Breeding for whorls

• Thread starter Sativied
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
the reason I stopped was to ask about your NFT mix I am al ready to go ahead with the 1st run as the Clones are rooting up and will need to be placed within the next week,
I was going to just stay with my Jacks Pro but your input is always appreciated and respected also
I've heard good things about Jacks Pro (affordable quality nutes) but I have no experience with it so hard to compare. If it's suitable for hydroponics, I'd probably stick with it. As long as the res contents stays "healthy" and contains enough of all elements the plants will have no problem taking up what it needs from the flow. If for whatever reason it doesn't work optimally you can still get something else and refresh the res contents.

I prefer to keep it simple too so I only use base nutes. House and Garden AquaFlakes AB in particular. I used nearly their entire line once and partly, and it's just more work (and money) to get the same results. It's a little high on N for my system so I use some GH Bloom/B (which is low on N) during flower 'instead' of a portion of AB. I run roughly 500ppm from start to finish. 350ppm first and last week(s).

I am running out of space so I need to decide how best to say goodby to some of the babies in my stable, its so hard to let um go LoL
I'm focusing on the WP trait this round which makes it a little easier but yeah it IS hard to choose plants to remove. Depends a lot on your goals. They're like women, all beautiful in their own way.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Thanks for the 411
I will be checking that nute line close
The jacks pro is a industry standard for Huge ass grows like Commercial Produce nursserys, I have to buty it in 25 lb bad lol
I hear you can get 5 lb bags now ......
but yes its very good stuff but always checking for others
as its a hydroponic mix is made for Drain to waste
not circulation systems that s why the ph jumps every where I think but
hey its all good and will be chearing ya on to the next round.
Peace
FlyJ

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Removed the males so all females now, 13 left:
Fieldshot3

Fieldshot3 part

My favorite, still whorled as in not alternating. I also have a few alternating so will be good to compare this run. Also to a couple of regulars.
Trimore8

Flowertri2

Flowertri

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

without a doubt you grow some fine genetics and should feel well accomplished about your babies
as they look great S man
peace
FlyJ
I am hoping to play with mine some more
not to your level
no way LoL I barely know how to keep the pollen on the cotton swab..

but just fer the fun and the experience, You give me something to aim for
if I work at it long enough and steady with focus a bad ass plant can be had.
great work
FlyJ

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Group

Still a bit cold at night so purp stems but apart from that doing well so far.

Floweragain

Internode and phyllotaxy comparison:

Regular non-alternating:
Regop nonalternating

Regular alternating:
Regop alternating

Whorled phyllotaxy (later whorler) - alternating:
Wplate alternating

Later whorler, non alternating (stretcher, bent main stem 90 degrees)
Wplate

Strong/early whorler, alternating/spiral:
Wp alternating

And last, but not least, whorled phyllotaxy (non alternating)
Wp nonalternating

If this plant stays on track... I've said several times tri-whorled doesn't necessarily lead to more bud but not only does it have those 3 pompons on each node, they are visible larger than all others. The closest one is the one is the first internode pic above, which is very similar but regular, so is a nice one to compare. They are the two behind each other that stand out the most, pic from yesterday, reg in front, wp behind it:
Regvstri

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Tri pollinated with quad male pollen:
Trixquadseeds

The best tri is clearly the best yielder at this point, obviously still have to see how long it goes on and if the bud structure is good and compact but it's already forming a cola, the part in the picture is nearly a feet tall.
Favtri

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Not entirely sure yet, it's definitely not regular, and that does look very similar to how my whorlers start to whorl. The fan leaf growing towards the top right of the picture is that divergent leaf I mentioned a few times.

To determine if it's really whorled phyllotaxy I'd have to see the nodes, or you can simply see for yourself. If tri-whorled then three leaves start at the same level. Once the nodes start alternating from maturity it's technically no longer whorled, but spiral. Which from the top looks the same except that in whorled phyllotaxy technically all three leaves are of similar age and hence similar size. In a true spiral they grow 1 leaf at a time kind of like walking up circular/spiral stairs growing a leaf every step.

Muckman420

Muckman420

Not entirely sure yet, it's definitely not regular, and that does look very similar to how my whorlers start to whorl. The fan leaf growing towards the top right of the picture is that divergent leaf I mentioned a few times.

To determine if it's really whorled phyllotaxy I'd have to see the nodes, or you can simply see for yourself. If tri-whorled then three leaves start at the same level. Once the nodes start alternating from maturity it's technically no longer whorled, but spiral. Which from the top looks the same except that in whorled phyllotaxy technically all three leaves are of similar age and hence similar size. In a true spiral they grow 1 leaf at a time kind of like walking up circular/spiral stairs growing a leaf every step.
I'll take a pictur real quick, they have been doin the spiral staircase deal

Muckman420

Muckman420

here she is, i have the two. the stem rub smells like sweet pinesol, and they are a lil over 2 feet tall and barely a week into flower

Muckman420

Muckman420

sorry i wasnt trying to multi post, my phone skips around and my ipad camera sucks.

I'm not sure what they are, the shop owner thought he sold me all King Louie when in fact he did not. They are very stout compared to the other 10, so I am really interested to see what they put out.

I appreciate your input mang

Last edited:
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Looking good Muckman, nice short internodes. It's not uncommon for them to spiral when they are so mature they alternate. Will be interesting to see if it spirals in the eventual bud sites too.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Reg cola:
Regcolaback

spiral:
Spiralcolaback

Triwhorled:
Tri backright

Favorite tri whorled:
Favtricola

Tribud

Removed 4 of the 13 plants to give the best 9 some space and improve air circulation. It's not going 100%, potted up from 1.7gallon to nearly 3 gallon cause the pots dried out too fast, couldn't water them enough for a day.

Groupshotjan14

Favorite tri is left in the front. Center front is a regular, different mother than the two mothers of the rest. Looks pretty good for a regular:
CH4 side

CH4 sidelarge

Ch4 top2

Shamus

Shamus

TriCot!!!
what?

i remember kind of talking with you about dicots and tricots but that is the significance of this?

this seed is from a seed run of seeds that were from 1979. so its like the next fillial generation after the 1979 seeds.

also i have a feeling a lot of them have this trait as the had problems germinating and were just outright weird

Latest posts

Top Bottom