Brainstorm under 357 Magnum LED's

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselBoy

DieselBoy

I was reading through your thread again and I didn't see any info on the genetics. Is your Brainstorm a haze cross from Dutch Passion?

C

country84

Wow dude, lovely. it made me fool for leds.
I'm now seedling some sativa's, thinking about getting one of them lights..
it was written somewhere that the Mag is better for taller plants and that if one wanted to go ScrOG'ing the ISIS would be better, since the Mag will bleach them. what do you think?

D

dunit

I don't honestly know. Around here we call it Hempstar and the strain has been around for at least 8 years and did really well in the cannabis cup in the late 90's from what I remember.

D

dunit

Wow dude, lovely. it made me fool for leds.
I'm now seedling some sativa's, thinking about getting one of them lights..
it was written somewhere that the Mag is better for taller plants and that if one wanted to go ScrOG'ing the ISIS would be better, since the Mag will bleach them. what do you think?

If I was scrogging or doing anything with short plants I would def go with the ISIS. Main reason being it has a slightly wider lens angle so is designed for bigger footprint with less penetration requirement. I followed a journal on another forum where a guy ran 5 ISIS panels over 24 short plants and got just over 27 oz.

I think the magnums definately do well with taller plants. I don't mean crazy tall and I'm not sure any LED's are really all that effective with monster plants but if you are running 2-3 ft plants then the Magnums certainly penetrate well.

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter

Brainstorm(it was formally HEMPSTAR) seeds from the Dutch Passion is a successful result of breeding experiments with two famous marijuana strains, Northern Lights and Haze Original. They were first brought into the modern cannabis market in 1996 with the name "HempStar" and almost instantly became popular. These seeds developed solid plants with good yields of marijuana with long lasting and powerful high. Nothing seemed to be improved, however, Dutch Passion breeders brought these seeds through some further experiments in 1998 and 2008 by selecting a premium clone from the original seed stock.

I don't honestly know. Around here we call it Hempstar and the strain has been around for at least 8 years and did really well in the cannabis cup in the late 90's from what I remember.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

they say it's good for bumper harvests :) they look very good. how tall are they now? at what height do you run the lights, and why not lower? do you think pruning the bottom of the plant would help?

when do you normally chop them down? 14 more days seems a little optimistic.

DieselBoy

DieselBoy

Thanks for the background info, Massqwon. Sounds like a proven winner.

D

dunit

they say it's good for bumper harvests :) they look very good. how tall are they now? at what height do you run the lights, and why not lower? do you think pruning the bottom of the plant would help?

when do you normally chop them down? 14 more days seems a little optimistic.

Well sounds like they are are decent plants so guess I'll see. Just had a buddy pull down a crop from the same mum under 1000 HPS so will be interesting to see how he did. He ran co2 and 85F temps also so should be a good benchmark.

The plants are about 26" tall on average and the lights are a foot off the plants and I really don't feel the need to go lower and think I would risk bleaching. These panels have 60 degree lenses and are all 3W leds so they have some impressive intensity.

I didn't prune, although I normally would, as this is my first run with these panels and I was curious to see how they would penetrate so that ladies are au naturel :-)

I have about 20 days to harvest but in the end trichome conversion and density will tell me when to chop

D

dunit

Brainstorm(it was formally HEMPSTAR) seeds from the Dutch Passion is a successful result of breeding experiments with two famous marijuana strains, Northern Lights and Haze Original. They were first brought into the modern cannabis market in 1996 with the name "HempStar" and almost instantly became popular. These seeds developed solid plants with good yields of marijuana with long lasting and powerful high. Nothing seemed to be improved, however, Dutch Passion breeders brought these seeds through some further experiments in 1998 and 2008 by selecting a premium clone from the original seed stock.

Thanks for that. I have done well in the past with Northern Lights for yield and Original Haze was strong as hell although don't recall it being a great yielder but either way sounds like a solid plant.

We shall see :-)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Things are starting to get serious now. There is a lot of buddage happening in there. What does brainstorm smell like in flowering?

D

dunit

It's a very mild smell which personally I like for growing. Even though I'm an RX grower I see no reason to advertise :-)

The smell is a bit sweet.

Apparently it's a cross of Northern Lights and Original Haze and I used to grow NL and it was a low smell plant too.

D

dunit

Okay so someone PM's me asking for the website I bought them from as they went to the ISIS site and couldn't find them. I seem to have deleted the message while attempting to reply :-(

I got them from www.357led.com

B

Better Buds

I asked the company if the light would cover a 3'x3' area well. They said yes, but you know how that goes. They want sells. How do you think it would cover. I know you are only 39 days in, but what do you think? What size is the are you are using the 2 lights in? What size are the trays you have your plants sitting in.

They are a bit light for 39 days aren't they. I've never grown Brainstorm so hard to tell. Have you grown them before? Not that I mind a little light when the unit only uses 190watts. I also asked that when I talked to them. It doesn't seem like they would do what my 600 watt would, but if you can use 3 for the same power. That should outproduce the 600 watt. I don't mind large numbers of plants. No legal grows here. Busted for 10 is same as 100. Sucks :0(

D

dunit

I was planning on covering a 4x6 area with two lights but these plants just never stretched like I thought they would so I'm only covering a 4x4 area and just running more light per sq ft than I planned.

I can without a doubt say that one of these lights would cover a 3x3 area. I actually covered the whole 4x4 area with one light for three days while I went out of town to show one to a friend and their growth was still impressive.

I've been told Brainstorm is a good producer but a buddy just ran plants from the same mum and got 1 pound 5 oz under a 1000HPS and he's consistently a 1.75-1.8 pound per light grower so he's not running them again.

D

dunit

Day 50 of flower. Not going quite as well as planned as was starting to get nute lockout and had to flush and the girls didn't love it :-(

Hempstar 001
Hempstar 002
Hempstar 005
Hempstar 007
Hempstar 008
Hempstar 009
Top Bottom