well. so i got a lot more stretch then i anticipated so i had to swap out my limited heighth cables and get smaller chains to rehang my lights and lift them higher. sum tops are only 2" away from the glass. lol. theres no heat stress or heat build up so it seems fine as of now. i want the lamps the proper distance away regardless.

The veg table has mostly healthy lookin OG Bubba kush clones, but the 4 master x bubba kush cuttings are stunted and havin trouble. weird shit. but anyways ive been supercropping very consitantly now with these veg bitches and im am happier with the results so far. only in week 3 of veg and at 12"+ for most and the side developement is doing great. new side lower shoots are catching up with the top and evening the canopy. i actually had to space out the cubes more on the 4x4 table so they dont compete for space. im planning to flip the strongest 18x og bubba kush clones on wednesday this coming week. so they will be vegged for only 4 weeks and shouldnt be any taller then 20".
my idea this round of og bubba kush clones is to flower them on table 2 in the flower room but not attempt any sort of scrog weave. ill just use the scrog netting as support and weigh the diff between method and veg time from the og bubba kush clones in flowering table 1. table 1 was vegged for almost 5 weeks and not really supercropped as consitant. it will be interesting to see the results. also considering running a diff macro nute lineup for flower table 2. flower table one is using sensi bloom A & B.

anyways enough rambling for now heres the update pix

veg room with mothers ready for cuttings to be taken

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0616.jpg

4x4 table w/ og bubba kush clones in veg for 3 weeks

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0618.jpg

flower table 1 og bubba kush flower week 3

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0619.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0620.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0622.jpg

ladies showin their tops in the dark...

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0624.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0625.jpg

I

Integra21

I made it over Boomer. It's looking sharp. Any other good logs I should check out over here?

B

Boomer242

I made it over Boomer. It's looking sharp. Any other good logs I should check out over here?

glad to see u bro. i know ure all over the place so itd b nice to see u stik around. but i havent done too much browsing on users for this site. hints why the traffic in my journal is usually lower then my old journal at RIU. but ive been following Jackmayoffers grow. hes from RIU and converted me to this site last year. im not sure wat grows u like to watch. i chekout outdoors indoor vert grows or scrogs. watevr im tryin to research for my next setup. currently im stuck on the UC systems and following those growers utilizing the new movement of current culture. :cool0010:

I

Integra21

glad to see u bro. i know ure all over the place so itd b nice to see u stik around. but i havent done too much browsing on users for this site. hints why the traffic in my journal is usually lower then my old journal at RIU. but ive been following Jackmayoffers grow. hes from RIU and converted me to this site last year. im not sure wat grows u like to watch. i chekout outdoors indoor vert grows or scrogs. watevr im tryin to research for my next setup. currently im stuck on the UC systems and following those growers utilizing the new movement of current culture. :cool0010:

I just like seeing quality work. I forgot Jack came over here, I'll have to find his thread. I loved his grow, that was a great example of a near perfect grow. Thanks for the reminder bro. I decided to post here since Sannie frequents this site, and I want him to see how good a Yank can grow his strains, he needs to get more credit, and its fairly hard to find detailed grows of his strains, and a lot of the ones I found just dont do him justice. That will soon change. Looking forward to lurking in your grow here, thanks for the link, I didnt know Id like it so much over here.

B

Boomer242

Stress Transplant theory?

My routine for transplant from veg to flower is;

-Clones vegged in 6" RW cubes til 18" with supercropping.
-Then the 6" cube is put on top a 4" uni-slab of Rockwool.
-All RW has been presoaked to lower PH.
-Then i move the 6" RW cube combined w/ the 4" slab into
the flower room under the HPS and scrog netting.
-Lights come on 12/12

Now my question is am i overstressing the plant possibly due to the fact that i am transplanting when roots are blown out the bottom of the 6" cube and put on top the 4" uni slab at the same time the lights are flipped to 12/12?

What im gonna experiment with this round of veg transplant is im gonna transplant the 6" cube onto the 4" rw slab during the last week of veg (4th week when plants are 12"-15" tall) and let them experience shock while in the veg room and recover there under the 1000w MH instead of running the 3x600w on table 2 waiting for the plants to recover from transplant shock? my theory is allowing them to go into transplant shock and recover while in veg (before they go into flower) that the roots will be healthy and strong ready to dig into the fresh 4" uni slab. Thus allowing the 3x600w and co2 to be used more productively and more cost effective? also i would think the extra unstressed time in flower will increase the over yield? idk makes sense to me if anyone has other thoughts plz share.

-the veg table is an ebb n' flow hydro setup so itd have to soak the fresh 4" slab and hopefully enough gets sucked up to the top where roots from the bottom of the 6" cube sits on top waiting to dive in. hope this creates enough moisture for the 6" cube and the rest of the plant to be watered/fed and recover?

-time to light up and have a discussion :character0050:

I

Integra21

When I did that this round, it seemed to actually take some of the vigor out of the flowering stretch. It might of just been the strain(Piss), but the Blue Kush took off like nuts compared to the Piss and the piss was vegged in the flower room for 3 weeks before 12/12 and the kush went in on flip day. It will be real interesting to see how your's react.

B

Boomer242

When I did that this round, it seemed to actually take some of the vigor out of the flowering stretch. It might of just been the strain(Piss), but the Blue Kush took off like nuts compared to the Piss and the piss was vegged in the flower room for 3 weeks before 12/12 and the kush went in on flip day. It will be real interesting to see how your's react.

hmm very interesting results. i wonder if its strain related? i guess i wont know til i try it. unfortunately ive been changing strains almost ever round but i think i might stick with the OGBK just cuz i have them mothered and nuthin new in as mothers. but thanks for the headsup ill have to watch and measure

B

Boomer242

I just like seeing quality work. I forgot Jack came over here, I'll have to find his thread. I loved his grow, that was a great example of a near perfect grow. Thanks for the reminder bro. I decided to post here since Sannie frequents this site, and I want him to see how good a Yank can grow his strains, he needs to get more credit, and its fairly hard to find detailed grows of his strains, and a lot of the ones I found just dont do him justice. That will soon change. Looking forward to lurking in your grow here, thanks for the link, I didnt know Id like it so much over here.

im glad ure likin it. sum good grows on here and jacks is def up their on the commercial grade. just search his nam and ull find his thread. 60x1000w grow tag is wat u want to look for. check out Bens grow too hes got a similar setup and very organized as well. i know to both us quality grows with clean enviroments and legit strains are really only worth following. unfortunately at RIU theres so many home closet grows it gets cluttered.
but toss me a link if u put a journal on this site as well. ill come check out how a yank grows haha :party0044:

I

Integra21

Another quick question Boomer, What Nutrient line-up do you use? I run the Technflora full lineup with SnowStorm Ultra and Gravity in late flower. But with this setup, I cant get my ppm's above 750 without burining the plants and thats with co2 levels at 1500ppm. Every one I see runs theirs hotter, and I just cant figure out why I cant. Originally I thought it was just my Kush was a light feeder, but now it seems to be the same trend with all of my strains. Any possible insight?

B

Boomer242

Another quick question Boomer, What Nutrient line-up do you use? I run the Technflora full lineup with SnowStorm Ultra and Gravity in late flower. But with this setup, I cant get my ppm's above 750 without burining the plants and thats with co2 levels at 1500ppm. Every one I see runs theirs hotter, and I just cant figure out why I cant. Originally I thought it was just my Kush was a light feeder, but now it seems to be the same trend with all of my strains. Any possible insight?

the last round i did with the sour grape started @ 1050ppm (i was still learning the ppm and ph curve) and ended around 1400ppm at the most. i had nute and ph defiency so im not sure if nute burn was also involved.

from wat i understand more constant hydro feed systems should use a lower PPM since the plant can uptake nutes at any time it needs it. but with a feeding system like mine that only comes on a few times for 1 min i would think reg feeding would be ok. im still tryin to dial my watering schedule and no one has been able to tell me how long i should water for as a rule of thumb so i base it on the RW cube weight.

but my best advice for u is if u see nute burn, then listen to the plant and lower the ppm or flush. i flush every week period which helps them thrive IMO. nute schedules are a guideline to me im tryin to learn to read the plant and give it wat it needs.

my nute lineup is mixed but i listed everything in the beginning of the thread i beleive. but its mostly advanced gear. i bought a shit load of bulk product which i started so im just running thru wat all i have left and gonna try another lineup and brand for other runs.

im more focusing on findin a lineup i want to use that works well with the under current CC system. everyone is still doin test runs and im sure itll b mixed results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom