BREAKING NEWS: California Lawmakers To Debate Marijuana Legalization Tomorrow!

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

headband707

Yup good luck to you guys in the USA I feel for ya as they are doing the exact same shit here now!!! peace out Headband707

H

halfdef

this is interesting,

I skipped a few pages, but as far as I know there are a few things that may impede the states right to do this.

One being international treaties that the US and other NATO countries have which prohibit MJ. I've come across this a few times in articles and movies on the topic.. anyone else know what I am talking about? Another being federal law, I`m not sure how outright legalization would look to Washington... and they could threaten to withhold federal stimulus $ which would outweigh the $ benefits of this legislation.

I also feel that this would start a transition to large scale corporate MJ farms.. to me that is totally undesirable.

However, I think that the recession is a major driver of change. The end of Prohibition came in part because larger corporate breweries -like Coors, Bud, and Miller- made the case to Washington that beer production, sales, and resulting taxes could stimulate the economy.

What happening today here in CA is much the same. But as we can see from how long it took to get mirco-breweries, legalization may not mean better weed or better times for small time growers.. but 2010 is not 1930 and we might have evolved culturally enough to appreciate small batch weed growers over corporate farms.

phew, nuff said.

one love all

T

to serve man

This bill is great for billionaires that want to remain that way, and the cannabusiness in general, and all those greedy greedies at oaksterdam. It imposes a $5000 fee to get licensed to grow weed, and then $2500 annual fee. Then a $50 tax on every ounce sold to fund drug rehab... (?) This is bullshit and absurd. I can't believe we are allowing the government to take control like this. Cali needs to vote this bill down.

R

robbiedublu

Genesis chapter one:27-28

27. God created man in His image,to the divine image He created him;male and female He created them.
28.God blessed them,saying:``Be fertile and multiply;fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea,the birds of the air,and all living things that move on the earth.``God also said,``I give you every seed-bearing plant all over the earth and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit on it to be your food;and to all the animals of the land,all the birds of the air,and all the living creatures that crawl on the ground,I give all the green plants for food.``And so it happend.God looked at everything He had made,and He found it to be very good.Evening came, and morning fallowed- the sixth day.

Now I ask you what Gives Government the right to make the `Gifts of God` wrong,or tax that what is given from God,or determine in any way how man should use the Gifts that God gave mankind freely? Hemp is a seed-bearing green plant created by God and given us freely for food ! It`s oils are used to anoint the sick,send the Holly Spirit,repel demons,confirm priests,and give authority to kings under God! Wether you personally beleave the Holly Bible or not, it is the corner stone of Western culture and the foundation of our law and civilization.Our Government is in contempt of Gods Word!

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who will refuse to comply with any tax laws, just like now there're plenty of people who distill and sell ETOH illegally or people who smuggle untaxed tobacco products. Just like there are lots of folks who cheat on their income tax. That is really a different issue altogether than legalizing pot. I'm sure the BATF will become the BATF&Pot.

Top Bottom