Boycott Oaksterdam!

• Thread starter kushpheen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushpheen

I honestly don't see what the big deal is about...just legalize it. Things never happen until somebody does something, and that is only when that person has something to gain.

So what is kushpheen's plan other than crying on a forum?

Another complacent mind willing to trade his freedom to 'just legalize' it duuuude. Go back to troll land and legalize it there. Things never happen until somebody does something WOW, thats deep. It seems the only thing you could gain is perhaps an education. My plan is to expose this initiative and the people that support it for the thoughtless trolls they are.:fighting0040:

yezmar420

yezmar420

Another complacent mind willing to trade his freedom to 'just legalize' it duuuude. Go back to troll land and legalize it there. Things never happen until somebody does something WOW, thats deep. It seems the only thing you could gain is perhaps an education. My plan is to expose this initiative and the people that support it for the thoughtless trolls they are.:fighting0040:

If you ever met me you would see there is nothing complacent about me at all...I read the initiative and it has some valid points and ideas.

I read your post and it really didn't say anything..the saying "Talking loud and ain't saying much" seems to come to mind...you are the one whining on a forum, let's see you walk the walk instead of just talking...what exactly is your idea?

I honestly don't care if it's legal or not, I'm gonna do what I want regardless, as of now, I have it legally for my medical conditions...so I'm good whether this passes or not.

R

Rolln J

If you ever met me you would see there is nothing complacent about me at all...I read the initiative and it has some valid points and ideas.

I read your post and it really didn't say anything..the saying "Talking loud and ain't saying much" seems to come to mind...you are the one whining on a forum, let's see you walk the walk instead of just talking...what exactly is your idea?

I honestly don't care if it's legal or not, I'm gonna do what I want regardless, as of now, I have it legally for my medical conditions...so I'm good whether this passes or not.

I think it will hurt the med user the most - especially now that sb420 limits got chucked and law enforcement will be grasping at any way possible to limit you to what you can grow...

K

kushpheen

What are this initiatives valid points and ideas then?

Its really hard to combat troll logic, but I'll try. I highly doubt you've taken the time read the entire thread and initiative. You read a post and it didn't say anything? I admit I don't have any of that insightful wisdom passed down from the ages like "things never happen until somebody does something" :anim_19:(Darwin Award Nominee) Walk the walk? Its a forum, where people express their opinions, its not a pirate's ship plank to march trolls off. But go right ahead and jump if you want.

I offer no ideas to fix a system that currently isn't broke.
I refuse to trade one set of failed policies for another far worse set.

Rollin J knows the consequences to the medical community if this passes. This level of foresight is obviously beyond your grasp.

If you can fit your 10 plants which include your mothers, clones, vegatative plants, and flowering plants within a 5x5 area and harvest less than an ounce, you'll be in troll heaven.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

The problem with voting blindly for a bill that claims to legalize is your just replacing one set of failed policies with another. Instead of $300 fines for a 1/2 gram this bill fines/jails people for amounts over an ounce, which is completely unrealistic for any size grow or decent collection of strains. Which IMO kind of defeats the purpose of legalization in the first place. What you fail to understand if this bill does pass and triggers a nationwide movement it is not being done in the interest of enhancing our civil rights, its quite the opposite really. You would be handing control of your ability to cultivate and consume to the gov't/big corporations and as a penalty for your behavior you will be taxed exorbitantly as you continue to fund wasteful gov't spending. Not to mention you will be paying the same amount or more for the same or worse weed you get now. This bill actually creates an entirely new regulatory committee and process. Home cultivators will have to be licensed and inspected(if you like going to the dmv and waiting in line just wait for this licensing process) and yes, these new pot cops will have tape measures mind you, and there whole purpose will be to fine you. The amount of fees associated with licensing for home cultivation will make home cultivation unrealistically expensive. Unless of course you want to illegally cultivate without a license and be fined/imprisoned. This deterrent obviously creates the largest consumer base possible which is the only way the future giant weed corporations of tomorrow will be able to profit off you.

I stand for the legalization of marijuana in its purist forms, not this psuedo legalization bill designed to recriminalize marijuana for the purpose of profiteering. I'm not saying the current system isn't flawed and shouldn't be fixed. What I am saying is this is like curing a stab wound with a shotgun. Don't be fooled by these money hungry people who have spent the last decade profiting off the medical marijuana movement, and are now looking to turn their millions into billions. Look deeper, examine their obvious motivations.

BTW I'll happily debate any proponent of this legislation any time, bring it on.

A little somewhat unknown reminder, less than 100 years ago we didn't have 95% of the taxes we have today. Granted, we didn't have many things 100 years ago, but in another 100 will breathing be taxed?

The other fatal flaws are best described by Dennis Peron founder of prop 215,(especially concerning our youth) the recently fired oaksterdam employee of yours truly Richard Lee for merely voicing his opposition to this bill. I'll let Dennis take it from here (thanks again rollin J)

Why I Oppose the “Tax & Regulate” Marijuana Initiative (by Dennis Peron)

Three Fatal Flaws

1. One ounce limit? 25 sq. foot per building garden size limit? Imagine a law to “tax and regulate” alcohol that only allows for possession of up to one bottle of wine imprisoning those who exceed that amount, be it two bottles or a small collection of choice vintages. These limits guarantee confusion, harassment and black marketeering forevermore. We don’t control alcohol by imposing a 25 sq. foot limit on grape vines. But one extra gram or sq. foot of pot means jail and even worse; this initiative specifies that if accused of having too much cannabis the burden of proof is on you, not the state.

2. Singling out those who want to use marijuana for a huge excise tax is just plain unfair. It maintains cannabis as the most expensive, blatantly overpriced product on the market thus forcing most people to choose cheaper, more dangerous drugs with huge externalized costs to society as a whole.

3. Sending teenagers to state prison for three years for pot is evil. This initiative mandates that 18, 19, and twenty year old minors serve three to seven year terms in California state prison for the crime of passing each other a joint or selling one another a small amount. Under this law if a 21 year old person passes a joint to a 20 year old he or she goes to county jail for six months. Likewise this measure has no exceptions for parents in their own homes from the “smoking cannabis in any space while minors are
present” prohibition. We don’t lock up parents for having a glass of wine with dinner and we certainly don’t tell the kids to leave the house for the purpose of consuming any other substance so why start with cannabis?

This initiative is bad for parents, students and ultimately the effort to get the state to stop ruining lives enforcing these draconian pot laws. Initiatives create permanent statutes. This one with its petty restrictions for personal users, prohibitive unfair taxes, and mandatory state prison sentences for teen agers need be nipped in the bud. We will campaign and vote against it should its proponents succeed in purchasing the necessary number of signatures to put it on the 2010 ballot. The tax revenue it will supposedly generate is a mere smokescreen for the kids it will regulate into three, five and seven year state prison sentences.

Perpetuating and increasing the hundred million plus tax dollars per year the state already spends policing this harmless plant is wrong yet that is exactly what this proposition does. Surely we can do better than this. How about just legalizing it, getting the state off pot to save lives and real money across the board? Please consider how you can help expose and defeat this misleading “tax and regulate” initiative.

Dennis Peron, Author of Proposition 215, the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.

3745 17th street, SFCA 94114 (415) 864 – 1961 [email protected]

Amen! Well said brother.

yezmar420

yezmar420

I think it will hurt the med user the most - especially now that sb420 limits got chucked and law enforcement will be grasping at any way possible to limit you to what you can grow...

When did the SB420 limits get chucked?..this is news to me..

J

jocoguy

hey is this the famous rollin j i know a long time ago in a place far far away ??? if it is hello my friend if not my bad

oh yes F rickard lee he is trying to put everyone out of business he is just an angry cripple who can not uuummm "be with a nice lady so he has to try to F everyone eles...

im not a doctor im just talking for the many time is have meet mr. lee

R

Rolln J

hey is this the famous rollin j i know a long time ago in a place far far away ??? if it is hello my friend if not my bad

oh yes F rickard lee he is trying to put everyone out of business he is just an angry cripple who can not uuummm "be with a nice lady so he has to try to F everyone eles...

im not a doctor im just talking for the many time is have meet mr. lee

rofl - whatup joco? funny observation - sadly its true though...

what the hell you been up to man?

J

jocoguy

rofl - whatup joco? funny observation - sadly its true though...

what the hell you been up to man?

hey man i saw the casey jones grow looks great do ya got any clones of that around ????

im in so cal now south of La how is mayberry ????

K

kushpheen

Its official the signatures are in this initiative will be on the ballot come November....

O

Oregonic

So a 5x5 area, eh? Anyone else thinking massive vertical grow...? If they write it up like the building codes in my area, 10x12 max out building size can be built with no permit but at no point is the height issue addressed. So how about a 5x5x15 with a string of vertical 1k's? walls of buds..... gonna need a ladder to get to them all:winking0067:

This is a silly bill that does far more harm to the REAL med community and sets ol' Dick Lee up pretty good to make some bank, I hope people don't just see this and vote without reading it and exploring what other options are on the table.

H

hbstoner

So a 5x5 area, eh? Anyone else thinking massive vertical grow...? If they write it up like the building codes in my area, 10x12 max out building size can be built with no permit but at no point is the height issue addressed. So how about a 5x5x15 with a string of vertical 1k's? walls of buds..... gonna need a ladder to get to them all:winking0067:

Hehehe.. problem with that is if you harvest a pound, you gotta throw it all away except for an oz or your breaking the law :(

N

nor cali farmer

all we have is each other something this simple but its true.dont let em flank us. double the guards. thc joe

K

kushpheen

These are some of the questions that need to be answered concerning this bill. I invite any proponent to answer any one of these simple questions...

What will the fine/imprisonment be for possession of over 1 ounce, a pound and so on?

What will the fine/imprisonment be for cultivating in a space over 5x5?

What will the costs of licensing be for personal and commercial cultivation?

Who decides what these fines/sentences or licenses will cost ?

Who will be approving these licenses and under what conditions?

What will the fine/imprisonment be for an unlicensed individual selling any amount to a person over 21?

What is the cost of implementing a regulatory framework to control the production and distribution of marijuana?

How will the price of marijuana be controlled? Because if the laws of supply and demand apply here the price will not justify the exorbitant taxes placed upon it.

Who stands to profit most if this initiative passes?

If the fines/sentences are more severe than the current laws we have, why would we vote for it and how would it help relieve the strain/costs of our states fiscal crisis?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Does anyone know what amendment number this will be on the Nov. ballot? We need to get organised fast to stop this bill! Call your news media,, put up signs,and protest it`s backers! Free the weed,Don`t make us Bleed ! Vote NO of amendment _____!

Top Bottom