Breeding for whorls

• Thread starter Sativied
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Thanks guys, and likewise, have a great holiday season.

Will update this thread with more pics soon, most of the 36 CHxCH are whorlers. Tris and even a quad again.

Chch2

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Group 12 7
Group 16 12

Group 16b 12

Group 16c 12

Groups

Group 21 12

Two in front on the right are males, most right the tall one is a quad. Left in the back is also a male.

#9, female, in front is from a different mother.

Started with 36 (6x6). Currently have 17 left, of which 3 are males. The quad, the tri I already found earlier, and another tri.

Most of the females are whorled too. Some started at node 4, others not until node 6-8. One of them was triwhorled on the branches before the main stem.

More pics coming up.

Group 12 12
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
The quad just when I found it:
Quad2

Quad1

Male quad2

Male quad

It's very similar to the quad I used for my crosses and this CHxCH, even a little better, more neat quad nodes.

A regular female:
Chch3reg

The tri female I already found in an earlier batch. Ended up sort of bonsai-ing it:
Chch2 bonsai

Couple of plants had mutated middlefingers:

Middlefingers

Middlefinger

Tri4 middlefinger

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Roots

Chch1

Nutes

Pots contain
- soil from a bag (gold label light)
- worm castings
- little bit of perlite
- bat shit (had it already, might as well use it)
- little bit of palm tree ash
- bacteria and fungi
- "buffertablets"

Water with bacto (bacteria and stuff..., also from sannie) and seaweed extract, bit of molasses.

Muckman420

Muckman420

I would like to make an attempt at creating my own crosses, I haven't found it yet which is why I want it. " Purple Cheese" lavender x cheese or a "purple blue cheese" grandaddy purple x Buddhas cheese or a blue cheese, Thoughts?

H

happy b

View attachment 468560

View attachment 468562
View attachment 468563
Pots contain
- soil from a bag (gold label light)
- worm castings
- little bit of perlite
- bat shit (had it already, might as well use it)
- little bit of palm tree ash
- bacteria and fungi
- "buffertablets"

Water with bacto (bacteria and stuff..., also from sannie) and seaweed extract, bit of molasses.
Are sannies buffer tablet and bacto any good?i sometimes get the rust spots on my leaves a 3/4weeks or so in flower.i want to remidy it but would like to keep it simple.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Are sannies buffer tablet and bacto any good?
Don't know about the bacto really, hard to see if it helps, by itself won't prevent deficiencies if there's not enough in the soil.

The tablets work, used them before in combination with a less rich soil mix than I'm using now. Did get some yellowing the last few weeks but that's partly because I used less of the tablet than recommended.

I use this because I had it already, not sure if I would buy it again. The tablets didn't dissolve entirely so wasted like 25% of it. Instead of putting them in the soil I crush them and spread them out a little by little every other watering. Have yet to see how that's going to work out.

The bacto and tablets were part of Sannie's starter kit which included seeds, bacto, fungi, tabs, spongepots, and B.A.C. Flower. The latter is a bottle of liquid concentrated 100% organic nutes (6-5-6) that's pretty much optional.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I would like to make an attempt at creating my own crosses, I haven't found it yet which is why I want it. " Purple Cheese" lavender x cheese or a "purple blue cheese" grandaddy purple x Buddhas cheese or a blue cheese, Thoughts?
Sounds good :) And sounds doable.

When you cross lavender x cheese there are several likely outcomes:
- They will taste like lavender (if it's "complete dominant" over cheese), or
- They will taste like cheese (if cheese gene/allele is complete dominant over lavender), or
- They will taste like a combination (because they are co or incomplete dominant and or multiple separate sets of genes play a role)

That last one may for example result in 90% lavender and just a hint of the cheese, or the other way around.

Less likely, especially in the first generation, but possible is that you get something new.

What you basically want to know is how the taste traits inherit. They could be sort of 50-50 co dominant and create a desired mix of lavender and cheese. They only way to find that out is to do a test cross. If that happens to be the case, my suggestion would be to stabilize the lavender strain if and as needed, and the cheese strain too, and then cross them into an real F1 hybrid.

For example, pick the most lavender and most cheesy and backcross each of those lines for 4 gens or so and then cross them together.

If you cross them without stabilizing them first and want to take that F1 to F2 and further, you may have a harder time finding the right plants. In F2 you will have the same likely outcomes as above, but all 3 and not just 1.

Point is, to be able to recreate that lavender+cheese strain consistently you may have to go for keeping a lavender parent and a cheese parent instead of two lavender+cheese parents.

H

happy b

Sounds good :) And sounds doable.

When you cross lavender x cheese there are several likely outcomes:
- They will taste like lavender (if it's "complete dominant" over cheese), or
- They will taste like cheese (if cheese gene/allele is complete dominant over lavender), or
- They will taste like a combination (because they are co or incomplete dominant and or multiple separate sets of genes play a role)

That last one may for example result in 90% lavender and just a hint of the cheese, or the other way around.

Less likely, especially in the first generation, but possible is that you get something new.

What you basically want to know is how the taste traits inherit. They could be sort of 50-50 co dominant and create a desired mix of lavender and cheese. They only way to find that out is to do a test cross. If that happens to be the case, my suggestion would be to stabilize the lavender strain if and as needed, and the cheese strain too, and then cross them into an real F1 hybrid.

For example, pick the most lavender and most cheesy and backcross each of those lines for 4 gens or so and then cross them together.

If you cross them without stabilizing them first and want to take that F1 to F2 and further, you may have a harder time finding the right plants. In F2 you will have the same likely outcomes as above, but all 3 and not just 1.

Point is, to be able to recreate that lavender+cheese strain consistently you may have to go for keeping a lavender parent and a cheese parent instead of two lavender+cheese parents.
Iv always found cheese is one of those strains that tends to dominate a cross

Muckman420

Muckman420

Sounds like a plan, I'll take a stab at it next season. I'll have to hope for a male or two but not sure which bank would be best for seed stock.

I won't stop until it tastes like grape cheese, or lavender cheese.

@happy b I have had blue cheese that had notes of blueberry cheddar, I have been craving grape motzzerella since, lol

H

happy b

Oh yeah for sure cheese doesn't dominate completely but iv ran a good few of big Buddha's cheese crossed which were great but I found most phenos turned out mainly cheese with a touch of whatever it was crossed with .I think that was Buddha's intention though so it may be that it was just bred to be that way.

Muckman420

Muckman420

Has any one ever just bred for flavor, I wouldn't mind commercial yields but I prefer a heavy hitting, long lasting stone, so I go for plants that look like they had more love during growth.. I have also noticed a dramatic drop in actual taste in all the clinic buds in the greater LA area. either a lot of growers these days don't care or some one fucked up the gene pool, I'm leaning towards the first one though.

Grandaddy purp just don't taste like it did in 04-09, and too many people thing OG is the only thing to smoke. No one I chill with knows what these tasted like so I am going to show them.

Also I noticed a decline I actual variety of strains, like my favorits disapear and nothing cuts the mustard now. Finally able to do my first actual grow, my setup is pretty primitive do to lack of overall cost. I am working on getting a drain tub and another hood/ballast, read TX K's DJ Shorts post about lights and figured I would try 1000WT MH and a 1000WT HPS, I already have both types going but only MH is 1000WT the other is a 150WT high out put HPS. They are in veg right now, but since HPs gets ya yield and MH gets ya flavor I want both.

Thinking of keeping one as a mother..... Not sure what I want in stock but here I come, out of the dark leaving behind my mucky mucks so I can be legit till I get a shamans liscence. I need wading pools and they are seasonal just hope no one dawgs on my drip tray lol. So much of what I started of with I was given with love, I only bought the 1000 wt kit with both bulbs and the soil and grow bags.... Just about all I could afford for now, next grow I will have a tent setup. Just glad to have an empty room in my house with a ceiling fan and plent of electricity, now I just need solar panels.

Sorry about grabbing a tangent, grow big or go home!

Muckman420

Muckman420

Today I hung out and watched the sunrise with the ladies, feels good having 12 bitches love on ya at once ;)o_O:):D:D:D

King Louis XIII OG start of week 3 veg

Last edited:
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Takes a bit to get caught up if I dont swing in once or twice a week to the Sati thread . . . . . .
Brother do you have some game or what ?
the reason I stopped was to ask about your NFT mix I am al ready to go ahead with the 1st run as the Clones are rooting up and will need to be placed within the next week,
I was going to just stay with my Jacks Pro but your input is always appreciated and respected also
Started with 36 (6x6). Currently have 17 left
I am running out of space so I need to decide how best to say goodby to some of the babies in my stable, its so hard to let um go LoL
ANy whoot
hope your Holi-dazes have been full of good friends family positive vibes and most of all peace in you.
Take care and thank you Bro FlyJ

Top Bottom