Brand new caregiver in need of help.

• Thread starter katiemarie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alien Abductee

I dont see a problem with cloning that way, it reminds me of the way we use to clone in the 80s. We basically sunk the part were we wanted to clone in soil and it grew roots naturally.

Lots of ways to clone though from using just water, or complex machines.

A

Alien Abductee

Just pick a way you want, and gain some experience with it.

K

katiemarie

I got a homemade cloning machine from a caregiver, I put conex on the tips and in the water, the only problem i foresee is I dont have a timer so they have to be srayed 24/7 I read that will rot the roots, Im going to keep them in there until they get the white bumps and then put them in soil. See how it goes.
Im going to measure the pants today. When they reach 2 feet Im going to put them in flower.
I will message you back and tell you the heights, I know I remember fromt he other day they are between 17 and 21 inches tall.

A

Alien Abductee

I got a homemade cloning machine from a caregiver, I put conex on the tips and in the water, the only problem i foresee is I dont have a timer so they have to be srayed 24/7 I read that will rot the roots, Im going to keep them in there until they get the white bumps and then put them in soil. See how it goes.
Im going to measure the pants today. When they reach 2 feet Im going to put them in flower.
I will message you back and tell you the heights, I know I remember fromt he other day they are between 17 and 21 inches tall.

Ok good, 2 feet is about what you want with your height space.

A

Alien Abductee

I would go with start of seeing roots, maybe around 1/4 inch. You would not be seeing root rot till much later and at 1/4 inch the roots are more able to gasp and hold in the soil.

You can clone by leaving the cutting in plain tap water, so your not going to see much issues with rot unless your roots are rather long and expect o2 on them.

K

katiemarie

Hope your having a great day!
As far as the clones do I need to remove all of the fan leaves. Already took off ton but there are many more, I was thinking if they will stay alive with them Im just statrting out with a bigger plant but if I remove them at the node 2 more will sprout out right?
Your saying the water 24/7 is fine right...that what a few articles i read said also but then some said root rottage so wanted your opinion :).... gonna post a few pics of the clones
The plants are growing another 1 1/2 to 2 each, the 4 inch was after I nuted them, this time only used big bloom organic.
I read that it is much better to feed them smaller amounts more often that it promotes veg growth but the lady at the dispensary said let them get bone dry as it cause the plant to search for roots...idk, lots of different opinions out there..
still trying
pics in next post :)

K

katiemarie

I ran a calculator and running that hps bulb also will only add less than 100 bucks a month to my light bill. I really need these things to bloom so dont mind spending that much if you think it will make a big difference int here grow rate, Maybe I will turn it on for a few days and see if its noticably more 1 to 2 a days not bad but it would be cool to see that 4" a day.
What about in flower are both hps and mh bulbs better than just one?

A

Alien Abductee

They look over watered, cut back the watering and let them dry out first. You can try adding the MH light in flower, ive completely fowered using MH light before, it can be done with various results. If you can afford it can try both, it certainly wont harm them unless it adds heat stress.

K

katiemarie

Thats what I was saying I have no way to cut back the watering on the clones unless I go down there and unplug the pump every 30 minutes, may go buy a timer tonight. In the meantime what do you think 30 min on 30 min off or what , I have read 60 min on 30 off so im not too sure.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

To much light, to little plant!! and your spending too much money....

600W HPS=140 lumens
1000W HPS=120 lumens

and your adding heat which will give you the tall, stringy, airy buds.

instead of "substituting blue spectrum light" with your plants (which is why im thinking your wanting a 1000W Metal Halide IN ADDITION to the HPS, why not just substitute your 1000w HPS with some UVB (suntanning lights), they will give your plants the right blue spectrum from the MH during the flowering period that will make your plants yield higher and have a higher potency.

But the stretching of your plants is because of the strength of the lumens is too low so your plants are stretching to get more lumens(this is why 600W HPS is the best bang for your buck) yet with that stretching, your plants cellulose and potassium levels are being sucked up by the stalks of your plants for further height instead of bushy out and producing more buds.

after you fix your substitution of lights whether it be UVB or with 600W HPS (UVB is cheaper and better)

Start a constant occurance of topping your buds....trim the tops so that the cellulose and potassium pushes outward towards bushing your plants then you should be good.

keep me updated and send me more pics and questions and ill do my best with all my references available.

K

katiemarie

Hey there
thanks so much for your advice
I already have a 1000 hps lamp hanging in the room turned off. alongside the 1000 MH tht Im vegging under currently, have one plant thats over 2 ft tall and ready to go to flower, which is why I was thinking that instead of making a seperate lighting room for that one plant I would just turn on the hps 12 hours a day and then just remove her at the end of 12 hours and put her in a dark closet....I could buy some more lights but already have these. I have a really good vent system in there so heat shouldnt be an issue. The hoods are air cooled and Im venting the heat through all lights and out the room. So knowing all that do you think the plants would grow faster if I turn on that hps or do you still think the tanning lights is the way to go...tnning lights are they the T5's or can I use T8's which is what Im using for the clones in the pictures....

A

Alien Abductee

hps is 50000 lumens, MH is around 60000 lumens average over the life of the bulb.. Without the effects of over watering removed, its hard to tell the status of the light.

A

Alien Abductee

What is the temp of the tops of the plants? is it over 80 degrees?

A

Alien Abductee

Sorry around 85000 for mh and 75000 for hps, average, over the life of the bulb

A

Alien Abductee

The stretching in her plants is caused by using HPS for most of the veg. We are half way through a recovery process. I appreciate your input, but if you read the entire thread you'll get a better idea what has transpired and where the changes that have been made are going.

K

katiemarie

Alien I think we are talking about two different plants, when I sent the pics earlier today they were pics of the clones...you said I need to get the over watering issue repaired before worrying about hps or mh. I will take some pics of the greenhouse plants tonight and you can see them. then maybe we can talk about the lighting. I know your right about the stretching but it funny that it only happened to one strain the others are shorter and bushier......I just got home from buying a timer, what schedule do you recommend for the cloning mchine?
peace and hairgrease <3

K

katiemarie

This is my current dilemna:
I already have a 1000 hps lamp hanging in the room turned off. alongside the 1000 MH tht Im vegging under currently, have one plant thats over 2 ft tall and ready to go to flower, which is why I was thinking that instead of making a seperate lighting room for that one plant I would just turn on the hps 12 hours a day and then just remove her at the end of 12 hours and put her in a dark closet....I could buy some more lights but already have these. I have a really good vent system in there so heat shouldnt be an issue. The hoods are air cooled and Im venting the heat through all lights and out the room. pictures to follow:cool0041:

Top Bottom