Broad Mites In Colorado

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SooperSmurph

Thanks for the tip. haven't tried that high concentration before.
It will make your plants utterly miserable, and they will need at least a week or two of veg afterwards to resume normal growth, but it is VERY effective against the broad mite menace.

CaliRay

CaliRay

Greetings farmer's. Everyone should look into Andersoni amblyseius. If released in veg and prior to flowering these little guys will bring the war to rust mites or any mite at that. They are not cheap but they work. If anyone is dealing with them now go and buy them. Remove an affected leaf place the Andersoni amblyseius on said leaf and look in a 60 or 100 × scope to see what happens. Happy growing farmer's and good luck.

yesdog

yesdog

Started me first legal grow at the start of the month! Definitely a newb, thought I was being smart getting clones from Denver.... not sure what kind of mites I have, but I definitely have them.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Started me first legal grow at the start of the month! Definitely a newb, thought I was being smart getting clones from Denver.... not sure what kind of mites I have, but I definitely have them.
LoL

SpiderK

SpiderK

Giphy

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

You should punch whoever said that to you right in the face.

I hate supporting monsanto but I've heard good things about met52.
https://www.google.com/#q=met52

yesdog

yesdog

Hate to spread bad blood and give their name, but its pretty much the only place in Denver for clones that was googleable.

Note: Metarhizium anisopliae is a naturally occurring fungus — not genetically modified — found in soils worldwide. Once the spores come in contact with susceptible insects they penetrate the cuticle or exoskeleton and begin to grow inside, causing the insect to die.

Hard to believe monsanto did something without genetically modifying something. Might give it a try.... as of right now I have about 5 nodes new growth with no sign of mites, so might not be needed.... but might be good to have around.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Hate to spread bad blood and give their name, but its pretty much the only place in Denver for clones that was googleable

I am very firmly of the belief that any legitimate business that acts in an unsavory way should be named. It is the only way to get bad actors out. The rules are different than what we are used to. I take the mindset of something like a restaurant review or health code report. Name the assholes serving tainted chicken, tell others you saw the cook dip their balls in the soup, etc. Assuming a business license hangs on a wall somewhere, the business has excluded itself from the black market and no longer gets the few protections offered there.

Edit: it really does suck their isn't a known reliable legal clone spot. I just go seeds now, local based whenever possible.

yesdog

yesdog

@xavier7995 fair point! Was Denver Clone Store (north)

Are there any good local Colorado stores that sell feminized seeds? I really do wish there was a legit clone source. I like to think it was some sort of mistake on their part, but come to think of it, they said there was zero treatment done to them besides root hormones and pH'd water, while I'm sure the plants they grow to sell were probably treated heavily.... unless they just sell webbed bud.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

Are there any good local Colorado stores that sell feminized seeds? I really do wish there was a legit clone source. I like to think it was some sort of mistake on their part, but come to think of it, they said there was zero treatment done to them besides root hormones and pH'd water, while I'm sure the plants they grow to sell were probably treated heavily.... unless they just sell webbed bud.
Maybe it's time you spent some dolla's at the thc farmer and cut your own clones:D or you could try craigslist...

Last edited:
CaliRay

CaliRay

Greetings farmer's. Ivery told that there is a better way to treat clone for rust mites or spider mites. Place said clones in to a tray as if you were going to clone them, put dome on and, seal it with tape. Cover one of the vents, and you're going to put c02 through the other vent . It's my understanding that pushing c02 into a sealed environment will kill any rust mites or spider mites. The only thing that will live is the clone.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Greetings farmer's. Ivery told that there is a better way to treat clone for rust mites or spider mites. Place said clones in to a tray as if you were going to clone them, put dome on and, seal it with tape. Cover one of the vents, and you're going to put c02 through the other vent . It's my understanding that pushing c02 into a sealed environment will kill any rust mites or spider mites. The only thing that will live is the clone.
False. It may kill them but won't kill the eggs unless you plan on sealing the plant in there for days at extremely high levels of co2. Could be possible but may kill the plant too .

CaliRay

CaliRay

False. It may kill them but won't kill the eggs unless you plan on sealing the plant in there for days at extremely high levels of co2. Could be possible but may kill the plant too .
No, it will not kill the eggs but that's why you follow up on it once eggs hatch. Another thing it won't kill the clone in the dome. There's a grower on you tube from Colorado that explains how to do it.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I like 14er in boulder as my standard response. Rare dankness should have a facility opening soon I believe.

You might try calling around and seeing what various dispensaries say, I used to randomly just see seeds pop up at a shop and then they would be gone a week later.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Hate to spread bad blood and give their name, but its pretty much the only place in Denver for clones that was googleable.

Note: Metarhizium anisopliae is a naturally occurring fungus — not genetically modified — found in soils worldwide. Once the spores come in contact with susceptible insects they penetrate the cuticle or exoskeleton and begin to grow inside, causing the insect to die.

Hard to believe monsanto did something without genetically modifying something. Might give it a try.... as of right now I have about 5 nodes new growth with no sign of mites, so might not be needed.... but might be good to have around.
If you are in denver south-ish the couple shops along i25 between evans and broadway should have it, call first. I've heard great things about green cleaner as well. http://www.hydrogalaxy.com/new-items/green-cleaner-8-oz-1/?gclid=CMvFtJuVtc4CFY-AaQoduBULWA

Top Bottom