Bubba Kush 400w Stealth Grow Tent

• Thread starter greenguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hippie420

Hippie420

Nice first run! I can from experience that 600W HID's are the future! Better penetration than a 400W and less electrical use and more lumens per Watt than a 1000W... GL with your next grow and enjoy your harvest!

Peace,
Hippie

greenguy

greenguy

Dried a little too fast, might end up with a lot of shake, turned off the blower tonight...smoke was great, strong heady high, not too harsh, tastes great! Happy that it all went smoothly and things turned out well, gonna put em in jars tomorrow for a couple weeks and will try to get a scale for finale results.

greenguy

greenguy

dried way too much :( ...next time I will put a timer on the blower to slow the drying process. Buds didnt come out as dense as I would like either, will consider hydro and potentially adding more lumens to grow in the future.

greenguy

greenguy

Added some lemon peel in each of the jars for 24 hrs to add some moisture and it worked perfectly. Friends are raving about buds and I'm stoaked they came out this good. Very stoney head strong high. Came out to just over 4oz :cool0010:

Photo6
C

casmel

I am considering getting two more of these tents and putting them side by side in another closet I have. Temps would be a problem but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off by exausting up into the attic and getting a window AC unit for the room. Would need a bigger blower and carbon filter than the first grow, the rest would be the same. Here's what I'm thinking...

Hello , Nice grow , read the entire thread . Just to comment on this grow drawing . One important thing is that you have to direct the cooltube exhausts out of the grow cabin cos you dont want to heat them , or if they are intakes then i dont suggest to make it intake from the growroom . Good grow by the way , smart trimming got good results . happy growing , greets .

greenguy

greenguy

If I run the other two tents I will exaust up into the attic to ensure their are no heat issues. The goal would be a lb out of three stealth tents. Maybe 4 plants per tent and prob a diff strand to ensure a higher yield.

greenguy

greenguy

So I have this grow up and going again, this time I'm running my favorite Jack Herrer. 6 in a single bin same as before, but this time I am trying to train them in something of a stadium style. I tied the four corner plants to the rods that hold the tent shape, I also used some hanger wires to flatten the surfacte in the middle. Flipping to 12/12 this week, hoping the training will open plants up a bit more and provide more consistant buds.
Photo
Photo1

greenguy

greenguy

last grow was during winter, summer is coming and temps are concerning...hovering around 79-82. Had to go with an intake fan, rigged up a 6 inch computer fan but will prob upgrade...last grow was simple passive intake.

greenguy

greenguy

My original estimate was 4 oz, but I never weighed it. Later I realized I ended up with much more than 4 oz's, was more like 7 or 8 ounces...stuff was extremely potent! I made brownies one night and several of my friends had to take a dick day from work the next day due to weed hangover. Hoping for a little higher yield this next time around and bigger more consistant nugs.

socalval

socalval

I have often thought of how it would turn out to stagger 3 clones on each side of your container/bed and grow them straight up into the trellis and weave them in and out and flip them into another net 6-8 inches above the 1st one . soil ?nutes ? Nice to see a second round .

nebulius

nebulius

Love Jack Herer, great smoke. Good idea on training, I know Jack can get a little tall.

Luke OReilly

Luke OReilly

Looks like a nice little set up, 400 watts seems like a lot of power to be using in such a small space over just 6 plants.

Luke OReilly

Luke OReilly

Nice first run! I can from experience that 600W HID's are the future! Better penetration than a 400W and less electrical use and more lumens per Watt than a 1000W... GL with your next grow and enjoy your harvest!

Peace,
Hippie
I am going to have to say that the future of grow lighting is LED lights.

Hippie420

Hippie420

No induction and plasma if we are talking new wave tech. LED is old news.

Peace,
Hippie

Luke OReilly

Luke OReilly

No induction and plasma if we are talking new wave tech. LED is old news.

Peace,
Hippie
Well induction is showing some promise, plasma grow lights produce a spectrum similar to HPS. I truly believe that once the dust clears in this grow light revolution that LED will be the one left standing tall. Induction could prove to be very useful in the grow room though because it is able to provide some light in the far red and low UV-C range. Many LED suppliers would have growers believe that they are able to provide the UV and IR spectrum's that help your plants, however infrared LED's have to be run at low current or they burn out with in 48 hours of use. As for ultra violet LED's, the shortest wavelength of LED on the market is 380nm, for ultra violet to stimulate greater THC production it would have to be supplied in the UV-C range about 280nm. I would love to see you give LED grow lights a try Hippie, I bet you will agree with me after the first harvest. ;) I am moving soon but will be keeping a detailed grow journal on the farm of an LED grow. You are going to laugh at me I know but that projected harvest is 1.5 - 2 grams per watt. We will see though.

greenguy

greenguy

Wow...this grow is prob best done with a full indica. Jack clones are overgrowing their home, competing for space and stretching fast. Would have been best to scrog one or two but the opportunity to do so is long gone. I have the girls tied down some and I put a net over them to help hold em down, but they are growing up past the light in some places. I decided to take the refector out of my cool tube, this way the light will fill the entire tent. I figure the white top of the tent is good enough reflection and that doing this will help grow the buds that have grown above the light. Buds are starting to form now in wk two, hoping the stretching stops in the next couple weeks or my girls will be recieving a hair cut. Tomorrow is second feeding of full nutes!

Smoke on!

iCultivate

iCultivate

How are you training those plants? All the growth is the the edge of your growbox.

greenguy

greenguy

I started to and have been trying to train them in a "stadium" or "bowl" shape in an effort to utilize the light spectrum to the max in such a small space...prob is that these plants are sativa dominant and the stretch has been a little out of control. I used hanger wire and a clothes line mixed with some twist ties to tie down the grow where I could...will let it go for the most part from here on. Temps are being kept as low as possible (~75F) so buds can go ahead and grow right up close to the light without being burnt. Gonna make sure the next run looks a little cleaner, this one has grown wild on me

Photo

Latest posts

Top Bottom