bubba kush bx-1 grow log

• Thread starter negative 1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

negative 1

heres a couple pics from this evening. things are looking good. i need to make it down there but am expeiencing technical difficulties with the car...and am lazy to walk that far...lol....anyways one is a shot of the entire thing, i just planted 21 more seeds so with hope they will be just far enough behind to get right on perpetual from the door. the seedlings today are 2 weeks one day. started to hit em with pure blend pro grow, cal mag <just a lil> and a tiny bit of bloom to give em a lil boost. the bloom will be eliminated after this couple gallons of reverse osmosis are gone.

2010 02 04951819291
2010 02 04951819472
N

negative 1

here is another pic from today. a bit better quality. sorry i hate to turn off the lights so until flower time hps shots are what we get. this single plant pic is the biggest bubba bx i got. and surprisingly it reeks already! no shit really smells like dank. can't wait to see what we got. i'm almost hoping its a boy!

DSC09876
DSC09885
N

negative 1

getting the feed right, slow like. they are eating heavier than i anticipated for this stage so they needed up fed to full strength now. the one is nice smelling deep funk i guess i would describe. anyways....

DSC09897
DSC09895
N

negative 1

also, i'm gonna completly flush these out tomorrow and start at a ph of 5.7 this is my first coco grow and while i thought i was figuring it out, seems 5.9 is to high i'e been told so 5.7 will be my goal tomorrow. any criticisms feel free to jump in cuz i'm getting ready to go back to soil but don't want to give up my coco dream but also don't want to give up my bubba dream either.....

N

negative 1

heres a lil update. they are getting bigger. got the ph to 5.7 on the runoff and things seem to be getting a bit better. some are a lil finky but the bubba bxs are looking good. i throw in a shot of c-99 x startrain <sensi star x trainwreck> just cuz i love the leaf structure on this one.

DSC09914
DSC09908
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
You're not kidding on that structure, wow! That looks amazing, shark toothed, very serrated.. Nice ones..

N

negative 1

heres a couple random shots. seems as though ons\e of the bubba bx is now a triploid.......the first three sets of leaves are normal and the fourth is a trippy so i hope the pattern continues as it is also the stinky one. the other one now stinks but not as dankly......surprisingly the only other plant smelling as dank <but in a different way> is the williams wonder ix-1 so lets see what happens ......on with the show

DSC09939
DSC09967
DSC09961
DSC09954
N

negative 1

ahh it's my first run in coco and i guess i picked a bunch of strains that i should have stuck to what i know with but i couldnt resist the urge......thanks though. since i got the ph situation under control they are geting hungry and yellowing at the bottome so i started feeding them a lil more than half strength tonight, i was told this was too much but 1/4 strength aint tochin em and i need em to green up and grow so they can vegetate normally. thanks for stopping by everyone and any criticisms are welcome.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep up the good work man.. Maybe hit them with a good Nitrozyme foliar feed with some MagiCal mixed in.. It'll help green them up a bit.. Regardless, they look good.. Happy harvests!!

N

negative 1

tex, here a shot of last night
1> bubba bx 1
2>bubba bx 2
3> bubba bx 3
4>group shot....
you can see the triploid is curling in badly and i dont know if its from the trips on her cuz the next set is also growing in like this ans the first one the bottom set of leaves is dead and needs removed looks to be a little behind the other two but i'm just glad it made it this far. i foliar with seaweed and kelp with the pbp grow and cal mag last night so i'm hoping they are good n green today.... thanks for stopping in though cuz al the input i can get i'll take on this one!

DSC09993
DSC09979
DSC09971
DSC09972
N

negative 1

it's been a couple dadys, now the ph is right but the nutroents are too high i think. for the most part they look good <better than they did> and growth has accelerated. anywyas heres a couple shots.

DSC09853
DSC09846
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
They are really starting to grow. Way to stick with them and nurse them along.

N

negative 1

thanks fellas! i have had a love affair with bubba since long before i have had the chance to grow it. to me it defines the perfect weed plant <shishkeberry also does this for me for some odd reason> but i figure with all the kush sour diesels crosses i got for this round i had to pop these seeds..... the bubba x purple kush x sour diesel is looking awesome too, although it isn't from the cali connection, well the bubba bx1 are not either but figure they are from another venture of swerves so this would be the best place to post it..... figurion out the coco has been fun for me in a good way all be it frusterating at times but isn't every learning experience....relly i hope i get to test the jamaican crosses swerve got on the line they sound awesome. but yeah bubba has got to be my favorite plant of all time and ehile i stay clear of the femenized seeds i'm hoping someday i get the original pre 98 but for now these crosses will have to work.
love peace and chicken grease!

N

negative 1

heres tonight. the ph and nutes are doing most of them justice. the bubbas believe it or not minus two other plants are the most vigorous growing of the lot!
1> triploid love this plant dark is the only way i can describe it
2> c 99 x startrain <i know this aint the bx1 but i love the looks of this plant it's got a sweet looking leaf to it>
3>the back row are the bubba bx 1 two are very similar while one is a bit more strechy. the strechy one though did have a harder time through my trial and errors of learning the coco.
4>sr 71 purple kush x appalachia. tiny plant, surprisingly it has five full sets of leaves but they are SOOOOO compact. another one i will intently be watching as it grows.
5>general view of the garden. it's still a work in progress i got concrete mixing tubs to place the plants in and a 450 gph pump <or somewhere around there> to pump water out of them. i got a 30 foot tube to run the water to a nearby drain and plan on doing 4 250 gph pumps <one for each tub attached to pvc then the hose and use the 450 to pump water on a drip system once it is all filled in and "the draft" for keepers is done.
6> also not a bubba bx but look at the leaf there it's got two points where it tried to be two leaves but never grew apaprt. the strain is bubba x purple kush x sour diesel from bodhi seeds. that concludes the show. also for note keeping sake. i pinched the tops of all the plants tonight so the hormones would go to the side shoots for taking quicker clones so i can get to picking which will be keepers. i'm gonna look for structure and potency somewhat on this round <structure more than potency because i always get better potency from the clones> then the structuraly sound ones with decent potency from seed will be used in further propagation. also 4 clones will be taken from each and three of each flowered out so that the winners i have a mother of and the loseres i can flower or throw out depending on how good bad they are in the next run. also there are more seedlings <21> behind these that will be vegged and flowered with the clones on the next round and the same selection process will be used... all in all i hope for three to four mother plants to use from these and if luck serves me, a male to work with! thanks for tuning in!

DSC09894
DSC09892
DSC09890
DSC09906
DSC09910
DSC09912
N

negative 1

from last night. did a lil trimming of the big protruding fan leaves the ph is now hard at work in a proper manner and the bubbas are looking splendifferous.....

DSC09940
DSC09930
DSC09925
saldiado

saldiado

hell yeah man looking very familiar to the pre 98 i got. what do the stems smell like in veg?

N

negative 1

the smell in veg is like dark i guess is the way i can describe it.....i don't want to say coffee because it isn't to that point....maybe like a coco powder with a mild hint of coffee.....the whole plant reeks badly, well two of three absolutley smell like dank already the third had a harder time rocking on from the go but is catching right up now but is much more strechy. the two that are similar smell by far the most of the plants. definetly am looking forward to these babies in flower they were planted a month ago yesterday and i can only imagine what they would look like if i had the proper ph from the door but hey they are on there way now......thanks for stopping by i'd like to see some pics of your bubba 98 if you ever get around to it or can direct me in the right way. i'm gonna do some cloning tomorrow cuz i'm gonna start flowering them out here in the next week hopefully if i can get a couple more things together.

Top Bottom