BREAKING NEWS: California Lawmakers To Debate Marijuana Legalization Tomorrow!

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thallamus

As usual there are lots of good posts. While we do not all agree on all fronts, what we can agree on is that this is a good medicinal, soothing, environmentally friendly substance. I will always listen to everyone’s view points, but at the same time I have to wonder what peoples’ personal interests are. Of course we all have them. But we really need to put the personal feelings aside and do what is best for the whole. We are at a significant crossroads…finally. We have an opportunity to make significant headway. We shouldn’t be fussing over small details. I know some aren’t so small but the point is, let’s pass this thing and then concentrate on the next battle.
On another note: The more we educate the masses, then better chance we have. So all these open discussion are really good. However, I’m sorry to say it, but having lots of a-typical stoners out there representing us, I feel, sometimes shoots us in the foot. I can only imagine if Barney Gumble (Simpsons reference) was the poster child for repealing prohibition how far we would have made it. Let’s be on our best behavior and help those ignorant people out there to help us pass some good legislation.
Off to Halloween Party…have fun everyone:)
-T

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
vote no????

that's just crazy, its because of people voting yes that we are going in the direction we are. if you start voting no guess which direction we are going to go in? Pot may be non violent offense but when you go to prison they put you were there is room. and that is with violent and non violent offenders. Once you start serving some time im pretty sure you will start voting yes.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

I don't know of any of the "scary" things mentioned here occuring in any places where prohibition has already been lifted. Scary thing is people in our own community being afraid of change. If regulation is passed and if private grows are illegal, what have you lost? They're illegal now. A major difference is that if you don't pay taxes the revenue dept. will put liens on your property as opposed to LEO locking you up and taking your property. Also, it would be super hard, if not impossible, for "big pharma" or big companies to control pot. Its not fair to compare making your own liquor or beer with growing pot. The reason it is so conveniont to just buy alcohol is because alcohol is alcohol. You could spend much effort and money to make beer and get the same buzz as regular beer with marginal, not neccessarily better, difference in taste. The incentive for home grown pot is you can get anywhere from heart pounding to couch lock and anywhere in between. With liquor, beer and cigarettes there is no need to change recipes. Johnny Walker, Budweiser and Marlboro don't change there products ever. The pot fads change monthly if not more. Any of you that are good at what you do and whose product is in demand will continue to do so' if you are afraid of big $ taking your business. sarge

D

detroitbradster

O Gawd i could see it now if phillip-morris or some other major cigarette company took over and screws it all up/

H

headband707

I am 100% sure that if the Gov. get there hands on pot that they will make us pay thru the teeth someway, somehow. I would bet my bottom dollar on that.. They will tax the shit out of it and start to regulate it somehow . Then come into our homes and screw with us that way. Once the Gov. gets there hands on anything they always fuck it up as they have everything they get their hands on . Look at healthcare in Canada and trying to get a Dr. to get pot?? Or look at the DEA right now and the way they are handling things??Need we say more here.. I think we need a separte body controling the marijuana industry not the Gov. If they don't stay ontrack and within the guildlines give them one year and get another one END OF STORY peace out Headband707

H

headband707

No 1 Wifey you posted:
Legalizing and taxing and regulating is the only fair thing to do.

Paranoia is a fine thing but big pharma is not looking to grow plants to patent them! Sativex and Marinol shows the

I will have to disagree with you on this one. For one thing what gives them the right to tax us anymore on this as if they haven't done enough with telling us it's a dangerous drug. Throwing how many ppl in jail and how many have died because of them after all these years now they want to make money off of us from it ,are you shitty me?? and your onboard with that?
Next regulating it by who's standards theirs , mine, who's ?
Then your talking about Marinol do you know how much Marinol costs and how shitty it is?. Well I do it's $630.00 for 90 pills now who do you think is making the dough off of that one?? Holy shit perhaps you should rethink giving our Gov. free hand as they are very slimmy and always have been. All you have to do is get sick and you will see how truely slimmy they are. Peace out Headband707:)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m pretty sure with all the restrictions I`ll still be looking at jail time even with the changes they are talking about. I just won`t bend ! I won`t pay taxes and I`ll grow anyway I want to! And have as much as I want to! I remember when just one seed or stem would get you time in the big house! And that was right here in Cali and I didn`t bend! Now what is some judge going to do when I stand up in his court and tell him the State can go fuck off,even after the`new set of laws` pass? What do you think they will do to those people who will not pay fines ,fees,and taxes and be told what they can`t do! I`ll contenue to over grow them until I die! Don`t tread on me!

S

Sway

just hold on to your mommies, and save your genetics! they cant take those away from you.

L

Lost

In the Stoner society there will always be the core group that socially do not want to conform. I think in their mind that they are living life THEIR way and eff the big picture.

As the bill is drawn up right now the tax is 50 bucks on say a 400 dollar bag. Now when it is no longer a crime I think the price will drop to something like 250 an oz for the kill like most stoners never get to partake. So yeah, its gunna be taxed, and regulated. Safer for the patients and users, and helps to eliinate the blackmarket element and all of the baggage that carries.. Big pharma will have their patented and genetically modified weed (nothing wrong with that imo GM stuff is fine, imo :).

Think of all the bars that will convert from beer and wine to hookas. I mean seriously, would it not be nice to run down to the local bar for a rips on the hooka while watching a game..

I love all the people that bitch about how, "Im not going to pay the dirty gubberments taxes." As they drive off in their car (taxed like a mofo), burning gas (taxed like nothing else), driving on a road where tax monies pay for its upkeep, while bitching about EVERY pothole and how the city needs to get that shiz fixed (takes more of your taxes)... You get the idea, our society is built on taxes to provide for the society as a whole. Not only that the ONLY reason for the majority of people to legalize it is the tax monies income. Otherwise you do not have public support of legalization. So either its taxed and regulated or its illegal. Thats realistically the only two real options :)

H

headband707

Don't get me wrong here I think pot should be legal damn why not no way shape or form do I think anyone should go to jail for pot. Do I think the Gov. should sink their slimmy teeth into it and start running things like they run things now? No bloody way.
I also love it when ppl talk about going down to the store and buying pot like we do in the clubs as if the pot is not expensive and shitty and there is still nothing we can do about that. And as if giving that to the Gov. is going to change that in anyway . I heard the Gov dope really sucks.. I know our clubs dope needs help lol. As far as buying it on the streets here it's nowhere near $400.00 oz. more like $130.00 to $240.00 which is still high for top quality bud for poor ppl. peace out Headband707

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I think even if regulated and taxed high quality growers will still have a market just like fine wine and micro brewed beer . Can you imagine goverment grown weed ? Blahhhhhh

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I can grow my weed ,but I can`t grow my car! Yep they tax everything they can get there hands on already! Just what do you think the Goverment is going to do with all that control you give them? Use it to the fullest! I bet they got people working on how right now! And you can bet you won`t like what they come up with!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Genesis chapter one:27-28

27. God created man in His image,to the divine image He created him;male and female He created them.
28.God blessed them,saying:``Be fertile and multiply;fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea,the birds of the air,and all living things that move on the earth.``God also said,``I give you every seed-bearing plant all over the earth and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit on it to be your food;and to all the animals of the land,all the birds of the air,and all the living creatures that crawl on the ground,I give all the green plants for food.``And so it happend.God looked at everything He had made,and He found it to be very good.Evening came, and morning fallowed- the sixth day.

Now I ask you what Gives Government the right to make the `Gifts of God` wrong,or tax that what is given from God,or determine in any way how man should use the Gifts that God gave mankind freely? Hemp is a seed-bearing green plant created by God and given us freely for food ! It`s oils are used to anoint the sick,send the Holly Spirit,repel demons,confirm priests,and give authority to kings under God! Wether you personally beleave the Holly Bible or not, it is the corner stone of Western culture and the foundation of our law and civilization.Our Government is in contempt of Gods Word!

L

Lost

Genesis chapter one:27-28

27. God created man in His image,to the divine image He created him;male and female He created them.
28.God blessed them,saying:``Be fertile and multiply;fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea,the birds of the air,and all living things that move on the earth.``God also said,``I give you every seed-bearing plant all over the earth and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit on it to be your food;and to all the animals of the land,all the birds of the air,and all the living creatures that crawl on the ground,I give all the green plants for food.``And so it happend.God looked at everything He had made,and He found it to be very good.Evening came, and morning fallowed- the sixth day.

Now I ask you what Gives Government the right to make the `Gifts of God` wrong,or tax that what is given from God,or determine in any way how man should use the Gifts that God gave mankind freely? Hemp is a seed-bearing green plant created by God and given us freely for food ! It`s oils are used to anoint the sick,send the Holly Spirit,repel demons,confirm priests,and give authority to kings under God! Wether you personally beleave the Holly Bible or not, it is the corner stone of Western culture and the foundation of our law and civilization.Our Government is in contempt of Gods Word!

Everything is a gift of god is it not? Seperation of church and state and all, I don't think religion has a place in this discussion..

Listen we have already traveled down the road, out society is what it is. Without the candy of tax monies the general non smoking population has no reason to legalize it. You can pie in the sky all day about how things should be but reality says it must be taxed for it to gain popularity to be legalized. Otherwise people will just keep going to jail...

*Cracks open a beer that I surely have paid tax on more than once... (Sales tax, alcohol tax, income tax)*

X

xpetey

Ok im not from california but i feel i need to post because ive been reading a lot of complaints about taxation and legalization. Ive read alot on the subject and let put it this way. There is no way ever in a million years the Untied States of America will ever legalize without taxation its the way shits run in this country. Think about for a sec You can brew a beer but make distilled spirits without a license and you could go to jail. Why because the tax is so high the goverment doesnt want to loose money so they made it illegal to make your own. Cigarettes legal and totally unhealthy but thats beside the point they are only aloud to sell them because the government makes a ton from the tax. I would love to be able to have all the plants i want and be without the taxes but it would just never happen. Also even though they will tax the shit out of it I think you would still be able to do a decent size grow, you dont see 50 breaking down doors looking for people growing tobacco or even brewing those illegal distilled spirtits and thats because those things are legal. The cops are not going to waste resources looking for grow ops with high tech expensive helicopters if weed is sold at the corner store it would cost way too much. Hope they legalize it in cali the state thats paving the road for legalization

R

Rolln J

Id like to point out you can grow your own tobacco and the only tax is whatever you pay on the seeds!

I will vote against Richard Lees bullshit prop IF it makes it to ballot!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
hey if they say you have to pay taxes. stay underground refuse to pay thats cool with me. But to keep pot illeagal so you dont have to pay taxes is crazy man. with no taxes who would protect you or your grandmother,little sister? When you get into a car crash and no ambulance comes? There is a big picture here and its not right to keep sending people to jail for this or other non violent offenses. I spent almost 5 years in prison over pot. 2 years ago i never even thaught this day would come. now all i do is dream and wonder what could be. Amsterdam pfft! Id much rather hop on a plain and go to cali one of the best places on earth and smoke a joint while watching people surf.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
pots illeagal now and people still get away with growing it. So if it becomes legal do u think they are really gonna bust down more peoples doors then they do now?

Top Bottom