Brainstorm under 357 Magnum LED's

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Sooooo Cree as in the LED manufacturer? Cree will make LED's look like hobby lights? :confused0059:

i meant hobby lights as in grow lights...as opposed to street lights. a 600w hps gives 150 lumens/watt although mostly in the yellow/orange range. cree's new cool white led put out 150-160 lumens/watt with a lot of blue (50% more than MH!). they're $25 a piece atm - so figure $3000 for 357 led - and that should drop to $12/led in 18 months (or less). i believe in 2-3 years we'll see 2-3 gram/watt efficiency - a 357 will be equal to a 1000w hps - at $700 per light. if the 357 is worth getting if it's equal to a 600 hps.

bigkuz grew out sensi star under a custom led from china...he even specifies the led ratios. i'd be super impressed if you got that quality AND the quantity (1.7 g/w).

D

dunit

I think I'm following now :)

Yeah CREE are the leader but just not affordable for us commom folk yet.

I checked out that link and from what I read he ran a 600W custom panel he had built in China and pulled 3-4 ounces so about a quarter of a gram per watt. Did I get redirected to the wrong thread? Couldn't find any others under his user name using that 600W. Found another one where he pulled 130grams off 252Watts of GHL LED's so about half a gram per watt but those were the only two???

D

dunit

Gotta plant the clones and get the next round started. A bit ahead of schedule as still got 5 1/2 weeks on this grow but will prob just keep the temps low in the veg room to slow the growth.

D

dunit

Day 19 flower. Took pics of the CO2 sensor to show levels and temp to help keep track

P1030469
P1030470
P1030471
P1030473
P1030474
P1030477
P1030480
P1030482
P1030484
P1030487
P1030488
K

kinzla34

While CREE is absolutely the best mfg of LED components they are expensive and final functionality will always be dependent on the lamp/driver/housing/environment and just how well heat generated by the LED lamps is then trasferred away from the driver.

LED 's work best at very low currents. Over driving the LED lamps for higher lumens causes drastic reductions in efficiencies (no more then 30%) as much of the energy is heat and the lamps lumen output depreciates faster then conventional lamp types.

If you decide to buy LED systems then understand that these efficencies, or lack, of will affect the lumen output over time and measure the (assuming PAR spectrums are being met) that even with all the LED's working that the lumen output levels do not depreciate at the canopy. A light meter is the only way to be certain of this as visible light levels may not appear affected as the gradual reduction won't be noticed day to day. Unless measured and the reduction in lumens will affect plant groiwth and yield maturity.

I've attached an article known mostly within the industry as LED Droop which discusses this phenomenon.

D

dunit

I read that article and familiar with the issues associated with overdriving. There is a guy with his own site www.ledgrow.eu and he cut the recommended current in half and only lost 30% of his light and reduced operating temp of the LED's by 15C. When I was looking for a panel I asked this manufacturer what they were driving the LED's at and they said 50% of max consumption. When I got it I used a clamp ammeter and it was pulling 1.6 amps at 122 volts so I'd say they aren't making that up.

I am going to pick up a par meter when I get a chance.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

lookin good dunit! very healthy looking, and very level canopy. can you get pics under a more natural light? how's the crystal? any smells in the room yet?

D

dunit

lookin good dunit! very healthy looking, and very level canopy. can you get pics under a more natural light? how's the crystal? any smells in the room yet?

I'm taking a few now with the flash on but it is still such harsh light. Gonna try to rig up a softer white light for taking pictures.

Crystal production is excellent. Will steal the wife's camera (Nikon D90) to take some decent macro pics.

Room is starting to smell a little and I suspect I'll be turning on the scrubber in the next week.

D

dunit

Day 25 of flower. Buds are developing rapidly and decent sized buds are visible all over the plants. Lots of budsites.

357 cannabis
357 grow light
357 led grow light
357 magnum led
Led magnum
Magnum cannabis
Magnum grow light
Magnum led grow
Plant grow light
Magnum led
O

Outthere

Nice....

Loven the dark greenness Leds produce.
What site were the .357's on?

D

dunit

Loven the dark greenness Leds produce.
What site were the .357's on?

I bought my veg light (ISIS 170) from www.ledgrowlightsdirect.com and when I was looking for bigger panels I was talking to them and they told me about this light as it hadn't been realeased yet. I think they only got the website up about a month ago. The magum is on www.357led.com and it's from the same company as the ISIS.

Seems to be working pretty good so far and the guys running the site are obviously growers and actually know what I'm talking about when I have questions.

See how we weigh out at the end

S

SSHZ

I had 4 Procyon LED's a while back and was forced to double them up to get decent growth. After a few weeks of flowering, I switched back to 600 watters H.P. after the supplier let me return them........ I'll switch back again in time, but I'm going to wait a few more years when the technology improves more. Poor light penatration and final overall weight were/are the issues.....

D

dunit

I had 4 Procyon LED's a while back and was forced to double them up to get decent growth. After a few weeks of flowering, I switched back to 600 watters H.P. after the supplier let me return them........ I'll switch back again in time, but I'm going to wait a few more years when the technology improves more. Poor light penatration and final overall weight were/are the issues.....

Procyon were the first LED's I ever bought and they were a small fortune and that was probably 2 years ago. I found the same thing. The only way I got decent results was running short plants (under 12") and only having each one cover an area about 18" by 24".

These new gen lights are certainly different. It's gonna be very interesting to see how this finishes

D

dunit

These pics are actually from yesterday and was just too busy to download so day 29 of Flower. Buds really seem to be growing rapidly and starting to connect already. I got hopes :)

P1030619
P1030620
P1030621
P1030622
P1030623
P1030624
P1030625
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

looking good d! too bad you can't fast forward to harvest :)

do you plan to prune the bottom of the plants?

Latest posts

Top Bottom