Boomer's Ocean Grown 5k watt ScrOG Lab w/ c02

• Thread starter Boomer242
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby Smith

Lol, great minds :)

Also planning on running DTW for flowering and recirc for vegging (possibly with the DTW runoff, although that's still to be figured out).

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

B

Boomer242

no worries. i know the potential dangers of doin a recirc and just make sure i overclean the system every month (after veggin) and monitoring plants etc. for my setup it just works better. honestly i hate the drippers. theyre a pain in the balls. its more cuz i was a newb learning shit so now after my first run i see my flaws. either way do u have a journal rollin on here yet?

B

Bobby Smith

Not yet brother, but I'm gonna get one up sooner rather than later.........got rid of the old setup and will be finished emptying out the garage within a coupla days.......then I'm building the new setup - a 12x8x8 room inside my garage enclosing my veg tent and flowering "system" (3000 watt vertical ocatagon).

Will be fun, I'll send you a link in a couple of days when I start building.

B

Boomer242

oh man vert run im so down. haha. im running vert lights for the shop setup so i got to learn as much as i can til its done being built out

M

MaddsVonF

oh man vert run im so down. haha. im running vert lights for the shop setup so i got to learn as much as i can til its done being built out

Hello Boomer!

Look who I dragged over here with me.

It's bb57.

We decided to come to this site.

Madds ^
&
bb57

B

Boomer242

sounds good glad u guys could join us for the ride. if u get a journal goin make sure u toss me a link to come check it out

M

MaddsVonF

sounds good glad u guys could join us for the ride. if u get a journal goin make sure u toss me a link to come check it out

bb57 here,

Thinking about just keep an eye on Jack,,,,,,,,,,

Might post a pic or two more but, Madds has me working on wall vine type grow with his thai, wants to run it down and back and see if he can get more than 30 ft. Got to figure the numbers out and set something up for him and I need to take some time in the tinker tank. The pita about the wall is, hey, sorry man. your thread.

Just remember,,,,

We are watching,,,,,,,,

bb57
&
madds

FTP

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Boomer

Quick question for ya brother. Why are you using a 7"x7" screen? My initial screen to get a good canopy was a 2"x2" and I added a 4"x4" a foot and a half on top of the first one just the other day to keep the buds from falling over on top of themselves. Had a small incident where they decided to lay down a little cause they gettin to fat and lazy. Gotta Love big women eh?

Just curious as to why you went with the bigger holes.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
your setup looks clean bro,what do you expect to yield from it?

B

Boomer242

Boomer

Quick question for ya brother. Why are you using a 7"x7" screen? My initial screen to get a good canopy was a 2"x2" and I added a 4"x4" a foot and a half on top of the first one just the other day to keep the buds from falling over on top of themselves. Had a small incident where they decided to lay down a little cause they gettin to fat and lazy. Gotta Love big women eh?

Just curious as to why you went with the bigger holes.

well when doin my research on scroggin it was very mixed opinions and i went with the opinion of a trusted grower who did the same setup and it works i guess but im seeing how the smaller holes will work better. i was at homedepot and found a roll of 4"x4" wire mesh that i kinda like. not too tight to make it a pain but close enough to at least weave/tuck once. im also considering just saying FUCK IT and add more plants since i can. i originally designed this setup with the old law in mind; now theres no real limit and im blanketed by the collective so i just have to stay below 99. im thinkin of adding another row of plants on each table

=less veg time
-more plants; more yield? or maybe the same yield but less veg which is great for me. ill weigh my options after these two diff rounds and see wat the diff in results are. im not expecting anything spectactular from table 1 im just riding it out best i can with it. table 2 should promise better results with a more even canopy and internode spacing. now im just seeing lots of open white space that should be greeeeen... so might be making sum changes soon.

B

Boomer242

your setup looks clean bro,what do you expect to yield from it?

last round was a GPW of .63 i believe. i had lost 3 plants out of it and yielded just over 5 lbs dry. i would expect myself to pull 1lb/light which would be 6lbs. depending on strain it could be more. a potential 1.0 gpw would be great to aim for but i dont see it happening with my light layout and only using 600ws.

R

Raiderfan420

jJust poppin in to see how it's going. It looks like your getting your system down Bro, everything looks super clean. nice work Boomer and I am excited to see the shop set-up when your done.
Peace

B

Boomer242

jJust poppin in to see how it's going. It looks like your getting your system down Bro, everything looks super clean. nice work Boomer and I am excited to see the shop set-up when your done.
Peace

glad u could stop by bro its been a good minute haha. idk where u went but if u got a grow journal here throw me a link to swing by.

B

Bobby Smith

Boom, what makes you think that 600s are a poor choice to achieve 1g/w off of? Have you ever run 1Ks, and if so, what makes you think they would better lend themselves towards reaching this goal?

Asking because I need to decide quickly (within the next week) whether I want to go with 4 600s or 3 1Ks in my setup - any insight into my conundrum?

Not sure if this is a threadjack or not, but if it is I apologize - lemme know and I'll delete the post.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Boomer

Totally understand what you mean bro. I wish I had gone with a 4x4 on my bottom trellis. I didn't weave stuff through the 2x2 so much, I more just kept pulling it back and trained them that way until I had a full canopy and then I flipped. Probably could have flipped a week before I did as well. I agree with ya on more numbers and less veg.

@Bobby

I'm NO PRO but from what I understand 600's are great cause you can get em really close to the plant, whereas 1000's are great cause you get better penetration and better bud development. They both have their place and I would venture to say that it really depends on your setup.

B

Boomer242

Boom, what makes you think that 600s are a poor choice to achieve 1g/w off of? Have you ever run 1Ks, and if so, what makes you think they would better lend themselves towards reaching this goal?

Asking because I need to decide quickly (within the next week) whether I want to go with 4 600s or 3 1Ks in my setup - any insight into my conundrum?

Not sure if this is a threadjack or not, but if it is I apologize - lemme know and I'll delete the post.

well ivve never sat down to study the lumen charts and compared mathmatically. i would much rather of been rockin 6x1000w instead of 6x600w for the obvious watt increase thus better results and penetration. 1000ws run wat hotter tho. thats an issue and need to be further away unless air cooled really well like mine. i actually chose the setup of 3x600w per table over 2x1000 for a couple reasons;

less power consumption
less heat build up
cheaper equip cost
more light spread and gives 3 diff hots spots for plants to grow towards rather then just 2.

Now if i could do it over again, id swap em out and run 3x1000w per 4x8 table. cost is a big diff between digi ballasts on the 600-1000w jump. im running all Lumeteks (switching to Quantum ballasts for the shop, won Hightimes STASH award for best product and my boy at GC gets em way cheap and theyve been proven to run better then the lumeteks. also have dimming funtcions, 240v conversion, and lighter then lumentek; not by much tho, oh and supposedly less heat)

if ure local and needs hookups on equip cost i have a guy whos buddy owns a hydro shop and we get everything at cost now. takes a longer time to get but if ure like me and crazy overplanning everything, its worth the wait and being prepared before u shop.

-gettin off topic here;....

but mathmetically speakin if i recall correctly;

the GPW is just a guideline for the grower to understand how hes using his watts to produce best results within the given area.

forumale for those who dont know=

Grams yeilded (divided by) total watts used for flower

EX; 2240 grams divided by 3,600watts = .62 GPW

so realistically to answer ur question bob;
if i did 6x1000w would equal 6,000 watts burned and if i only yielded the same (5lbs=2240grms) then the GPW obviously changes. itd look like this=

2,240g/6,000w= 0.37 GPW which is super shitty.

But the more lumens spread on the table the more weight ull yield. thats my point of using as many 1000ws as u can. i like the 600ws alot but on a commercial scale i vote in 1000ws.

check into the Dual Arc 1000w bulbs too. Hortilux bulbs is wat im running but alternating lights would be good for internode spacing.

do sumthing like SUper HPS/Dual arc/Super HPS/dual arc/etc just stagger them to get more blue spectrum. im running all super hps and having goodluck. not really much stretching between nodes (could be the strains)
-the dual arc is a 600w HPS arc then next to it inside the same bulb is the 400w MH arc so u get the true blue spectrum.

anyways enough rambling for now. dont worry about thread jackin man if its grow topic related then i wanna discuss shit. in no way do i think i know everything. if anything hahaha. i just do wat i think is right based on my research and grow journals followed from other experienced growers. hope this helps u or any other grower who may be startin off or ready to mod their setup.:party0044:

B

Boomer242

@Boomer

Totally understand what you mean bro. I wish I had gone with a 4x4 on my bottom trellis. I didn't weave stuff through the 2x2 so much, I more just kept pulling it back and trained them that way until I had a full canopy and then I flipped. Probably could have flipped a week before I did as well. I agree with ya on more numbers and less veg.

@Bobby

I'm NO PRO but from what I understand 600's are great cause you can get em really close to the plant, whereas 1000's are great cause you get better penetration and better bud development. They both have their place and I would venture to say that it really depends on your setup.

thanks for lettin me know ure true opinion. sum peeps get online and defend the shit outta their setups like its god or sum shit. everyone makes mistakes and learns from others or copies etc. i dont give a shit im hear to learn from others who want to share and im here to help the others who ask. i once too was a newb and went thru all the dumb small grow stuff to get to where i am today.
-this is in regards to recommending the 4x4" trellis instead of the 2x2.

and ure right about ur response to bobs; both lights have their place and everything grow related is always directly designed for aspecific style goal and location. no setup is perfect, u make the best with wat u have.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
no setup is perfect, u make the best with wat u have.

AMEN.

Make due with what you are provided with. There is much to learn along the way!

Nothing beats proper planning and lots of studying/homework.

I would def. fit more babies in your area and step up to 1k's. Growmaster is blowing out 3+ elbows of AAA grade kush under 1k's.... That's what I'm talking about.

You have the knowledge, time and space to do so! Just keep grinding Boomer. :animbong:

Latest posts

Top Bottom