Brainstorm under 357 Magnum LED's

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dunit

Day 52 of flower. This is from a couple days ago but been having issues with the uploader

357MagnumLED 001
357MagnumLED 004
357MagnumLED 006
357MagnumLED 007
357MagnumLED 008
357MagnumLED 009
L

Loonymc

nice looking plants,
when do you think they will be done ?
how do you like the led so far ?
loony

B

Better Buds

Looks good dunit. Filling in nicely. Keep it up.

Loonymc
I did some digging about Brainstorm. The adds for them say 7-9 weeks flowering, but I have talked to three growers who have grown this. They all said a couple days shy of the 9 weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing when dunit's finish as well.

D

dunit

nice looking plants,
when do you think they will be done ?
how do you like the led so far ?
loony

Well I am thinking they are pretty much done. Today was day 56 of flower and I'm running CO2 which I find usually shortens the flower cycle by 3-4 days. I am gonna let them go to thursday as I don't have time to cut down before then anyway and if it looks like they are still fattening up and hardening I'll let em run another couple days.

I will have to take some close up pics with natural light as some of the nugz are looking seriously magazine worthy :-)

D

dunit

Day 56 of flower. The ladies are pretty much ready to chop. Water tomorrow and hope to cut on thursday.

MagnumLED 007
MagnumLED 008
MagnumLED 011
MagnumLED 012
MagnumLED 013
MagnumLED 014
MagnumLED 015
B

Better Buds

Thanks for the info dunit. Did you happen to see your friends Brainstorm before chopping? I would like to know if his 1000w gave as much frost as yours. LED's look like they make the tri's grow in thicker. Do you find this to be true?

1satyr

hi donit...nice grow

Just to make sure I am right about these Magnum's...They are equipped with a total capacity of 357 watt from 3 watt LED's that has been "underclocked" to run 50% of their capacity thereby running cooler, with longer lifetime, and only drawing 180 watts power when operating ?

So a 357 Magnum only uses 180 watts and also only puts out 180 watt LED light.

How does the different modes work. I am primarily thinking about the "veggeing" mode...how much does in draw in vegge mode ?

I am interested, in LEDs for veggin myself and LED seems obvious.

How little could I settle with if I wanted to veg a 3x3 area 60-100 watts ?

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

nice grow im very intrested in leds right now thinking of a plasma lamp to add with them
are you happy with results of them alone or hps and led together ?

D

dunit

Thanks for the info dunit. Did you happen to see your friends Brainstorm before chopping? I would like to know if his 1000w gave as much frost as yours. LED's look like they make the tri's grow in thicker. Do you find this to be true?

I helped him cut it and it certainly didnt look nearly as frosty or as good as what I have going on and he thinks so too so it's not just my bias :-)

We are going to do a smoke comparison when mine comes down.

D

dunit

nice grow im very intrested in leds right now thinking of a plasma lamp to add with them
are you happy with results of them alone or hps and led together ?

I like LED all by itself and the only reason I would run HPS also would be if I needed the heat to maintain grow room temp. I had to insulate my room including running a sub floor but it works on LED alone.

It's -27Celcius (-17F) outside right now and the only thing I miss about HPS is walking into the grow room after being outside shovelling snow and feeling the heat radiating off the lights into my bones :)

D

dunit

hi donit...nice grow

Just to make sure I am right about these Magnum's...They are equipped with a total capacity of 357 watt from 3 watt LED's that has been "underclocked" to run 50% of their capacity thereby running cooler, with longer lifetime, and only drawing 180 watts power when operating ?

So a 357 Magnum only uses 180 watts and also only puts out 180 watt LED light.

How does the different modes work. I am primarily thinking about the "veggeing" mode...how much does in draw in vegge mode ?

Yup, 357 is the total rating of the individual LED's but they are run at a voltage that peaks the light output per watt which is approximately half of the max rating so about 180 watts actual draw.

The different wavelengths run slightly different wattages to hit that peak but it averages out to about half. I know that some of the brand new CREE LED's can run slightly higher wattage (about 65% of max) but they are also about three times the cost of the other manufacturers so it's just not economically viable.

I'm impressed with these lights and at $699 a piece I can certainly justify the expense but if they were $2K there would just be no way.

D

dunit

hi donit...nice grow

Basically veg mode just turns off the red LED's. Not sure what the power draw is in veg mode.

What I have been doing is running full spectrum on feed days and veg mode on water days so basically switching every two to three days as I think straight blue may not be ideal. Getting good results so far.

I use an ISIS 170 for veg and its actual draw is about 120 watts and I cover a 3x3 area and find it ideal.

1satyr

Thanx for the answers Donit.....I must say that I am getting very close to send of the purchase order....LOL

These LEDS are the shit for the future, especially couse my Kwh has just passed 4o us cents, and it said to keep going up, new taxes, man I hate that.

Have a good one

Satyr

Basically veg mode just turns off the red LED's. Not sure what the power draw is in veg mode.

What I have been doing is running full spectrum on feed days and veg mode on water days so basically switching every two to three days as I think straight blue may not be ideal. Getting good results so far.

I use an ISIS 170 for veg and its actual draw is about 120 watts and I cover a 3x3 area and find it ideal.

D

dunit

Thanx for the answers Donit.....I must say that I am getting very close to send of the purchase order....LOL

These LEDS are the shit for the future, especially couse my Kwh has just passed 4o us cents, and it said to keep going up, new taxes, man I hate that.

Have a good one

Satyr

If there was no other reason I would buy LED's because I am not terrified about shit catching fire or my place burning down with them running. The bulb temps of HID is just plain scary IMO.

Lots of rips in my area too so the fact that someone can't sit outside with a RF scope and make my place is kinda nice.

I also just love techy shit and the purple light is cool....lol

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

i hope your havest is bountiful! can't wait for the pics and report.

D

dunit

Only 8 plants in the pics and the other 4 are already stripped and were ready for my Trim Reaper but it's currently in need of repair so will have to hand trim individual nugz on those tomorrow.

Just not enough hours in the day right now but here some pics of the rough trim with most of the major foliage gone so a good idea of what's there.

For plants that were much smaller than I had hoped (didn't stretch hardly at all) and had nute lockout in the 7th week, which is a pretty critical time, looks like I'll still have a decent haul :-)

The crystal and color is absolutely crazy and have to get some macro shots taken of the final trimmed product.

Magnumgrowlight 005
Magnumgrowlight 006
Magnumgrowlight 008
Magnumgrowlight 009
Magnumgrowlight 010
Magnumgrowlight 011
Magnumgrowlight 012
Magnumgrowlight 013
Magnumgrowlight 014
Top Bottom