Bottom leafs dying to fast?

• Thread starter GenieMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GenieMan

GenieMan

Hi, everyone. I had a quick question. I know the bottom leafs die out and is normal during flowering but I'm kinda worried its dying out to fast. Not sure if I should double up on nutes or add in some DR Earth veg nutes to the mix or just let be and keep doing what I been doing? Thanks for sny input. I can take pics with no led on if need be.

RH - 65-70
Temp - 70
Nutes - Half of DR Earth Bloom once a week
Water - watering once a week with nutes and whenever soils dry.

Bottom leafs dying to fast
Bottom leafs dying to fast 2
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Hi, everyone. I had a quick question. I know the bottom leafs die out and is normal during flowering but I'm kinda worried its dying out to fast. Not sure if I should double up on nutes or add in some DR Earth veg nutes to the mix or just let be and keep doing what I been doing? Thanks for sny input. I can take pics with no led on if need be.

RH - 65-70
Temp - 70
Your humidity is high for flower, and what kind of light did you use for veg?
Looks like hps?
Are you feeding with micro & macro nutes?

GenieMan

GenieMan

I used the same light ( KingLED 600watt) I also used it for my last single grow and everything came out great. The nutes 2 tablespoons of DR Earth Flower/Bloom scratched into soil around the base of the plant.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I used the same light ( KingLED 600watt) I also used it for my last single grow and everything came out great. The nutes 2 tablespoons of DR Earth Flower/Bloom scratched into soil around the base of the plant.
That king led is that full spectrum?
May want to consider more blues possibly mix in a h.i.d to establish more growth

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter

RH - 65-70
Temp - 70
Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

Yes, some pics without the blurple lights would make it easier for us to help you. Also, here are some charts to help you identify nutrient deficiencies and toxicities - https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/t...r-making-nutrient-deficiency-diagnoses.60485/

Feel free to scroll through that whole thread, there's a lot of helpful charts in there aside from the first page. You'll even see some that will explain what parts of the plant will turn which colors, and why it's doing that. From there you will start to understand your plant's specific needs very easily.

GenieMan

GenieMan

Im pretty sure its a nitrogen def. just wondering if I should add more nutes or just keep adding half every week.

20220620 120120
20220620 120110
20220620 120101
20220620 120053
20220620 120041
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Watering issues…

Media?

Pot size?

Watering frequency and amounts?

Nutrients used?

GenieMan

GenieMan

Doubt its watering issues I keep up with the watering and also make sure I have some run off. I added 3/4 of dr earth flower dosage and also added about an inch of new top soil to the pot. I also tested PH and was around 6.5. Maybe its normal idk 🤷‍♂️

20220622 145701
20220622 145656
20220622 145648
20220622 145638
20220622 145623
20220622 145618
20220622 145615
20220622 145611
20220622 145607
20220622 145603
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It is a water and environment issue if you water once a week and thats all thats needed then that in itself is an issue.

Your VPD is waaaay off, temp is to cold, they aren’t taking water up fast enough and probably have root issues because of this. I wont go to deep into this since you doubt it.

Water movement through the plant is what gives them rigidity. The fact you plant is half limp says its not transporting water. Giving symptoms of over and underwatering at the same time. In these conditions its tour watering that IS the issue but the reason IS the environment.

This is not a quick fix and has nothing to do with your nutrients

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

It is a water and environment issue if you water once a week and thats all thats needed then that in itself is an issue.

Your VPD is waaaay off, temp is to cold, they aren’t taking water up fast enough and probably have root issues because of this. I wont go to deep into this since you doubt it.

Water movement through the plant is what gives them rigidity. The fact you plant is half limp says its not transporting water. Giving symptoms of over and underwatering at the same time. In these conditions its tour watering that IS the issue but the reason IS the environment.

This is not a quick fix and has nothing to do with your nutrients
That could be easier problem to solve just by transplant into bigger pots and soil without nutes.
I'm curious if those plants lived their whole lives in those pots?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That could be easier problem to solve just by transplant into bigger pots and soil without nutes.
I'm curious if those plants lived their whole lives in those pots?
Environment is way way out. VPD is of that for clones with no root system. There is just not enough water transport for any media imo. No uptake and it’s probably very high in nutrients in the soil so when its corrected he is likely to see tox and lockout

GenieMan

GenieMan

Ya its been in the same pot all its life. This yellowing started happening at the 1 month mark like my last plant. I know the soil itself ia out of nutes. I only water when soils dry. So if I correct the VDP things should even out?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ya its been in the same pot all its life. This yellowing started happening at the 1 month mark like my last plant. I know the soil itself ia out of nutes. I only water when soils dry. So if I correct the VDP things should even out?
Its a start but you likely have root danage.

Do you have any ability to control temo and humidity?

The pot needs to be off the floor and you dont want much runoff if using organics or prefertilized soil.

GenieMan

GenieMan

Cant really control humidity but I can control the temp to a degree. Ill take it off the floor though. I need to invest in a humidifier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cant really control humidity but I can control the temp to a degree. Ill take it off the floor though. I need to invest in a humidifier.
You need a dehumidifier… do you have an exhaust fan? But that’s absolutely needed it you are compounding the issue with low co2 level’s

GenieMan

GenieMan

Theres a ton of holes around the bottom but either way Im gonna leave the door open for now and see if that helps. Ya Im gonna order a humidifier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Theres a ton of holes around the bottom but either way Im gonna leave the door open for now and see if that helps. Ya Im gonna order a humidifier.
No you dont need a humidifier you need first and foremost and exhaust fan

Latest posts

Top Bottom