Breeding for whorls

• Thread starter Sativied
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
So I've been feeding it normally (450ppm/0.9ec AB nutes) for barely a week. Those bottom two complete fans were more yellow than green.
egaw1-jpg.583924
The evergreen x AW now:
Egaw3

Besides the necrotic spots I think I can get all that yellow to turn green. Which by itself isn't that special, even though it's in flower, but the roots are brown and the drain smells like rotting corpse... I've been giving it nutes for soil and hydro and even some organic liquid nutes not suitable for hydro. It appears to smell more like the afghan in the Amnesia White than the perfumed phenos. Still no nanners, though the AW didn't do that till much later either.

Found another PCK female. Still 2 to sex, I think one is male, other could very well be a female. It's very hard to impossible to see in this variety until it produces pistils. Mostly because the preflowers are so small. Wouldn't be able to determine sex this soon without scope or good camera:
Vegfemale3 preflower

So either 3 or 4 females out of 7 seedlings, in addition to 3 freaks and 2 failed seeds out of a 10-pack with 12 seeds... If it's 4 it's not too bad from a 10-pack after all.

Vegfemale3

I normally have to pot up earlier, usually around the time the first true leaves get pale and I can't water enough for a day without drowning. I've given these 400-500ml per 2 days. Very low amount of nutes, about 14ml per plant over 1 month. This gives me good hopes I won't have to feed them much after potting up to the full mix soil. Going to push them a little further in these pots, till I'm sure of the sex of all, and then pot up the females and veg those bigger. Curious to see if there's a noticeable difference in root mass. Still under 400w.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Mutant2

Mutant1

Mutant

One of the silver haze plants. The axillary is no longer growing from the axil of the leaf's petiole. Crazy... Only on one plant and on one node. I don't think it's a genetic trait but a result of keeping the nodes too short initially, millimeters under T8 in dwc, so short they looked quad whorled.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I did google a bit to see if it's something named already but didn't find anything. Made up ditap myself. I think it's a fluke occurence that happened when the embryo formed and not an inheritable mutation. It's OT Haze by the way (o haze from old timer via ace). Will take a while for it's finished....

Toaster79

Toaster79

Hey guys!

That tricot plant started growing normally after second node and so is the lateral branching even growing from the tri node. She's about to finish stretching (hopefully) and the bud sites are forming. Will dust a bottom branch or two when there are more pistils poking out so I don't end up with 5 seeds.

20160403 195353

Keep it green!

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
...only thing I could come up with was caudal bifurcation--
ditap works much better than caudbifurt...
In that case I suggest polytaproot, with ditap being an example, stay in line with polycotyledon and mono-, di-, tricot. :)

Just determined sex on the last two PCK, 1 male, 1 female. So that means I got 4 females and 3 males. 4 females out of a 10 pack isn't that bad at all. There were 12 seeds in it, and then 4 females is what we in dutch call 'making someone happy with a dead sparrow'.

All sexed and numbered now, going to clone them soon and then continue vegging so I can flower them with some others (at least silver haze) and pollinated one with the other, or each other, and itself (as in pck x pck and sh sh). Would be great to actually grow some red pck x sh next run, depending on how they turn out but will make seeds regardless. Oh... and maybe panama x pck and probably panama x silver haze.

Last edited:
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
O Haze (OT Haze from Ace)
Already clearly the most slender leaflets I've grown so far.

The silver haze weirdo below, probably going to use those branches as cuttings cause I'm not sure they will be able to hold the bud...
Mutant3

Toaster79

Toaster79

Hey Sativied!

I just dusted some lower branches of both of my auto girls and now have a question for you, since you've got all the breeding knowledge down to the expert level. What is to be expected from those seeds to be developed (if the pollen is still viable )? Mothers are feminized auto flowers and father is photoperiod.

Lets say I plan to use these for further "breeding", if I leave those who start flowering by itself get jiggy, am I gettin only autos or are the photo treats carried on to the next generations until bred out?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Hey guys!

That tricot plant started growing normally after second node and so is the lateral branching even growing from the tri node. She's about to finish stretching (hopefully) and the bud sites are forming. Will dust a bottom branch or two when there are more pistils poking out so I don't end up with 5 seeds.

View attachment 587436

Keep it green!
Ha, Sat called it b4 it even grew past the first node!
After a second look, could be the angle of the pic, but it appears to have two of the newest leaves and is turning regular. There should be a leaf at 20:00 hour.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Hey Sativied!

I just dusted some lower branches of both of my auto girls and now have a question for you, since you've got all the breeding knowledge down to the expert level. What is to be expected from those seeds to be developed (if the pollen is still viable )? Mothers are feminized auto flowers and father is photoperiod.

Lets say I plan to use these for further "breeding", if I leave those who start flowering by itself get jiggy, am I gettin only autos or are the photo treats carried on to the next generations until bred out?
Around 80% auto seeds, 19-20% fast version photo, maybe 1% mutant

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Around 80% auto seeds, 19-20% fast version photo, maybe 1% mutant
This is what I was told on this forum, I did the same, fem auto pollenated with photo pollen. I popped all 18 seeds I got and only 3 or 4 were photos.
I am assuming it is the dominance of the auto gene? I was never explained it further.

Toaster79

Toaster79

This is what I was told on this forum, I did the same, fem auto pollenated with photo pollen. I popped all 18 seeds I got and onle 3 or 4 were photos.
I am assuming it is the dominance of the auto gene? I was never explained it further.

That's why I was asking the guy who knows his shit about breeding and genetics :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom